God's Not Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2014, 11:55 PM
RE: God's Not Dead
(16-11-2014 07:05 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I'm kind of curious how often Muslim to Christian conversions happen in real life to begin with, and vice versa, since I'm getting a distinct "Look, even people from other religions know we're right!" vibe.

Anyone know?

I know of one guy who was my friend in hgh school - but he did the full deconversion cycle. Bizarre sect of Islam -> Mainstream Islam -> Christian -> Back to Islam -> ??? I assume he'll make it to atheist one day.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2014, 01:31 AM
I've seen plenty of people on Facebook talk about this movie. Christian's eat this propaganda shit up with a spoon. They are lonely heroes standing side by side with Christ against the entire world armed with their Bible and holy righteousness.
17-11-2014, 01:31 AM
*double post*
17-11-2014, 07:27 PM
(16-11-2014 07:05 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I'm kind of curious how often Muslim to Christian conversions happen in real life to begin with, and vice versa, since I'm getting a distinct "Look, even people from other religions know we're right!" vibe.

Anyone know?

Yeah that's exactly what it was. Even the Muslims want to be Christians, they are only Muslims because its being forced upon them. Im used to Christian movies giving a dishonest view of Atheists, but this movie goes even farther in implying that Muslims are really Closet Christians. Its a really pathetic, dishonest movie.
[+] 2 users Like spencerjames's post
17-11-2014, 09:16 PM
(17-11-2014 07:27 PM)spencerjames Wrote:  

Anyone know?

Yeah that's exactly what it was. Even the Muslims want to be Christians, they are only Muslims because its being forced upon them. Im used to Christian movies giving a dishonest view of Atheists, but this movie goes even farther in implying that Muslims are really Closet Christians. Its a really pathetic, dishonest movie.

I fail to understand why anyone would want to be christian.

Truth seeker.
17-11-2014, 09:25 PM
(17-11-2014 09:16 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I fail.

fixed*
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
17-11-2014, 10:12 PM
(17-11-2014 07:27 PM)spencerjames Wrote:  

Anyone know?

The only thing I can give this movie is that the filmography I guess is the correct word to use, is pretty good. It's not great, but good in comparison to other films.

Other than that, It fails on every possible level imaginable. Don't even get me started on the actual arguments they have in the film and all the other fucking crap.

I think I just got another idea for my English Comp I final. Its gonna be on the stigmata of atheism and the truth of persecution FROM religion. ( not of ). I think I can use this movie as a awesome example of Christian bigotry against others.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
18-11-2014, 04:30 AM
Prompted by this thread I've picked up a copy. I had avoided it until now because I assumed it'd be really boring entirely made up of arguements I already know and really boring but if it fails as completely as you've collectively said it might be interesting.
(17-11-2014 10:12 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  The only thing I can give this movie is that the filmography I guess is the correct word to use, is pretty good. It's not great, but good in comparison to other films.
A filmography is a director/ writer/ producer/ whatever body of work. (So Tarentino's filmography includes the Kill Bill movies, Jackie Brown and Django Unchained.)

Cinematography is the term you're after. It covers how a shot is framed and the content of the shot. (The meaning derived from the shot is still symbolism.)

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
18-11-2014, 07:45 AM
(17-11-2014 01:31 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I've seen plenty of people on Facebook talk about this movie. Christian's eat this propaganda shit up with a spoon. They are lonely heroes standing side by side with Christ against the entire world armed with their Bible and holy righteousness.

There is nothing more evil than people who think they can do anything they want, torture and kill anyone who gets in their way, as long as they have god on their side.

Evil fucking pricks

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
18-11-2014, 07:51 AM
(18-11-2014 04:30 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Prompted by this thread I've picked up a copy. I had avoided it until now because I assumed it'd be really boring entirely made up of arguements I already know and really boring but if it fails as completely as you've collectively said it might be interesting.
(17-11-2014 10:12 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  The only thing I can give this movie is that the filmography I guess is the correct word to use, is pretty good. It's not great, but good in comparison to other films.
A filmography is a director/ writer/ producer/ whatever body of work. (So Tarentino's filmography includes the Kill Bill movies, Jackie Brown and Django Unchained.)

Cinematography is the term you're after. It covers how a shot is framed and the content of the shot. (The meaning derived from the shot is still symbolism.)

You listed Tarentino movies and didn't include Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and From Dusk Til Dawn?
Blasphemous! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post