God's Not Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2014, 07:07 PM
RE: God's Not Dead
Well. That was a complete waste of time.

Honestly I don't even care enough to bag it out. Demonstrably false on all points and poorly done. Fails to keep a coherent theme, tone or narrative. Padded out the butt. Kinda dug the soundtrack. Worse than the latest Left Behind movie.

And now to never think about this thing again!
(18-11-2014 07:51 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(18-11-2014 04:30 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Prompted by this thread I've picked up a copy. I had avoided it until now because I assumed it'd be really boring entirely made up of arguements I already know and really boring but if it fails as completely as you've collectively said it might be interesting.
A filmography is a director/ writer/ producer/ whatever body of work. (So Tarentino's filmography includes the Kill Bill movies, Jackie Brown and Django Unchained.)

Cinematography is the term you're after. It covers how a shot is framed and the content of the shot. (The meaning derived from the shot is still symbolism.)

You listed Tarentino movies and didn't include Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and From Dusk Til Dawn?
Blasphemous! Tongue
I'm more upset about that oversight than I should be.

On a tangentially related note: How much are you looking forward to the Hateful Eight?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply