"God's Not dead" opposite AKA "Real Life"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 12:02 PM
"God's Not dead" opposite AKA "Real Life"
After watching "God's Not Dead" and recovering from the laughing fit that followed, I was wondering if there is an equivalent atheist movie, where they show the philosophy professor trying to get the class to think critically, and the christian student refuses because it would mean questioning his god, he prays for everything, but the only thing that happens is he gets what he works for. He then becomes depressed because god doesn't answer his prayers. I guess it would be titled "Welcome to real life" or something like that, but it needs to be made.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes microterf's post
10-11-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: "God's Not dead" opposite AKA "Real Life"
(10-11-2014 12:02 PM)microterf Wrote:  After watching "God's Not Dead" and recovering from the laughing fit that followed, I was wondering if there is an equivalent atheist movie, where they show the philosophy professor trying to get the class to think critically, and the christian student refuses because it would mean questioning his god, he prays for everything, but the only thing that happens is he gets what he works for. He then becomes depressed because god doesn't answer his prayers. I guess it would be titled "Welcome to real life" or something like that, but it needs to be made.

That happens every day. There's no need for Hollywood to rub it in Big Grin

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 3 users Like guitar_nut's post
10-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Unfortunately atheists are still a minority, and not really well known for gathering together to stroke their egos by reminding themselves of how so totally right they are, so it's unlikely that's ever be made since it probably wouldn't make much money.

I'd see it, though. Shy

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
10-11-2014, 12:15 PM
LOL that's funny. The Christians had to make a movie about winning a debate, because they lose all the real ones. Wink

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 2 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
10-11-2014, 12:21 PM
(10-11-2014 12:15 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  LOL that's funny. The Christians had to make a movie about winning a debate, because they lose all the real ones. Wink

Presumably shops stock the film in their fantasy section ...
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
10-11-2014, 12:29 PM
(10-11-2014 12:21 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 12:15 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  

Presumably shops stock the film in their fantasy section ...

Or their comedy section. Tongue

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
10-11-2014, 12:45 PM
(10-11-2014 12:06 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 12:02 PM)microterf Wrote:  After watching "God's Not Dead" and recovering from the laughing fit that followed, I was wondering if there is an equivalent atheist movie, where they show the philosophy professor trying to get the class to think critically, and the christian student refuses because it would mean questioning his god, he prays for everything, but the only thing that happens is he gets what he works for. He then becomes depressed because god doesn't answer his prayers. I guess it would be titled "Welcome to real life" or something like that, but it needs to be made.

That happens every day. There's no need for Hollywood to rub it in Big Grin
Haha! Oh, doesn't it? Big Grin

I would watch this movie probably if I needed a good laugh, but id need another atheist with good humour to do so.