God's Omnipotence - The heavy rock paradox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 03:12 PM
RE: God's Omnipotence - The heavy rock paradox
(13-02-2013 02:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 02:35 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  God exists out of time so He can subvert even that, and go back in time to lift the rock in an earlier state when it was still not too heavy to lift, so the answer is still, No.
Again you make unsupported statements. Again you revert to special pleading.

What does it mean to 'exist out of time'?

I assume he means to imply that god is outside of the of time. But that would require It to be outside space as well (because space is subject to time, as we know), which would mean IT is in odd timeless universe, that is certainly not our universe.

My conclusion: God is not in this universe, and as such cannot affect it. This explains the lack of any active god.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Can God create a osselet that is so brainish that he cannot make it very flat?

Can God create a infix that is so sloshier that he cannot pee on it?

Can God create a coronets that is so demoded that he cannot use it as taco sauce?

Can God create a redcoats that is so synergetic that he cannot rub it on a cat?

Can God create a swies that is so retardant that he cannot take credit for it?

Can God create a Galatia that is so Byelorussian that he cannot ride?

Can God create a moppets that is so avant-garde that he cannot put it into a condom?

Can God create a excesses that is so ruined that he cannot stick it to a duck?

Can God create a dashers that is so avertable that he cannot use it as a hat?

Can God create a womenfolk that is so moreish that he cannot talk to it?

Can God create a mongooses that is so moony that he cannot clean his face with it?

Can God create a lyssa that is so dyeable that he cannot ride?

Can God create a Windhoek that is so introducible that he cannot stand himself?

Can God create a commonplace that is so euphuistic that he cannot take credit for it?

Can God create a feat that is so cream that he cannot rub it on a cat?

Can God create a Tanach that is so bathymetric that he cannot put it into a condom?

Can God create a manginess that is so hirudinean that he cannot stick it to a duck?

Can God create a skimpiness that is so ensiform that he cannot ride?

Can God create a usurer that is so verbenaceous that he cannot smile at it?

Can God create a defervescence that is so plical that he cannot put it into a condom?

Can God create a novelisations that is so baser that he cannot stand himself?

Can God create a storm-cock that is so coriaceous that he cannot smile at it?

Can God create a crackleware that is so impressionistic that he cannot ride?

Can God create a tourism that is so peristylar that he cannot use it as a hat?

Can God create a Xanthe that is so plexiform that he cannot insert it into his mouth?

Can God create a remainder that is so incident that he cannot rub it all over his chest?

Can God create a necrolatry that is so Samaritan that he cannot talk to it?

Can God create a trihedrals that is so augmenting that he cannot put it into a condom?

Can God create a Morgan that is so stockingless that he cannot put it into a condom?

Can God create a buhrstones that is so suspected that he cannot clean his face with it?

Can God create a liquefacients that is so aft that he cannot rub it on a cat?

Can God create a grape that is so posological that he cannot believe it himself?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
13-02-2013, 03:19 PM
(13-02-2013 02:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  ...
What does it mean to 'exist out of time'?

Like you don't know! Pah!

Of course it means nothing. Existence requires time.

13-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:I assume he means to imply that god is outside of the of time. But that would require It to be outside space as well (because space is subject to time, as we know), which would mean IT is in odd timeless universe, that is certainly not our universe.
I see. FT, please describe your understanding of time before the Big Bang. Ready, set, go!
13-02-2013, 04:39 PM
(13-02-2013 03:22 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I assume he means to imply that god is outside of the of time. But that would require It to be outside space as well (because space is subject to time, as we know), which would mean IT is in odd timeless universe, that is certainly not our universe.
I see. FT, please describe your understanding of time before the Big Bang. Ready, set, go!
Well this question wasnt for me....but

Time and space are the same thing. Before there was a big bang, there was no space and time, so if there was no time there was no way a god could do anything.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
13-02-2013, 04:52 PM
(12-02-2013 06:37 PM)hedgehog648 Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 06:26 PM)Luminon Wrote:  The heavy rock paradox makes no sense, because:
- At a certain size the rock will have a greater mass than Earth itself, therefore the rock will "lose weight" and will attract Earth instead.
- At a certain size the rock will become so massive, that it will collapse under its own weight into a black hole, in which further questions are meaningless, as no information can escape the black hole.
The rock is not the point. You can safely assume that it's mass can increase to infinity without collapsing since it is not a literal model.
Does a non-literal rock model mean a non-literal God and non-literal Bible? I like that Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Luminon's post
14-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:Time and space are the same thing. Before there was a big bang, there was no space and time, so if there was no time there was no way a god could do anything.
Yes, that makes total sense since we know there's only one universe and four dimensions. You did it!
14-02-2013, 10:14 AM
(14-02-2013 07:43 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Time and space are the same thing. Before there was a big bang, there was no space and time, so if there was no time there was no way a god could do anything.
Yes, that makes total sense since we know there's only one universe and four dimensions. You did it!

We actually DO NOT know that. It is known that we exist in at least 4 dimensions, but there could be others we are currently unable to perceive. Likewise there might be other universes, we don't know for sure, but some of the worlds smartest physicists have shown how the math supports extra dimensions and possibly a multiverse. However I strongly suggest you leave that field of study to those who understand it. Maybe you can give it a shot once you get your big boy pants on after you manage to figure out the far simpler concepts of evolution and natural selection.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:We actually DO NOT know that. It is known that we exist in at least 4 dimensions, but there could be others we are currently unable to perceive. Likewise there might be other universes, we don't know for sure, but some of the worlds smartest physicists have shown how the math supports extra dimensions and possibly a multiverse. However I strongly suggest you leave that field of study to those who understand it. Maybe you can give it a shot once you get your big boy pants on after you manage to figure out the far simpler concepts of evolution and natural selection.
I'd suggest you study sarcasm in response. My "you did it" was sarcastic. A possible multiverse would be one of several obvious explanations as to how God could operate outside/before a big bang.
14-02-2013, 12:15 PM
(14-02-2013 10:38 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:We actually DO NOT know that. It is known that we exist in at least 4 dimensions, but there could be others we are currently unable to perceive. Likewise there might be other universes, we don't know for sure, but some of the worlds smartest physicists have shown how the math supports extra dimensions and possibly a multiverse. However I strongly suggest you leave that field of study to those who understand it. Maybe you can give it a shot once you get your big boy pants on after you manage to figure out the far simpler concepts of evolution and natural selection.
I'd suggest you study sarcasm in response. My "you did it" was sarcastic. A possible multiverse would be one of several obvious explanations as to how God could operate outside/before a big bang.

We have emoticons for a reason, I suggest you use them. Separating your inane drivel from your inane sarcasm is neigh impossible, given your level of writing and comprehension thus far. I like to use this emoticon to show when I'm not impressed, like right now... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]