God's Omnipotence - The heavy rock paradox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2013, 03:45 PM
RE: God's Omnipotence - The heavy rock paradox
fdaffgsd

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:1.What did the first animal to live on the land eat?
]

If were talking about a land based animalsl, more then likely hunted on the shore for food, obviously. Plus vegetation on the land. 2. What other animal did it mate with to produce progeny to continue to live on the land Evolution doesnt work through individuals, it works through populations. So there would be more then one.
As in the diagram, of course, I know. So they were, say, nibbling algae growing on coral and then they ate... what on the land. And their first generation eggs survived on the land because of ... what.
15-02-2013, 03:57 PM
(15-02-2013 03:53 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
]

If were talking about a land based animalsl, more then likely hunted on the shore for food, obviously. Plus vegetation on the land. 2. What other animal did it mate with to produce progeny to continue to live on the land Evolution doesnt work through individuals, it works through populations. So there would be more then one.
As in the diagram, of course, I know. So they were, say, nibbling algae growing on coral and then they ate... what on the land. And their first generation eggs survived on the land because of ... what.

Please read some science books. You will get more complete answers to your questions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-02-2013, 03:59 PM
]

Plants on the land, moving from algae to more complex plants.

Eggs survived because of the hardening of the shells.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
15-02-2013, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2013 04:13 PM by StorMFront.)
]

Im not following your questions...what on the land? you want a name of the creatures? Read what the fstratzero said.

Eggs survived on the land because of...some creatures evolved harder shells, some evolved the ability to carry eggs to term in their bodies...

Those are some vague questions.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
15-02-2013, 04:05 PM
I have this strange feel we will move to abiogenesis soon.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
15-02-2013, 04:08 PM
(15-02-2013 04:05 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I have this strange feel we will move to abiogenesis soon.
Yes

15-02-2013, 04:22 PM
(15-02-2013 02:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  "Scientists who do not know how this evolved" yielded about 285 Million results on Google. You can just start with punctuated equilibrium and its kin, which is gobbledy-gook for "How did all those forms get into the fossil record so quickly and without any transitory forms appearing? We don't know!"

If you like, let's play a game. I'll start. I'll ask what, and you'll tell me the answer, since I don't know. Watch as the fun ensues.

What did the first animal to live on the land eat? What other animal did it mate with to produce progeny to continue to live on the land? For a special skeptic's double bonus, then tell me how your theory has been tested, since "all in evolution is tested and not theory."

ROFL.

PS. "You schmuck, you don't understand evolution!" is not an answer to my questions.
If you're truly interested in learning about the theory of evolution, I'd suggest you to read a book about it. I'm currently reading Jerry Allen Coyne's (biology professor at the University of Chicago) work "Why Evolution Is True". You can read the .pdf version of it here.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
15-02-2013, 05:01 PM
(15-02-2013 02:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Nothings been supposed in evolution theory, its all been tested, so how is it syllogism?

"Scientists who do not know how this evolved" yielded about 285 Million results on Google. You can just start with punctuated equilibrium and its kin, which is gobbledy-gook for "How did all those forms get into the fossil record so quickly and without any transitory forms appearing? We don't know!"

If you like, let's play a game. I'll start. I'll ask what, and you'll tell me the answer, since I don't know. Watch as the fun ensues.

What did the first animal to live on the land eat? What other animal did it mate with to produce progeny to continue to live on the land? For a special skeptic's double bonus, then tell me how your theory has been tested, since "all in evolution is tested and not theory."

ROFL.

PS. "You schmuck, you don't understand evolution!" is not an answer to my questions.

What did the first animal to live on the land eat?

They more than likely ate plants and or land animals, maybe both. Make no mistake, there were likely many species running around. Not complex at all, they were likely bacteria and very basal insects on the ground, not to mention the odd little creatures of the sea, also roaming around that period.

What other animal did it mate with to produce progeny to continue to live on the land?

Species don't develop by the individual, there were multiple individuals within the species, as such there would have been plenty for the aforementioned basal bugs and things to mate with. Within their own species too!

For a special skeptic's double bonus, then tell me how your theory has been tested, since "all in evolution is tested and not theory."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...ion_2.html

Lizards evolved to suit new habitat.... After wiping out the indigenous population...

http://biomed.brown.edu/Courses/BIO48/23.Cases.HTML

That's a nice bunch of examples.

the Peppered Moths are a great example of evolution by natural selection due to enforced environmental changes.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary...speciation

The Central European Blackcap and Galapagos Finches are certainly interesting cases of speciation.
(Thanks to Richard<->Fstratzero for link and example aid.)
________________________________________________________________________________​____________________________________
And to help in your understanding of evolution and the fossil record, I hope these might come in handy.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01

http://www.agiweb.org/news/evolution/index.html

Oh one more thing, regarding:
Quote:"all in evolution is tested and not theory."
Evolution IS a theory. In the scientific context, a theory:
Quote: A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing.

I just figured I ought to show you that it is a theory because its hypotheses have been tested and confirmed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Quote:Eggs survived on the land because of...some creatures evolved harder shells, some evolved the ability to carry eggs to term in their bodies...
What tells you that their eggs evolved harder shells and/or that they could carry to term in their bodies and give a birth out of water at the same time they moved onto the land.[/quote]
Why not compare Evolution to an astronaut who evolves the ability to travel to the moon at the same time as he develops a spacesuit at the same time he develops temperature control at the same time he... remember, not NASA, mutations, selection, adaptation, etc.
Evolution is what you wish it to be, a magic sky fairy to go poof and "create". Oops, I said it...