God's Omnipotence - The heavy rock paradox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: God's Omnipotence - The heavy rock paradox
(19-02-2013 09:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are obviously a Croationist.

And you're officially on a rampunage Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2013, 10:11 AM
(19-02-2013 07:34 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:The point you try to make in your case, an argument against the land transition, is so terribly flawed that it borderlines on fractal stupidity. I take it that you're trying to argue that evolution claims a whole species magically jumped from water to land in 1 generation, and that would be both absurd and implausible. Guess what dumbass? EVOLUTIONARY THEORY AGREES WITH YOU! That WOULD be implausible, and the evidence does not support it. What it does support is a very long and gradual change from fish, to lobed finned fish, to lung fish, to early pre-tetrapods like Tiktaalik. Only in religious creation stories do we see support for the idea of entire populations of creatures 'poofed' magically into existence, perfectly adapted for their environments.
It could take 10 million years just as simply--I'm well aware that Evo agrees with me because it's all baloney and Evo has to backfill--because the alternative is too horrible to contemplate, right? Moral accountability for everyone including scientists.
The eggs have to harden, the ambient temperature and pressures have to be adjusted for, the lack of predators has to be accounted for--only one land animal? Should have overrun the planet, etc., etc., etc., etc.
There are two issues here, though:
1. Evolution is a moot point for me. A saved Christian can believe in Evolution or Creation.
2. You want to debate with me but you're unqualified since you next to nothing about the logical alternative. I'm qualified to discuss Creation from a variety of philosophical and religious perspectives. And I understand the endless loopholes and backfill of Evolution as well.
Winning!
You would actually be pretty close here if you weren't jumping gaps in being too lazy or reluctant to gather the information that's been studied and explained. Yes the land animals did take over the planet, etc. etc.... by their constant groups of patterns in variations evolving.

BTW-Evoltion being wrong, doesn't equal moral accountability. A deity/God existing doesn't equal moral accountability. Various Religions don't require moral accountability including many forms of Christianity, because if you can be absolved any sin but blaspheming. or everything is already predestined, there is no moral accountability.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
19-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:How do you expect anyone to have any kind of conversation with you after this? You just said you will not accept any of our evidence, theories or philosophy even about evolution, you will only discuss Creation and things about Creation. OK... How? How can the two of us now talk about why are we for/against Creation, if we can not talk about the alternative?
And y'all say I don't read your posts. Try to read mine again... my point is don't waste your time trying to "teach" me Evolution since for Christians, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that there are Christians who believe Creation and others who believe Evolution. Whereas ALL Atheists believe in Evolution because the mind is closed to any possible alternatives... mwah hahhahah....
19-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Sooooo... I write all that, I start "the debate" you wanted, and this is your reply? OK.

Phew, OK folks, nothing to see here, move along, it's just another troll, and just when I thought we'd have a Creationist in our hands. I'm sorry.

Evil_monster

Enjoy.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
19-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:… wasn't an admission of your more than apparent abject ignorance… a load of tripe… the outcome being that you will remain as sad and ignorant as before because you don't care enough to actually learn….so terribly flawed that it borderlines on fractal stupidity… I imagine that you didn't list your source because you're either too stupid to remember to…. Instead you string along this parade of bullshit to hide your retreat. Your creation story is not just improbable, as described, it is fucking impossible… creationism is still bollocks. …Even if tomorrow there was a huge discovery and a mountain of evidence to support a new theory that superseded evolution, creationism would STILL be BOLLOCKS.

Respond to "all of what you wrote" what? All the above were ad homs to wade through first. And the greatest admission you made of why you're wasting my time to bother to reply...?

Quote:Even if tomorrow there was a huge discovery and a mountain of evidence to support a new theory that superseded evolution, creationism would STILL be BOLLOCKS.

Nice. News flash. 1. Creation. 2. Evolution. 3. Space seed - which is still ID.

What else is there? C'mon, WHAT ELSE IS THERE? If a new theory superseded Evolution... go ahead. Make one up now, anyone here on this forum.
CLOSED**MINDED, are you, Yoda say.

... I do understand Evolution. I'm tired from reading 16-page theories as to how plants put out oxygen for a billion years in the absence of animals to breathe it in and put out carbon dioxide. I'm tired of hearing from secular scientists how the absence or addition of a few species would upset the balance of all life on Earth and then hear how Kingdom Animalia wasn't here for a billion years with all its species.

Let me rephrase what y'all say about me and Evolution. "C'mon, PJ, if you really put your nose to the grindstone, if you study for a few years and get a real education, you'll get a clear understanding of all the Evolutionary theories--plural--to backfill all the issues, all the missing links, all the lack of evidence. Sad." EVERY person I've EVER heard debate Evolution and take the losing side of Evolution ALWAYS says there is much study involved to even begin to understand how the many complex elements work together--so that holes in the fossil record and sudden, dramatic changes to the fossil and geologic records can be backfilled.
19-02-2013, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2013 03:33 PM by Vosur.)
(19-02-2013 03:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ... I do understand Evolution.
Everything you've said so far indicates that you have little to no understanding of the theory of evolution. If you think you understand it, feel free to demonstrate it.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
19-02-2013, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2013 03:33 PM by Vosur.)
(19-02-2013 02:06 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Whereas ALL Atheists believe in Evolution because the mind is closed to any possible alternatives... mwah hahhahah....
Please substantiate this generalization.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
19-02-2013, 05:24 PM
(19-02-2013 03:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ... I do understand Evolution. I'm tired from reading 16-page theories as to how plants put out oxygen for a billion years in the absence of animals to breathe it in and put out carbon dioxide...

No, you don't. Do you understand that when life was starting and evolving, that there was no free oxygen in the atmosphere? None. Plants evolved in that environment. Oxygen is a waste product of photosynthesis.

You have a simplistic, incomplete understanding of biology. Go learn some science, you are alarmingly ignorant.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-02-2013, 05:54 PM
(19-02-2013 05:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-02-2013 03:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ... I do understand Evolution. I'm tired from reading 16-page theories as to how plants put out oxygen for a billion years in the absence of animals to breathe it in and put out carbon dioxide...

No, you don't. Do you understand that when life was starting and evolving, that there was no free oxygen in the atmosphere? None. Plants evolved in that environment. Oxygen is a waste product of photosynthesis.

You have a simplistic, incomplete understanding of biology. Go learn some science, you are alarmingly ignorant.
I don't think he is ignorant in questioning "assumed evolved intelligence" and its off shoots.

I see ignorance in being ultra dogmatic over all information that is in no way absolute and simply accruing in the time ahead of us. Confused
19-02-2013, 05:59 PM
(19-02-2013 05:54 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(19-02-2013 05:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, you don't. Do you understand that when life was starting and evolving, that there was no free oxygen in the atmosphere? None. Plants evolved in that environment. Oxygen is a waste product of photosynthesis.

I don't think he is ignorant in questioning "assumed evolved intelligence" and its off shoots.

I see ignorance in being ultra dogmatic over all information that is in no way absolute and simply accruing in the time ahead of us. Confused

I don't understand your comment. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user