God's (One of Many) Blind Spot(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2012, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 01:06 AM by fstratzero.)
RE: God's (One of Many) Blind Spot(s)
(23-10-2012 12:51 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 12:47 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/71/6/720.abstract
http://rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/c...3.abstract
http://www.jaapl.org/content/38/3/318.abstract

Explain the logic underlying that conclusion in your own words without me having to wade through the superhighway's library of congress sized heaping pile of bovine excrement?

Your "superhighway's library of congress sized heaping pile of bovine excrement" are peer reviewed, cited papers on the study of murders brains.

Shows clear dysfunctions in the areas of the brain that regulate emotions, impulse control, and regulatory circuits, that lead to the murderers inability to control their rage.

If god created these people in such away that they cannot control their anger, then he is responsible.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Isn't it God who created these men? Isn't God all knowing so once he created these men he knew full well they would commit atrocities? Did God know that he would create a child so it would starve to death? That he would himself slaughter a child in the womb but of course some modern theist say its horrid to abort but God has done so plenty of times with miscarriages and diseases. Is God not perfect? I'm glad you were once an atheist though and at least had the thoughts of questioning just respect that I believe nothing is too sacred to question.

And also, after you are losing an argument it does not make oneself look any more intelligent using idiotic terms even when you use big words. It seems no theist can answer me when I question if God is all knowing. If He is, He obviously is an idiot. If he isn't, He has obviously as much blame for the faults in his creation. We are just doing what God programmed us to do and if that means God wants a dictator like Kim Jong Il, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin or any other despot he is free to do so full knowing the consequences of his actions and to the fellow humans of this earth.

I just want you to watch the video but of course I can't force you or your opinions and I don't wish too. Anyone can believe in fairy tales but I believe when they endanger our species or harm our youth it is a very dangerous weapon we must keep an eye on. I believe any blind belief can lead to horrific evils.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
23-10-2012, 01:09 AM
(23-10-2012 12:59 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  Your "superhighway's library of congress sized heaping pile of bovine excrement" are peer reviewed, cited papers on the study of murders brains.

Shows clear dysfunctions in the areas of the brain that regulate emotions, impulse control, and regulatory circuits.

If god created these people in such away that they cannot control their anger, then he is responsible.

God created Adam and Eve. He told them to fill and subdue the Earth. They rejected him, which resulted in the sort of thing you are talking about. He didn't create certain people to be murderers. Those people are only some who share the same dysfunctions as others who are not murderers. They are responsible, most likely.

We were talking about Jesus and Adam. Jesus could have sinned just as Adam had. He demonstrated that it wasn't necessary.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-10-2012, 01:10 AM
(22-10-2012 10:16 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Be careful on the tour. Don't get yourself shot or arrested.

Also, don't worry even though Kim Jong Un holds the nation with a totalitarian grip I believe its much more forgiving than God. At least the worst with Kim is starving to death or prison camps while God may kill my first born, slaughter any women who aren't virgins, stone children, set people to burn for eternity, disease, flooding the entire planet or whatever else he wants to screw with at the time because of course God is perfect and God is just. Just like Kim Jong Un and Kim Jong Il.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
23-10-2012, 01:14 AM
(23-10-2012 01:09 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 12:59 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  Your "superhighway's library of congress sized heaping pile of bovine excrement" are peer reviewed, cited papers on the study of murders brains.

Shows clear dysfunctions in the areas of the brain that regulate emotions, impulse control, and regulatory circuits.

God created Adam and Eve. He told them to fill and subdue the Earth. They rejected him, which resulted in the sort of thing you are talking about. He didn't create certain people to be murderers. Those people are only some who share the same dysfunctions as others who are not murderers. They are responsible, most likely.

We were talking about Jesus and Adam. Jesus could have sinned just as Adam had. He demonstrated that it wasn't necessary.

What?

You do realize adam and eve never existed?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
23-10-2012, 01:14 AM
(23-10-2012 01:09 AM)The Theist Wrote:  God created Adam and Eve.
No, he actually didn't. Read up on the theory of evolution. You wanted me to demonstrate that Hovind was wrong, now look at the evidence.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
23-10-2012, 03:54 AM
I can't help thinking that is a major derail from the OP.

Thanks, Shiruba.

N.Korea is not far from my doorstep. Do you know how things might be changing with that dashing new boy in charge?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
23-10-2012, 04:48 AM
(23-10-2012 01:14 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  What?

You do realize adam and eve never existed?

The most reliable history ever produced by mankind says that Adam existed, what evidence do you have that he didn't that isn't speculative conjecture?
23-10-2012, 04:49 AM
(23-10-2012 01:14 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 01:09 AM)The Theist Wrote:  God created Adam and Eve.
No, he actually didn't. Read up on the theory of evolution. You wanted me to demonstrate that Hovind was wrong, now look at the evidence.

I've looked at your post in the creation forum and await your further examination.
23-10-2012, 04:50 AM
(23-10-2012 03:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I can't help thinking that is a major derail from the OP.

I don't think so at all.