God's (One of Many) Blind Spot(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2012, 04:53 AM
RE: God's (One of Many) Blind Spot(s)
(23-10-2012 01:03 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  Isn't it God who created these men? Isn't God all knowing so once he created these men he knew full well they would commit atrocities? Did God know that he would create a child so it would starve to death? That he would himself slaughter a child in the womb but of course some modern theist say its horrid to abort but God has done so plenty of times with miscarriages and diseases. Is God not perfect? I'm glad you were once an atheist though and at least had the thoughts of questioning just respect that I believe nothing is too sacred to question.

And also, after you are losing an argument it does not make oneself look any more intelligent using idiotic terms even when you use big words. It seems no theist can answer me when I question if God is all knowing. If He is, He obviously is an idiot. If he isn't, He has obviously as much blame for the faults in his creation. We are just doing what God programmed us to do and if that means God wants a dictator like Kim Jong Il, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin or any other despot he is free to do so full knowing the consequences of his actions and to the fellow humans of this earth.

I just want you to watch the video but of course I can't force you or your opinions and I don't wish too. Anyone can believe in fairy tales but I believe when they endanger our species or harm our youth it is a very dangerous weapon we must keep an eye on. I believe any blind belief can lead to horrific evils.

I really liked that video and am going to search Youtube for the complete video. As to your question, no. God isn't all knowing in that he knew Adam and Eve would sin resulting in our current state. He did know it was possible, but it must be kept in mind that the angels were created with freewill probably millions of years before man and none of their myriads sinned before the angel known as Satan was in the garden to protect them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2012, 05:13 AM
(23-10-2012 04:53 AM)The Theist Wrote:  I really liked that video and am going to search Youtube for the complete video.
It's a great movie. Here you go:

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
23-10-2012, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 05:24 AM by fstratzero.)
(23-10-2012 04:48 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 01:14 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  What?

You do realize adam and eve never existed?

The most reliable history ever produced by mankind says that Adam existed, what evidence do you have that he didn't that isn't speculative conjecture?

[Image: S182_10_003i.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
23-10-2012, 05:22 AM
(23-10-2012 04:49 AM)The Theist Wrote:  I've looked at your post in the creation forum and await your further examination.
What are you talking about? I linked you to an archive containing dozens of creationist claims and their respective refutation. I summarized Hovind's claims for you, so you can look them up in the archive.

23-10-2012, 05:24 AM
(23-10-2012 04:53 AM)The Theist Wrote:  [...] but it must be kept in mind that the angels were created with freewill probably millions of years before man and none of their myriads sinned before the angel known as Satan was in the garden to protect them.
Suddenly you're not on Hovind's side anymore and believe that the Universe is older than 6000 years? Talking about consistency... Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
23-10-2012, 10:00 AM
(22-10-2012 11:15 PM)The Theist Wrote:  You do know what the Bible says about how Jehovah created man, how man rejected him, how God allowed man to test his sovereignty out of fairness, what that would result in, as promised beforehand, and what the solution to that is?

Man's destructive nature isn't God's fault, it is mans. Even if there was no Jehovah God who created man to live forever in peace, we could still do a great deal better than we have so far.

So silly. So wrong. So deluded. So sad, really.

God created man's destructive nature. God created us to reject him. God knew when he said "Let there be light" exactly who and what we are, what our nature is, and what we would do with it. He put that stupid tree in the garden knowing Adam and Eve would break the rule, get kicked out, etc., and knowing, way back in the beginning, that he would send his son to save us from sins that God created for us - as if somehow letting us torture and kill Jesus makes us less sinful.

If anything, Jesus was our scapegoat for all the stupid crap God had done to us and was God's way of saying "here, beat up my kid because I'm a dickhead and I deserve your abuse and scorn and loathing".

But God knew every bit of it before Genesis 1:1 ever happened, so it's all still God's fault for creating us this way and creating the universe and its rules (good, evil, sin, punishment, salvation, etc.) the way he chose to create it.

It's all God's fault.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
23-10-2012, 11:21 AM
(23-10-2012 04:48 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 01:14 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  What?

You do realize adam and eve never existed?

The most reliable history ever produced by mankind says that Adam existed, what evidence do you have that he didn't that isn't speculative conjecture?

When you say "most reliable" (consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted; free of failure) are you referring to the fossil record or the DNA record?

I assume you are referring to mitochondrial Adam. Of course there had to be one of those, no one is contradicting you.

23-10-2012, 12:15 PM
(23-10-2012 11:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 04:48 AM)The Theist Wrote:  The most reliable history ever produced by mankind says that Adam existed, what evidence do you have that he didn't that isn't speculative conjecture?

When you say "most reliable" (consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted; free of failure) are you referring to the fossil record or the DNA record?

I assume you are referring to mitochondrial Adam. Of course there had to be one of those, no one is contradicting you.

Wouldn't that be a mitochondrial Eve? She got around you know, mitochondrial Adam wasn't her one-and-only.

(OK, joking aside, mitochondria reproduce by fission so they were neither Adam nor Eve, so maybe we should name them "mitochondrial Andy", short for androgynous.)

(On another side note, at a level slightly more elaborate than mitochondria, we really do trace our DNA to one Eve but not to one Adam.)

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
23-10-2012, 12:19 PM
(23-10-2012 10:00 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 11:15 PM)The Theist Wrote:  You do know what the Bible says about how Jehovah created man, how man rejected him, how God allowed man to test his sovereignty out of fairness, what that would result in, as promised beforehand, and what the solution to that is?

Man's destructive nature isn't God's fault, it is mans. Even if there was no Jehovah God who created man to live forever in peace, we could still do a great deal better than we have so far.

So silly. So wrong. So deluded. So sad, really.

God created man's destructive nature. God created us to reject him. God knew when he said "Let there be light" exactly who and what we are, what our nature is, and what we would do with it. He put that stupid tree in the garden knowing Adam and Eve would break the rule, get kicked out, etc., and knowing, way back in the beginning, that he would send his son to save us from sins that God created for us - as if somehow letting us torture and kill Jesus makes us less sinful.

If anything, Jesus was our scapegoat for all the stupid crap God had done to us and was God's way of saying "here, beat up my kid because I'm a dickhead and I deserve your abuse and scorn and loathing".

But God knew every bit of it before Genesis 1:1 ever happened, so it's all still God's fault for creating us this way and creating the universe and its rules (good, evil, sin, punishment, salvation, etc.) the way he chose to create it.

It's all God's fault.

Or would be, if there were a God.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-10-2012, 12:24 PM
(23-10-2012 12:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 10:00 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  So silly. So wrong. So deluded. So sad, really.

It's all God's fault.

Or would be, if there were a God.

Hush you! I was arguing with a theist (his name says it all), so I argued from his presuppositions - anything else might be sensory overload for the poor guy.