God's PR Machine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2012, 08:14 AM
God's PR Machine
http://pastors.com/is-god-still-merciful...om-aurora/

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet. In light of unspeakable evil, believers have to rationalize how their all-powerful god can coexist with the real world. A woman and her kids survived the shooting. That alone should be the good news. However, her post makes me sad. To sum it up, she states that she feels closer to her god because he is "comforting her" during this horrible time.

How kind of him.

And my favorite quote: "Yes, there was one evil act, but it is being covered by thousands, possibly millions of acts of kindness."

It's like an abusive relationship. I can promise you that had nobody been killed, they'd all be thanking god for his miraculous intervention. It must be nice to be god. People do bad, it's our fault for being imperfect sinners. After all, we were "given" free will. People do good, it's by the grace of god.

When I read through the list of victims and the lives they left behind, it makes me tear up. The absolute senseless loss of life only strengthens my believe that there is no god watching over us.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2012, 09:44 AM
RE: God's PR Machine
(25-07-2012 08:14 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  http://pastors.com/is-god-still-merciful...om-aurora/

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet. In light of unspeakable evil, believers have to rationalize how their all-powerful god can coexist with the real world. A woman and her kids survived the shooting. That alone should be the good news. However, her post makes me sad. To sum it up, she states that she feels closer to her god because he is "comforting her" during this horrible time.

How kind of him.

And my favorite quote: "Yes, there was one evil act, but it is being covered by thousands, possibly millions of acts of kindness."

It's like an abusive relationship. I can promise you that had nobody been killed, they'd all be thanking god for his miraculous intervention. It must be nice to be god. People do bad, it's our fault for being imperfect sinners. After all, we were "given" free will. People do good, it's by the grace of god.

When I read through the list of victims and the lives they left behind, it makes me tear up. The absolute senseless loss of life only strengthens my believe that there is no god watching over us.

To be completely fair and objective, this "absolute senseless loss of life" is no way empirical evidence for or against the existence of a god or gods.

It just means that if there is an anthropomorphic personal god he/she/it is a sadistic asshole.

But then again, there are plenty of logical and empirical details that refute the existence of such a god.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply