God's Top 3 atrocities

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2013, 02:16 PM
RE: God's Top 3 atrocities
The greatest atrocity? Creating followers that feel the need to convert, belittle, condemn, and harass those who aren't followers.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
19-09-2013, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2013 10:45 PM by Atheist_pilgrim.)
(19-09-2013 01:38 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 02:35 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  Standing against your fucked-up belief system, for one thing...Drinking Beverage

Personally, my belief system motivates me presently to support several families in Africa and Asia so their kids can attend school instead of working in the fields and, you know, alleviate suffering. So anti-me isn't helping, and is, of course, your copout to deny that you help others besides complaining.

Well, ain't you holier than a box of communion wafers...I'd give you a "Humble" pin, but I'm afraid that you'd wear it.

Can't help but believe that your major motivation for what you do is fear. Fear of hell, fear of God, fear of "discipline", fear of looking bad in the eyes of your Xian peers, fear of displeasing your pastor, and fear of missing out on eternal rewards in Heaven. Awesome.

As for me? When I do decent things, it's to alleviate pain, help others (and myself) feel good, and to make this world a slightly better place. No fear of any kind and no invisible beings to worry about - that's good enough for me!
[+] 3 users Like Atheist_pilgrim's post
20-09-2013, 06:15 AM
I'll substitute God for the Christian family of religions as a whole here, I think.
1. Promising eternal torture or eternal joy based on a gullibility test. You believe obviously false things? You're in. You disbelieve, you suffer.
2. Excusing and condoning genocide, be it biblical flood or death by the sword. Taking of rape slaves as the spoils of war and as part of regular business transactions. Divine command theory solves every moral problem. Even forced miscarriage is OK!
3. End times thinking. The worse the world is the closer we are to rapture. Don't fix it. Let it crumble. Burn all the coal. Wars and rumors of wars? We're all for it! Plagues and famine aren't a problem God created or evidence against god under the problem of evil dilemma. They're acts of God's great love for all of human kind.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
21-09-2013, 08:12 AM
It's not easy to pin down three since it's such a long list, but I'll try.

1. Hell. Eternal torture for a finite "sin". That's pretty messed up.
2. Genocide, the slaughter of children, punishing people different by killing them (stoning gay people and women for example)
3. Instructing parents to hit their kids.

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
21-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Null set.

No god, no atrocities.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-09-2013, 09:32 AM
(21-09-2013 09:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  Null set.

No god, no atrocities.

Well fuck, then who do I get to blame for absols? Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
21-09-2013, 09:39 AM
(21-09-2013 09:32 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 09:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  Null set.

No god, no atrocities.

Well fuck, then who do I get to blame for absols? Drinking Beverage

Who ever programed the gibberish translator she is using.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-09-2013, 08:38 PM
The Ice Capades. No. Contest.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
22-09-2013, 12:57 AM
(18-09-2013 10:29 AM)absols Wrote:  torturing real beings for truth humiliations before powers life, so beings bc real would b in atroce states while being scared is essentially of right pride, right existence is free individual value

reversing the order of existence for pleasure, sharing powers with shit freedom that he creates finites as becoming worse more while meaning to force them as subjects to stick to values forced down treating them as shit, existence is only bearable as constancy condition of being for the perspectives of free superiority, when true superiority do not exist or seen forced down, for shit up, existence is unbearable hell and that please god a lot, so he is sure that he can do nothing and shit, bc superior moves wont b from such negative states in depth

all crimes against women as a whole gender, humiliating its true value n freedom right while it is a self so free for sure, make it sexual object by force, so any male can rape it for free and even many males can rape any woman together for god it is normal, and very pleasurable thing

What the hell?, Did you suddenly become an anti-theist absols?

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)