God's bathtub discovered. (article/video)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Video God's bathtub discovered. (article/video)
Some scientists are claiming they have discovered a lake in Australia which has been completely unaffected by climate change. They have dubbed the lake "God's Bathtub". I am unsure how they could really know climate change's effects on the lake, but here you go.

Huffington Post article.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: God's bathtub discovered. (article/video)
"It appears that Blue Lake has been an important climate 'refuge' for the freshwater biota of the region, and is in the same condition now as it was 7,500 years ago," Barr said in a statement. "With appropriate management, the lake could continue relatively unchanged for hundreds, possibly thousands of years to come."

um...if the lake has been perfect all these years without us messing with it....why start 'managing' it now? maybe the fact that we haven't 'managed' it is the reason why its so nice.

this article makes my 'skeptic' alarm go off.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
13-06-2013, 01:23 PM
RE: God's bathtub discovered. (article/video)
While I think it is a fascinating find that should be carefully studied, the name dubbed for this find is not a welcome one. Where nature has provided us with a pristine example of our environment we already have people throwing the name of God or any god on it undermines the significance of science and nature IMO.