God's character mock up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2011, 01:50 PM
God's character mock up
I've always wanted a real mock-up of god's character from the bible. I mean really read the bible and analyze the character that is god as though is was the Odyssey or Beowulf. Setting aside all scientific knowledge, and reading it as a fiction book. If you step back and do so with objectivity, you get an interesting fellow.

I started with Genesis. God makes the universe bit by bit, piece by piece, and sees that something was good only after he made it. He created the universe with trail and error and seemingly off the top of his head. God is not good at planning ahead, and with omnipotence, there is no excuse for that.

Something like that, seeing what he does and finding out what trait that is. I find it entertaining on a slow day. Feel free to read a passage from the bible and add to the personality mock up. And then laugh/cry at the thought that people believe this guy is real.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2011, 04:03 PM
RE: God's character mock up
He's a sado-masochist. He creates mankind although he knows that it will become sinful, then sends himself (or 1/3 of himself) to earth to suffer and die, and he knew that it was going to happen and probably even planned it.
+ He's having some problems in forgiving others.

But a full-scan of him might be fun. I'll join the project!

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
23-01-2011, 05:23 PM
God is an ass ... enough said.
23-01-2011, 07:47 PM
God needs bloodshed before he can forgive, even if it means his own son has to die to satisfy his bloodlust.

God goes into rages and would rather destroy everything around than to take the time to punish only those that are guilty. (See Noah's flood, Sodam and Gamorah. the Battle of Jericho etc.)

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
24-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Let's take it one step further - say that sado-masochistic asshole god really did exist; who on earth would try their best to spend an eternity with that ass? I mean it as a semi-serious, semi-rhetorical question.

And Ashley - it's an interesting point you raise, the other one is to look at how god has changed over time, which I always find amusing since god is perfect and unchangeable, but he goes from being an jealous ass to a god of love over the centuries...oh wait, that's right, because man invented god... Idea

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user