God's crazy plan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2012, 07:17 PM
God's crazy plan
I don't know if it's the way we've been trained to like stories or maybe it's just natural that we appreciate complex plots in the books we read, the stories we tell and the movies we make.
People are seemingly ok if nearly an entire bus load of people are blown up for no reason and a sole survivor is a small child that grows up to be a doctor who in turns saves just as many lives as were lost on that bus.
People like this story because it gives them hope that no matter what happens, something will live on and not only survive, but thrive to live a great life.
They don't mind that all of these other people died. They don't know them. They aren't close family or friends, so who cares if they died or not. They instead focus their attention on the survivor and what that person has done with their life.

The crazier the story, the more they like it because they see it as something rare and unique, as if only a writer could come up with something like that. Ah yes, god, the creative writer of peoples lives. Don't worry about all that death, murder and rape.
"Well without that bus explosion, that small child may have never become a doctor. His misery and hardship growing up without his parents fueled him to make something of himself, you know, like Batman."

^ Really ? Is that what you really think your god is doing. Writing horror stories by the millions so that a few individuals not broken by despair can rise up and become something that other people do every day.
Lots of people grow up and become doctors who are from very nice families without any real tragedy in their lives. They went to school for years. Fell in love, got married and raised a family, but you really like the bus explosion story better don't you.

God's plan - It's so unbelievably crazy, it just might work.
"Ok we're going to need someone to spread a virus planet wide, kill off half the population and then in the ashes of weakened civilizations, groups will rise up and begin to live life as I intended"

^ As intended ? You mean in constant fear of death like ants who scurry about at the whims of a child like god with a magnifying glass giggling manically.

I'll pass on all that

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2012, 10:43 AM
RE: God's crazy plan
I'm assuming your quotes are from some article or video you viewed. Sounds like you're venting here and that's fine. Your 2nd paragraph sums up your answer though. People like hope. The easiest way to create hope is to create a tragedy from which the hope will emerge. Such as when the 20 or 30-something survivors from the rubble of the WTC towers emerged. People praised god for their survival and some felt that it minimized the loss of those less fortunate. Some people have nothing to live for but that hope of eternal life, and that's why there is no sense in debating with those people, because they do not understand the concept of life without God. But I understand what you are getting at and your frustation. Part of our society at the moment.

And yet another interesting topic I am not interested in.
13-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Similar situation....my mother forwarded me an email days after the intense earthquake and the tsunami outcome in Japan in 2011, forwarding the idolized morality of how it was laying the foundation for god’s wrath on the world before the second coming, not giving any acknowledgment of pity to the 15,867 innocent lives lost in such an incredible natural disaster; months later she lost a coworker and friend who led a life designed through smoking and alcohol dependency and expected nothing less than acknowledgment and pity. The quarrel of these hypocrisies require no morality that is on par with their own features, a single dead friend is indeed a greater heft to carry than 15,867 strangers on foreign soil, but this does not justify the manipulation of either of them. Religion’s gratifying authority over the human race, and its never ending advertisement of superiority over the non-believers has outlined opportunity over declarations of accidental and natural occurrences. The 9/11 attacks was a crazy plan, but still insistence is granted by some Christian influences that it was god's hand, little does anyone recognize that free will exists in between, and still it takes the will of one to ponder inside their own brains to design the outcome of such a plan, and furthermore it takes the will of the attacker to see such a plan through. Credit god all you like with planning it, but credit is due to the human form that brings it success regardless.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
13-08-2012, 01:33 PM
yeah and it probably will be for the rest of my days unless we can somehow stop entropy in our bodies. Just pass on rational thinking to the kids so they wont have to deal with this one day