God's nonsensical test

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2014, 12:26 PM
God's nonsensical test
Regarding free will, I frequently get the defense that we have to be allowed to be good or evil here so that God can know if we love him. This is the justification for why we're allowed to kill, rape, and steal from each other, despite God being good and otherwise capable of stopping the problem. It's basically a test of sorts. I just thought about something today on this topic:

Why doesn't God take that place himself? Why not let humans murder, rape, and steal from him instead of each other?

It seems like it'd be a more reliable test to see if we love him. Also, before someone says "He already did that with Jesus.", Jesus was resurrected three days later and has spent most of the rest of his time in heaven (which is awesome, I hear). Also, if God can read our minds, you think he'd be able to figure out which of us were really his friends that way rather than handing us a bunch of knives and watching the resulting blood bath. I hate the free will defense.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
11-04-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: God's nonsensical test
Free will + pre-ordained plan = ?

I'm always thunderstruck by the incongruity of the two non-overlapping premises.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
11-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Yeah, the whole idea of God testing us always bothered me too. He's God. He knows everything. What could he possibly learn from such a test? It's stupid.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
11-04-2014, 12:58 PM
(11-04-2014 12:54 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Yeah, the whole idea of God testing us always bothered me too. He's God. He knows everything. What could he possibly learn from such a test? It's stupid.

And at any rate, the only thing it would be testing is its own failure to create its play toys to its own design specifications.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 4 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
11-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Yes true. See my signature. Tongue

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
11-04-2014, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2014 02:47 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(11-04-2014 12:26 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It's basically a test of sorts.
AH.. the classic "There can't be good without evil" yin-yang bullshit defense this defense falils miserably if God if "omni" anything!

If God is all knowing he technically knows everything there is to know.. so this "Test" is as meaningless as a genital wart.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 2 users Like IndianAtheist's post
11-04-2014, 02:44 PM
(11-04-2014 01:03 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Yes true. See my signature. Tongue

Indeed.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
12-04-2014, 02:10 PM
This video shows how illogical the concept of "loving God" really is.

If God really "loves" us so much he would do everything within his power to ensure that we don't suffer a single bit.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post