God's plan and reproduction.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2013, 12:09 PM
RE: God's plan and reproduction.
(13-04-2013 12:05 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 11:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  It was the Tree of Knowledge, and they brought pain and death into the world.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking: had they been obedient and not eaten from it, they'd just live forever, happily ever after in the garden, so reproduction wouldn't really be an issue if no one is dying.

Yep and doing it for fun is totally better than doing it for a reason.

Oh wait....

That actually explains a lot. Undecided

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2013, 01:13 PM
(13-04-2013 11:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 11:09 AM)Vlad Wrote:  They weren't intended to live forever, otherwise God wouldn't forbid them from eating the fruit of the Tree of Life, but would just make them immortal. Right?

It was the Tree of Knowledge, and they brought pain and death into the world.
Hm, no. There were two trees. The Tree of Knowledge and Tree of Life. The former gives knowledge (of bad and good, whatever), the latter gives immortality.

After eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge God quickly threw them out before they could eat from the other tree (it's as if he wouldn't be able to do anything if it actually do become immortal...)

Quote:21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
13-04-2013, 01:45 PM
And people wonder why I have such a deeply hard time believing the bible as truth.

I bet there had to be another tree that gave super-powers too.

Damn Adam he just ate the fruit in the wrong fucking order.

13-04-2013, 01:51 PM
So...why no u not respond to me?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2013, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2013 02:35 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(13-04-2013 01:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So...why no u not respond to me?

Hangover drift.

13-04-2013, 02:05 PM
(13-04-2013 02:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 01:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So...why no u not respond to me?

Hail drinking and Gwynnies?

And why u talk like cookie monster?

13-04-2013, 02:24 PM
(13-04-2013 10:42 AM)Vlad Wrote:  So God creates Adam and leaves him be. Then, with his infinite wisdom, he suddenly realizes that “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

God, however, sees that Adam isn't quite content with the animals' company. He hits his forehead with his palm saying, "Oh fuck, I should've known. I'll create another 'Adam', but with a pair of 'boobs' and a hole between his legs. I'll call him 'a woman'! Jesus Christ, I'm a freakin' genius!"

So I was wondering, what was God's original plan for reproduction? He obviously didn't think of the concept of females at the time, so it means that animals didn't come in pairs either, but were males only. So either he planned for Adam to asexually reproduce himself, or mate with (male) animals. Right? Or, in case there WERE other humans (again, males only) other than Adam as some people baselessly claim, did God expect Adam to mate with them? I suppose he wasn't against homosexually at the time.

What if we listened to God from the beginning? What if we never ate the fruit and we simply listened to God's will? Where would that have left us?

It seems God's plans require sin for them to work. Also, God seemed to be more into bestiality since he offered animals to Adam first in Genesis 2:20 but Christian's have been trying to change it ever since. Quite strange when they say they are against it while their deity offered animals to the first human.

Also, this video addresses numerous problems of Genesis in a hilarious way.

My view on it is that he planned for all of this to happen. If this biblical account were true(Although it obviously is not) it would suggest he knew it would happen, he wanted it to happen and it was simply a tool used to subjugate humans and punish them for ill reasons. Basically, we are God's favorite play toy.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
13-04-2013, 03:46 PM
(13-04-2013 02:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hail drinking and Gwynnies?

And why u talk like cookie monster?

Did I actually write that? Consider

And, fuck no, Chas. It was "the tree of knowledge of good and evil." Dumbass. Big Grin

And it was a bullshit story made up by a prophet (assuming there was an actual Moses) to justify the moral paradigm outlined in the next three books.

Of course, bullshit. Ya know what irks me? That it wasn't JRR Tolkien spinning up this stuff back in the day. At least it would be coherent.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
13-04-2013, 04:03 PM
(13-04-2013 03:46 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Did I actually write that? Consider

And, fuck no, Chas. It was "the tree of knowledge of good and evil." Dumbass. Big Grin

And it was a bullshit story made up by a prophet (assuming there was an actual Moses) to justify the moral paradigm outlined in the next three books.

Of course, bullshit. Ya know what irks me? That it wasn't JRR Tolkien spinning up this stuff back in the day. At least it would be coherent.

The Tolkien bible first 5 books "And Lo we did walketh and walketh and walketh..."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-04-2013, 05:11 AM
(13-04-2013 10:42 AM)Vlad Wrote:  So God creates Adam and leaves him be. Then, with his infinite wisdom, he suddenly realizes that “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

God, however, sees that Adam isn't quite content with the animals' company. He hits his forehead with his palm saying, "Oh fuck, I should've known. I'll create another 'Adam', but with a pair of 'boobs' and a hole between his legs. I'll call him 'a woman'! Jesus Christ, I'm a freakin' genius!"

So I was wondering, what was God's original plan for reproduction? He obviously didn't think of the concept of females at the time, so it means that animals didn't come in pairs either, but were males only. So either he planned for Adam to asexually reproduce himself, or mate with (male) animals. Right? Or, in case there WERE other humans (again, males only) other than Adam as some people baselessly claim, did God expect Adam to mate with them? I suppose he wasn't against homosexually at the time.

You forgot one disturbing question. How would reproduction have continued down the line after Eve had two sons.....