God's pledge of eternal salvation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2012, 03:33 PM
RE: God's pledge of eternal salvation
(20-01-2012 03:24 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  
(20-01-2012 02:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-01-2012 02:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think what they say in response is:

1. OK we accept that God wrote the Bible and ostensibly this means you go to heaven.
2. BUT do you really trust this capricious God to follow his own Bible to the letter?

Problem for me is it's kinda easy to predict what will be said in response to this:

"Of course, absolutely. In James 3 vs 13 it says 'I the LORD will always follow my word exactly. This is my true word.'"...

(Plz note I not know what James 3 vs 13 really says Tongue )

13 Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.
(20-01-2012 02:18 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  KC arent you scared of going to muslim hell?
did you know that muslims have a boner for jesus too?
but in their version jesus endorses mohammed as gods latest candidate
but muslims think jesus will have a second coming too Smile
high time you might wanna reconsider your theology

I believe what I feel is truth.

/shrug

i feel that the universe is 10 years old and we were all created 10 years ago with previous memories and experiences and a ready made aged universe
just so The One can test our faith, he also whispers to me and i feel his presence and hes telling me that we that not only should marjuana be legal
it should aslo be free and mandatory in schools on the sabbath (tuesday)
and The One sent down his only pet puppy for us so he can teach puppies
The One's will so they could go to puppy heaven, and if humans are good more puppies will go to heaven, but theres no heaven for humans, since we only exist to provide for the puppies. The Grand Puppy became roadkill for our sins! and The Grand Puppy is one of a Quintinity of gods in one,
The One, The Grand Puppy, The Magic Lolcat, The Spectral Animal Control Agent and Dr. House (the tv series is based on a true story).
I know this because i feel their presence inside of me and i cant help but feel that it's true.

^what KC sounds like to me *giggle*

Well, that just about explains everything.Idea

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2012, 03:46 PM

(20-01-2012 03:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  As an Arminian I would respond, "God knew it would happen, but He still gave Lucifer free will. Since God knew what Lucifer would do, He had a plan to counteract Lucifer's free will."

Man that is some jacked up nonsense right there. Just gotta call it out bro.

If god KNEW...then he should have stopped before even creating Luicifer.

Before the words of "Abracadabra" ever crossed gods lips, he KNEW what ole Uncle Evil Louie would do...and still created him just the same......to give him free will...to jack things up...to make it so god was painted into a corner and HAD to sacrifice his son (kill/suicide).

If that makes sense to you, then you worship one twisted god. It almost seems that your god is powerless against the ALMIGHTY FREEWILL! It almost sounds as if God was helpless to create satan.

This line of reasoning is making my brain itch..............this is so jacked up.

D
Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2012, 03:48 PM
(20-01-2012 03:46 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(20-01-2012 03:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  As an Arminian I would respond, "God knew it would happen, but He still gave Lucifer free will. Since God knew what Lucifer would do, He had a plan to counteract Lucifer's free will."

Man that is some jacked up nonsense right there. Just gotta call it out bro.

If god KNEW...then he should have stopped before even creating Luicifer.

Before the words of "Abracadabra" ever crossed gods lips, he KNEW what ole Uncle Evil Louie would do...and still created him just the same......to give him free will...to jack things up...to make it so god was painted into a corner and HAD to sacrifice his son (kill/suicide).

If that makes sense to you, then you worship one twisted god. It almost seems that your god is powerless against the ALMIGHTY FREEWILL! It almost sounds as if God was helpless to create satan.

This line of reasoning is making my brain itch..............this is so jacked up.

D

It's a good thing I agree with you.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
20-01-2012, 04:16 PM
(20-01-2012 03:24 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  ^what KC sounds like to me *giggle*

That's what all theists sound like to me. But KC is actually pretty lucid.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
21-01-2012, 06:52 AM
King...Is it possible, keeping in mind that your unchanging god who changes all the time, might get bored in 50 billion years and let things go to the dogs again? I don't know how to ask the question any other ways than I have already. If you get kicked in the nads every time you speak to someone and they promise not to do it again aren't you the least bit suspicious that it may happen again?

I have in the past likened the Christian believer to the battered woman who continually forgives every wrong done to her by her abusive mate.

"How do you know he won't beat you up again?"
"Because he promised he wouldn't!"
"Did he promise he wouldn't last week and beat you to a pulp yesterday and many many times before?"
"Yes."
"Then why do you say he won't do it again?"
"Because he said so."

King...can you see any parallels between your answers and the woman's?
21-01-2012, 08:18 AM
I do have to give KC some credit here. He is totally right that you can't ask a Theological question and then ignore Theology but why on earth do you think we are "ignoring" Theology?

If someone were to bring up the question "How do I know I exist" and someone were to respond with Descartes "I think therefore I am" it's not outside of the realm of Epistemology to say Descartes was wrong.

You may say that Descartes answer was unsatisfactory and insert your own argument with it's own backings. It's not going outside the realm of the discussion.

Instead your simply saying "while the bible is the only topic here it's right!" and locking out anyone who may have their own theory.

In my response I never asserted there was no god or dismissed the question. I asserted I did not think the bible a good source for this question and stated why. Just like our Descartes discussion.

In return you said that the reason you think the bible is a good answer is not a discussion you wanted to have and I respect that. Please however realize that you can't just lock everyone out of a discussion that disagrees with some core assumption you make on what is correct and call it over.
21-01-2012, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2012 11:51 AM by Chas.)
(20-01-2012 03:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-01-2012 03:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-01-2012 03:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-01-2012 02:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  If the question is whether or not the Bible is true, then you can't use the Bible as a definitive reference. That is totally illogical.
You have to test the contents of the Bible against reality.

But the validity of the Bible isn't the question. It was a question regarding the contents of the Bible.

Which you still have to test against something other than the Bible. The Bible can agree with itself all day long, but that says nothing about its validity.

The Lord of the Rings is internally consistent.

So, by your logic you could argue that if Frodo met Obi Wan instead of of Gandalf then the Ring would have never made it to Mordor because Frodo would have been fighting on Endor? And, this could be genuinely argued against LOTR lore?

No, bringing in a different fantasy book with a different worldview does not, in any way, logically follow. We are not comparing the Bible and the Quran.

We have to check the Bible against reality, e.g. archeology, history, physics.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-01-2012, 08:48 AM

(21-01-2012 11:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  e.g. archeology, history, physics.

God put THOSE thing on earth to test our faith............silly chas.

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Eternal Consciousness Jasozz 68 1,491 18-06-2014 10:55 PM
Last Post: true scotsman
  Really, really pissed at the Salvation Army right now Pippen 5 255 20-02-2014 02:05 AM
Last Post: Mathilda
  Salvation houseofcantor 10 338 22-09-2013 11:03 AM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  Salvation vs. actions Richard Stuckmeyer 59 2,110 05-02-2013 01:51 PM
Last Post: Kaloste
  Sleep Paralysis ("Seth Andrews on The Eternal Planner") Human Being 11 585 31-12-2012 11:46 PM
Last Post: Xinoftruden
  Indoctrination, and Salvation thru Belief socken 13 694 19-10-2012 04:49 PM
Last Post: amyb
  Salvation / Mythic Origins Bucky Ball 13 2,422 30-08-2012 10:32 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball