God's sexual problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2014, 09:04 PM
God's sexual problems
I started that "sex in heaven" thread and here I am again with a sex question. Thumbsup So I've noticed that in most other god stories the god has actual sex with a women to produce a son yet the god of the bible has to send down an angel to do the job. Is the biblical god a sexual being? Why did he have to have a go-between implant his sperm. Problems getting it up? Laughat Of course, I know the whole thing is idiocy but I wonder about stuff like this sometimes. Is it magical sperm? Do christians have an answer for this or do they not think about it. They probably don't give it a moments thought. Well,too bad, screw them. Curious minds want to know! Smartass

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2014, 09:09 PM
RE: God's sexual problems
(31-08-2014 09:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I started that "sex in heaven" thread and here I am again with a sex question. Thumbsup So I've noticed that in most other god stories the god has actual sex with a women to produce a son yet the god of the bible has to send down an angel to do the job. Is the biblical god a sexual being? Why did he have to have a go-between implant his sperm. Problems getting it up? Laughat Of course, I know the whole thing is idiocy but I wonder about stuff like this sometimes. Is it magical sperm? Do christians have an answer for this or do they not think about it. They probably don't give it a moments thought. Well,too bad, screw them. Curious minds want to know! Smartass

He whispered into her womb. Consider

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
31-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Well, since Mary was - and seemed to continue to be - a virgin, one can draw the inference that god just wished it or waved his magic wand.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
31-08-2014, 09:26 PM
(31-08-2014 09:09 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  waved his magic wand.

Well that's one way of putting it...... Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
31-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Perhaps Jesus only had 23 chromosomes? Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
31-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Can't say they have thought it out. If Jesus was created with holy sperm, then that breaks the line of David that was prophesied that Jesus was supposed to be from.
Though they link it through the lineage of Joseph, sorry barbarian sheepherders, that's not how it works.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
31-08-2014, 10:18 PM
(31-08-2014 09:45 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Can't say they have thought it out. If Jesus was created with holy sperm, then that breaks the line of David that was prophesied that Jesus was supposed to be from.
Though they link it through the lineage of Joseph, sorry barbarian sheepherders, that's not how it works.

See, you're thinking to hard. The bible explicitly tells us not to do that. Just chalk it up to miracles and shit and be happy with it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post