God's voice??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2016, 10:06 PM
RE: God's voice??
(18-12-2016 09:54 PM)yakherder Wrote:  How do I figure out which of the voices in there is God's?

Ask.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
18-12-2016, 10:13 PM
(18-12-2016 10:06 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 09:54 PM)yakherder Wrote:  How do I figure out which of the voices in there is God's?

Ask.

My neighbors are probably wondering why I just laughed so loudly. Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
19-12-2016, 03:22 AM

He's the one with the lisp.
19-12-2016, 06:18 AM

I tried listening to the voices in my head but I don't speak French.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
19-12-2016, 06:33 AM
(19-12-2016 06:18 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

You would have to interpret the best you could, and be careful not to take what's said out of context.
[+] 1 user Likes Snowbusinesslikesnowbusiness's post
19-12-2016, 03:36 PM
(18-12-2016 07:23 AM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  I don't know if it's a defense some of you guys normally come across, but now I have some theist friends who tell me they have heard God talk to them before. (In their heads, I'm assuming)

Of course, that leads me to wonder why God doesn't up and talk to anyone else who's obviously straying from the right path...
Yeah, exactly. Isn't that special that God gives your friends some information while keeping secrets from the rest of us. Dodgy

For a God that wants to be worshiped so badly that he dedicated 2 (or 3, depending on the denomination) of the 10 commandments to that purpose, he sure doesn't want to make it easy for us to know exactly how to do so. Rolleyes

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
19-12-2016, 09:39 PM
(19-12-2016 06:18 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

I think God would probably use your own language. But then again, God works in mysterious ways. Laugh out load
19-12-2016, 09:55 PM
(19-12-2016 03:36 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 07:23 AM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  I don't know if it's a defense some of you guys normally come across, but now I have some theist friends who tell me they have heard God talk to them before. (In their heads, I'm assuming)

Of course, that leads me to wonder why God doesn't up and talk to anyone else who's obviously straying from the right path...
Yeah, exactly. Isn't that special that God gives your friends some information while keeping secrets from the rest of us. Dodgy

For a God that wants to be worshiped so badly that he dedicated 2 (or 3, depending on the denomination) of the 10 commandments to that purpose, he sure doesn't want to make it easy for us to know exactly how to do so. Rolleyes

I've heard jack shit from god.

This is rather off topic, but I grew up in a really old house that was formerly a funeral home ran by my great grandfather. Any time I get into a conversation about ghosts I always like to point out how I never, not once, ever heard or saw anything in that house. It's amazing how everyone around here, aside from me, believes in woo bullshit.
[+] 4 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
20-12-2016, 11:36 PM
When someone says God speaks to them all the time or maybe just that one time they needed it I always ask what he said or how did he sound and they're like "No, no, no, he didn't actually say anything...he just led me to the Bible and to this one verse or to church to an inner realization that was there all along.." or whatever some such bullshit they want to call it.

It's not real talking so why call it talking? Why use that word? It means something very specific. Just call it a "feeling" or a "God led epiphany" or whatever.

I've been told Satan talks to me, says God isn't real. Well I'm pretty sure that's my own inner voice but if Satan can do that and fool me into thinking it's me talking to myself and God can't...well it's not my fault. Satan has this whole skill set that God never leveled up to so I kinda of have to listen to him right? I mean until God can complete some more side quests and unlock that ability?

But ok, I guess I have to "seek" him to hear him but I never went "seeking" Satan, he's just as silly to believe in as God so I guess Satan goes looking for those lost sheep but God doesn't,he just won't bother. You gotta go to him preferably on your damn knees and then wait and pray and wait some more and then maybe he'll "say" something. Uhhh ok and he's the good guy right?

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
21-12-2016, 12:10 AM

If the voice tells you to rush the English out of France its genuine, else you can ignore it.

PS: That's why God spoke to you in French Unfogged.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post