God says I can kill my kids.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2015, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2015 02:03 PM by Drunkin Druid.)
RE: God says I can kill my kids.
(29-01-2015 01:41 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 11:30 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  I don't have kids but if I ever do I know I can kill them if they misbehave. The bible says I can. Smile

At what age is this punishment appropriate? Do you know a lot of five-year-old gluttons and drunkards, who disobey their parents' commands (in the Ancient Near East where spanking is the practice and etc. because this drunkard/glutton was chastened).

"Atheists, please."

The answer to the question, "Are you reading the same Bible as I am?" is clearly NO.

Is that really relevant? Does it really matter what the age is? I'd suggest that taking a guy out behind the barn and shooting him for disobeying his parents is a little extreme.
Are there 5 year old drunkards? Perhaps not but there are 5 year old gluttons and I know for a fact that there are 13 year old drunkards. Probably somewhat common in the ancient world. I don't imagine there was much more to do..
Edit: I'm not sure how you read it but im reading what was said!
Anyway to answer your question. It's not appropriate for any age.
Theist please..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2015, 02:13 PM
RE: Q
That's funny Q considering how Christians always interpret the bible to mean what they want it to say. One could argue that being a "drunkard and glutton" is simply one example of misbehavior. At the end of the verse it even says "to put evil away from among you". Why stop with drunkenness?
29-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Btw Q also wrote:
Quote:At what age is this punishment appropriate?

What age is appropriate to kill my kids Q? So I take it you're not opposed to this as long as the child is the right age? Say I have a twenty something year old living at the house who gets drunk alot. Can I kill him then? I need to know so I can follow the bible correctly.
[+] 1 user Likes thecontemplator's post
29-01-2015, 03:59 PM
What about those stubborn and rebellious daughters? I don't see any mentioning of them. Yet more historic proof of female mastery in manipulation. Big Grin
30-01-2015, 11:42 AM
(29-01-2015 01:41 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The answer to the question, "Are you reading the same Bible as I am?" is clearly NO.

Really? What does your Deuteronomy 21:18-21 say and what bible version is it?

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
30-01-2015, 11:49 AM
(29-01-2015 03:59 PM)dirtstar Wrote:  What about those stubborn and rebellious daughters? I don't see any mentioning of them. Yet more historic proof of female mastery in manipulation. Big Grin

Nah, you SELL them!!!

Quote: When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
30-01-2015, 11:50 AM
(29-01-2015 01:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Brought to you by the same people that think abortion is a problem.....

go figure..

Gaawd wants children to be born so that he can command his butt-monkeys to "dash them against a stone". Yawie gets off on that kind of thing.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
30-01-2015, 12:09 PM
(29-01-2015 01:41 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 11:30 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  I don't have kids but if I ever do I know I can kill them if they misbehave. The bible says I can. Smile

At what age is this punishment appropriate? Do you know a lot of five-year-old gluttons and drunkards, who disobey their parents' commands (in the Ancient Near East where spanking is the practice and etc. because this drunkard/glutton was chastened).

"Atheists, please."

The answer to the question, "Are you reading the same Bible as I am?" is clearly NO.

Sorry but I cannot help but to call you a moronic apologist with no ethics, morals, or reason, which is not capable of cognitive thought whatsoever. Whooo... I feel better for some reason.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
30-01-2015, 12:41 PM
YOUR INTERPRETING IT WRONG!

YOURJUSTMAKINGITSAYWHATEVERYOUWANTITTOSAYIFYOUJUSTREADTHEBIBLEANDOPENYOURSELFTOG​ODANDHAVEARELATIONSHIPWITHHIMANDMAKEJESUSAPARTOFYOURVERYHEARANDSOULYOUWILLBEABLE​TOKNOWWHATTHETRUTHOFTHEBIBLEACTUALLYSAYSYOUAREJUSTTAKINGITOUTOFCONTEXTTOMAKEITME​ANWHATYOUWANTITTOMEANBECAUSETHEBIBLEISNEVERVIOLANTANDTHEREARENOCONTRADICTIONSAND​NOTHINGIMMORALABOUTITEVENIFTHEREWASTHANGODCANDOWHATEVERHEWANTSBECAUSEHEISALLGOOD​ANDHECANNOTDOEVILSOIFHESAYSWECANDOSOMETHINGLIKETHATWECANBECAUSEHEISGOD....

I think that settles the debate.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
30-01-2015, 01:08 PM
(28-01-2015 11:30 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  
Quote:Deuteronomy 21:18-21King James Version (KJV)

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

I don't have kids but if I ever do I know I can kill them if they misbehave. The bible says I can. Smile

Just another counter-argument when a theist says "where do you get morals from without god/the bible?"