God says I can kill my kids.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: God says I can kill my kids.
(04-02-2015 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 12:52 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Nice diversion there Q to get the topic off of that disgusting book of stories you struggle to defend.

Oh, and isn't the condemnation of homosexuality in the Mosaic law that we do not need to follow?

I think you may be mistaken if you think I want to turn TTA discussions away from the scriptures.

The Bible has 18 passages that mention homosexuality if memory serves for that number. None of them are laudatory. The NT repeats some of the OT prohibitions including homosexuality. Jesus when asked about marriage reaffirmed that marriage brings a man and a woman together like Adam and Eve.

I can also produced may more than 18 passages on foreskins, rape, infanticide, and killing for the sake of killing innocent human life. WTF is your point? Please have this mental condition you suffer from checked out and treated appropriately!

Jesus also reaffirms us that he is an asshole to those that don't like him or don't meet his standards for worship.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2015, 11:11 AM
The Faith of a Canaanite Woman
21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
04-02-2015, 11:17 AM
(04-02-2015 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 12:52 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Nice diversion there Q to get the topic off of that disgusting book of stories you struggle to defend.

Oh, and isn't the condemnation of homosexuality in the Mosaic law that we do not need to follow?

I think you may be mistaken if you think I want to turn TTA discussions away from the scriptures.

The Bible has 18 passages that mention homosexuality if memory serves for that number. None of them are laudatory. The NT repeats some of the OT prohibitions including homosexuality. Jesus when asked about marriage reaffirmed that marriage brings a man and a woman together like Adam and Eve.

Jacob also married Rachel and Leah. Who also were his cousins.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
04-02-2015, 11:32 AM
(04-02-2015 10:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 10:47 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  They'd probably turn him down for being too cruel. Even ISIS does not justify killing their own children.

Doc

C'mon Doc, think of it as a community building exercise stoning people to death. Q would fit right in. They can all hold hands afterwards and sing Kumbaya while distributing the video footage.

Well, he dresses the part now, anyway, and he does share their ideology, so... alrighty, then!

Doc
04-02-2015, 11:37 AM
(04-02-2015 11:17 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I think you may be mistaken if you think I want to turn TTA discussions away from the scriptures.

Jacob also married Rachel and Leah. Who also were his cousins.

Moses's father married his father's sister (Moses' great aunt). Later, God proclaimed a law against such a marriage. Convenient, I call it.
05-02-2015, 02:57 PM
All,

I haven't condoned homosexuality, I was merely responding to an inquiry. Neither have I condoned incest, marital infidelity or other sexual sins that clearly caused trouble to the people of the Bible themselves.

I'm really not interested in explaining how Jacob was a second cousin to Rachel or how he hadn't planned to marry her sister, and dozens of other things you should already know, if you want to throw those scriptures in my face or try to--I dunno--get me to "wake up" like I haven't read the entire Bible 20 times in different versions? Like I don't know basic Bible stories about marriage, sexuality and the Law? I'm just one of millions of Q-Christians who know the Bible, the rough with the smooth, and enjoys it.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2015, 03:42 PM
(05-02-2015 02:57 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm really not interested in explaining how Jacob was a second cousin to Rachel or how he hadn't planned to marry her sister, and dozens of other things you should already know, if you want to throw those scriptures in my face or try to--I dunno--get me to "wake up" like I haven't read the entire Bible 20 times in different versions? Like I don't know basic Bible stories about marriage, sexuality and the Law? I'm just one of millions of Q-Christians who know the Bible, the rough with the smooth, and enjoys it.

Quote: (By you, Q) Jesus when asked about marriage reaffirmed that marriage brings a man and a woman together like Adam and Eve.

Q, I don't think that you will ever wake up. Just don't say that it is "reaffirmed" when several of the main players were in marriages that were blessed when god was on speaking terms with some of these guys and nothing is ever stated to clear it up.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
05-02-2015, 06:49 PM
From Timber 1025

Quote:21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.
Matthew 15:21 - 28

I haven't read this for quite awhile. So basically Jesus is calling her a dog and makes her beg him to heal her daughter? What kind of loving savior is that? Maybe Q can explain it for us?
05-02-2015, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 07:17 PM by Full Circle.)
(05-02-2015 02:57 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

I haven't condoned homosexuality, I was merely responding to an inquiry. Neither have I condoned incest, marital infidelity or other sexual sins that clearly caused trouble to the people of the Bible themselves.

The Bible doesn’t need you to approve or disapprove of incest, marital infidelity, polygamy or the like...it already condones it. You just need to acknowledge it, you’d think after reading it 20 times or so you’d get the picture.

(05-02-2015 02:57 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm really not interested in explaining how Jacob was a second cousin to Rachel or how he hadn't planned to marry her sister, and dozens of other things you should already know, if you want to throw those scriptures in my face or try to--I dunno--get me to "wake up" like I haven't read the entire Bible 20 times in different versions? Like I don't know basic Bible stories about marriage, sexuality and the Law? I'm just one of millions of Q-Christians who know the Bible, the rough with the smooth, and enjoys it.

I enjoy reading fiction novels too, I just don’t base my life on them. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-02-2015, 07:11 PM
(05-02-2015 06:49 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  From Timber 1025

Quote:21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

Matthew 15:21 - 28

I haven't read this for quite awhile. So basically Jesus is calling her a dog and makes her beg him to heal her daughter? What kind of loving savior is that? Maybe Q can explain it for us?

It's a metaphor that you're taking out of context and the original Aramaic was not accurately translated into Greek and you don't understand the English translation you have to read the originals.

OK?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post