God says I can kill my kids.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: God says I can kill my kids.
(05-02-2015 07:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 06:49 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  From Timber 1025

Matthew 15:21 - 28

I haven't read this for quite awhile. So basically Jesus is calling her a dog and makes her beg him to heal her daughter? What kind of loving savior is that? Maybe Q can explain it for us?

It's a metaphor that you're taking out of context and the original Aramaic was not accurately translated into Greek and you don't understand the English translation you have to read the originals.

OK?

Close! "Dogs" are Gentiles in ancient Israel. Even the Gentiles will get from the Jewish Messiah. I know you know from your Talmud studies that rabbis and sages use such mystery language.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2015, 07:59 AM
(05-02-2015 07:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 06:49 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  From Timber 1025

Matthew 15:21 - 28
I
I haven't read this for quite awhile. So basically Jesus is calling her a dog and makes her beg him to heal her daughter? What kind of loving savior is that? Maybe Q can explain it for us?

It's a metaphor that you're taking out of context and the original Aramaic was not accurately translated into Greek and you don't understand the English translation you have to read the originals.

OK?

Don't give me that crap. Everyone knows that you must read it in the original KJV. That is the only way to truly know the love. Aramaic, that is soo funny.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
07-02-2015, 08:58 AM
(02-02-2015 02:31 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

A few salient points:

1. If you take the Bible at face value,

As a believer, aren't you supposed to take the divine word of gawd at face value?

If you aren't it's obviously open to interpretation and all the self-proclaimed gawdophiles seem to interpret it differently. It's either divinely inspired and therefore meant to be followed exactly or it's fiction to be read and interpreted as the reader sees fit.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-02-2015, 09:15 AM
(07-02-2015 08:58 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

A few salient points:

As a believer, aren't you supposed to take the divine word of gawd at face value?

If you aren't it's obviously open to interpretation and all the self-proclaimed gawdophiles seem to interpret it differently. It's either divinely inspired and therefore meant to be followed exactly or it's fiction to be read and interpreted as the reader sees fit.

Uh oh - it seems like you haven't quite understood his methodology here, Anj.

See, Q feels that his interpretation is right. He really, really has those feels. It thus matters not one whit that so many of his self-professed compatriots in belief differ so widely on that interpretation - because he knows he is right, because he feels like it.

Simple, no?

... this is my signature!
07-02-2015, 09:21 AM
(07-02-2015 09:15 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 08:58 AM)Anjele Wrote:  As a believer, aren't you supposed to take the divine word of gawd at face value?

Uh oh - it seems like you haven't quite understood his methodology here, Anj.

See, Q feels that his interpretation is right. He really, really has those feels. It thus matters not one whit that so many of his self-professed compatriots in belief differ so widely on that interpretation - because he knows he is right, because he feels like it.

Simple, no?

Facepalm Sometimes I just miss the obvious. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

07-02-2015, 10:41 AM
(07-02-2015 09:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 09:15 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Uh oh - it seems like you haven't quite understood his methodology here, Anj.

Simple, no?

Facepalm Sometimes I just miss the obvious. Facepalm

You apparently missed his declaration that he is a True Christian™ able to sit in judgement of all those pseudo-Christians. Dodgy

Y'know, his repeated No True Christian fallacy. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
07-02-2015, 10:54 AM
(07-02-2015 10:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 09:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Facepalm Sometimes I just miss the obvious. Facepalm

You apparently missed his declaration that he is a True Christian™ able to sit in judgement of all those pseudo-Christians. Dodgy

Should I be in awe?

07-02-2015, 11:02 AM
(07-02-2015 10:54 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 10:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  You apparently missed his declaration that he is a True Christian™ able to sit in judgement of all those pseudo-Christians. Dodgy

Should I be in awe?

If you mean like "Aw, gee, that's so precious", then yes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-02-2015, 12:00 PM
(07-02-2015 11:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 10:54 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Should I be in awe?

If you mean like "Aw, gee, that's so precious", then yes.

Well, bless his heart.

09-02-2015, 10:17 AM
(07-02-2015 08:58 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

A few salient points:

Actually, not at all. The Bible itself explains that it requires careful study and adherence. Jesus said those who continue in the Word will receive truth. Peter says Paul's writings are difficult to handle accurately and provide self-destruction to those opposed. Jesus said we are to love God with all our mind and study the scriptures within. Judaism teaches that there are four levels of understand the Word with only one of the four being the text at face value.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.