God the Mother

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2015, 06:35 PM
God the Mother
So two guys knocked on my door, but before I could shut it they said they wanted to talk about god the mother. My curiosity got the better of me. I let them talk. If I was Christian they would have had me convinced, apparently the Bible states that Jerusalem is the the wife of god and that when she gets married the world will end (and you ladies thought you had a rough marriage?). I've never heard of this, but was it was a nice change of pace. Maybe now women won't be second class?

It was fun tripping them up though. I told them they could come back with more answers if they wanted. Let's see if these guys are a little more persistent than the previous evangelists...

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
22-01-2015, 06:40 PM
RE: God the Mother
And here I thought it was just in my country. I've met these guys before. Told them about Asherah. They replied we should "only go by what the Bible says" (apparently the Bible is not a collection of books as I once thought, but whatever; I was late for something and didn't feel like debating much).

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
22-01-2015, 06:44 PM
This is Marky Mark and His Magnificent Ark's comely black girl Shekhinah who sits on his lap.

Did either of them have 1 massive thigh?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-01-2015, 06:47 PM
I err... I never heard that one but lately Q has been busting out some new loony interpretations I've never heard before so he probably is familiar with it. I don't know if it fits his correct interpretation a true born again Christian would understand with ease though.

I'm pretty sure Asherah in old biblical teachings was supposed to be Yhwh's wife.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-01-2015, 07:16 PM
(22-01-2015 06:40 PM)One Above All Wrote:  And here I thought it was just in my country. I've met these guys before. Told them about Asherah. They replied we should "only go by what the Bible says" (apparently the Bible is not a collection of books as I once thought, but whatever; I was late for something and didn't feel like debating much).

Who's Asherah?

Atir aissom atir imon
22-01-2015, 07:17 PM
(22-01-2015 06:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is Marky Mark and His Magnificent Ark's comely black girl Shekhinah who sits on his lap.

Did either of them have 1 massive thigh?

Nope, two local Mexican dudes dressed similarly as JWs. Sorry to disappoint haha

Atir aissom atir imon
22-01-2015, 07:18 PM
(22-01-2015 06:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I err... I never heard that one but lately Q has been busting out some new loony interpretations I've never heard before so he probably is familiar with it. I don't know if it fits his correct interpretation a true born again Christian would understand with ease though.

I'm pretty sure Asherah in old biblical teachings was supposed to be Yhwh's wife.

*starts googling*

Atir aissom atir imon
22-01-2015, 07:43 PM
(22-01-2015 07:16 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 06:40 PM)One Above All Wrote:  And here I thought it was just in my country. I've met these guys before. Told them about Asherah. They replied we should "only go by what the Bible says" (apparently the Bible is not a collection of books as I once thought, but whatever; I was late for something and didn't feel like debating much).

Who's Asherah?

Wife of YHWH, according to some old scrolls. Not included in the Bible, obviously.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
22-01-2015, 11:06 PM
I had the JW at my door last week. They left after the first answer to their first question. Rather quickly to.
23-01-2015, 12:00 AM
(22-01-2015 11:06 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  I had the JW at my door last week. They left after the first answer to their first question. Rather quickly to.

What was the question and your response?

Atir aissom atir imon