God the Mother

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: God the Mother
The fundamentalist church I grew up in (and thankfully made it out with half a brain still in tact) teaches that Jesus Christ will have a bride. Those who are saved (not by works) but then grow up in the stature of Jesus Christ (by works) (think OT tabernacle) to the fullness of him would become a bride of Christ up in the stars. They taught that there were five places of abode. The New City (Jerusalem), The new heaven, the new earth, the lake of fire and outer darkness (which was something worse than hell / lake of fire). All taken from Revelation I believe.

Your comment reminded me of that....I never fully understood how I, a man, could marry Jesus and have a bridge / bridegroom relationship with him. Wouldn't that make me somewhat of a homosexual which the bible, especially OT, grotesquely prohibits?? Gasp Gasp Sadcryface2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2015, 12:36 AM
RE: God the Mother
(04-02-2015 11:17 AM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  The fundamentalist church I grew up in (and thankfully made it out with half a brain still in tact) teaches that Jesus Christ will have a bride. Those who are saved (not by works) but then grow up in the stature of Jesus Christ (by works) (think OT tabernacle) to the fullness of him would become a bride of Christ up in the stars. They taught that there were five places of abode. The New City (Jerusalem), The new heaven, the new earth, the lake of fire and outer darkness (which was something worse than hell / lake of fire). All taken from Revelation I believe.

Your comment reminded me of that....I never fully understood how I, a man, could marry Jesus and have a bridge / bridegroom relationship with him. Wouldn't that make me somewhat of a homosexual which the bible, especially OT, grotesquely prohibits?? Gasp Gasp Sadcryface2

This sounds similar to what the people were saying, except for the part that they were gonna marry him... Unsure

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply