12-09-2012, 04:21 PM
RE: God the absolute truth
(12-09-2012 12:11 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  11111111111111111111111111111111111111111
FREE THOUGHT

"life" only 'wants' one thing; to propagate itself

How much area does life wants to cover?

zero %, 50 % or 100 % of the universe.

Free thought :___________________________

My heart began racing, my right eye twitched, adrenaline began coursing my veins and my breathing became heavy as I shouted:

That does not answer any of my objections!

I've already gone through several definitions of life AND went over your stated requirements of consideration.

How much area does life wants to cover?

Since you took a section from the Life As A Process answer, I will respond to that "life" context.

Life in that context doesn't want to cover any amount of space, you may as well ask how much space the moon wants to take up, both times the question is flawed.

Because you seem to be a little Hard of reading, I repeat:

I'll throw in another one, on the house! "Life" as a process; meaning all the bits and pieces that form the construction and continuation of life such as abiogenesis and evolution.

The size of "life" as a process is irrelevant. It is a pattern that our brains made up to make everything seem ordered, a natural occurrence in the brain, it tries to make sense of the non-sensical.

Frankly I am still vexed at that you never addressed my first statement, let alone any other I have made.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 04:26 PM
(10-09-2012 01:02 AM)Janus VI Wrote:  The proof is Life it self

Just answer what does the first living being in the chain of evolution wants?

A) To die the sooner possible
B) To control the universe

Did anybody else see the last chapter of Reasonable Faith torn apart by stevelikes2curse on YouTube? He told us at the beginning of the chapter that the "ultimate apologetic" would be revealed by WLC, and he also told us it would be disappointing.

This was it.

Of course, WLC didn't make false dichotomies like A & B up there, but he did state that life proves God. *sigh* Does death prove atheism then? Why would anyone be persuaded by such awful logic?

Just answer: What does every human being want?

A: Pizza
B: More pizza

I guess I've proven, by leaving out any other rational possibility, that human beings want pizza.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Nice try, spinster.

There are two choices:
Dark matter will control the universe.
Dark matter will not control the universe.

There are two choices:
Time will control the universe.
Time will not control the universe.

There are two choices:
Light will control the universe.
Light will not control the universe.

There are two choices:
Red dwarf stars will control the universe.
Red dwarf stars will not control the universe.

There are two choices:
The space between two random stars will control the universe.
The space between two random stars will not control the universe.

You're either a white belt in logic or the best troll this forum has ever seen. Either way, please continue. This is fun.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
12-09-2012, 04:53 PM

Free Thought

Life in that context doesn't want to cover any amount of space

Please mention something that want to cover any amoutn of space.

guitar_nut

Those possibitlies fits in : life will not control the universe.

Starcrash

Please teach us a different possibility of reality beside:
Life will control the universe
Life will not control the universe
12-09-2012, 05:07 PM
The evolutionary imperative of reproduction is switched on at puberty and off at menopause. In between, said drive is a condition of "now," not "future." Ergo, no goals.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2012, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 05:24 PM by fstratzero.)
(12-09-2012 03:34 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  FSTRATZERO
You mean to be destroyed by its nearest star?

I mean what astrophysics stipulate: “Civilization type 3 are immortal and control galaxies” Michio Kaku.

Michio Kaku is a Japanese- American theoretical physicist. His civilization types are speculative at best.

In other words it's just something he made up. To try and figure out where human development is at.

It doesn't mean that all life forms move towards becoming god/gods.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
12-09-2012, 05:41 PM
(12-09-2012 04:53 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  Those possibitlies fits in : life will not control the universe.

Incorrect.

"Life will control the universe" fits into "Red dwarf stars will not control the universe."
"Life will not control the universe" fits into "Red dwarf stars will control the universe."

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
12-09-2012, 07:15 PM
(12-09-2012 05:41 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 04:53 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  Those possibitlies fits in : life will not control the universe.

Incorrect.

"Life will control the universe" fits into "Red dwarf stars will not control the universe."
"Life will not control the universe" fits into "Red dwarf stars will control the universe."

You are right if you put the universe in function form, using the Red Dwarf Star.

However is up to you to define what is more important to you: Life or the Red Dwarf Star?

GuitarNut: ______________

FSTRAZERO
Michio Kaku is a Japanese- American theoretical physicist. His civilization types are speculative at best.

In other words it's just something he made up. To try and figure out where human development is at.

It doesn't mean that all life forms move towards becoming god/gods

If you see the first unicelluar being in the universe what is a right conclucion?

a) Life will try to stay unicellular
b) Life will try to reach civilization type 3
12-09-2012, 07:39 PM
(11-09-2012 02:07 AM)Janus VI Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 01:18 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I gave the definitions for the word singularity. Your's does not seem to gel with them, all you are saying is that it was a singularity, the only definitions that work with that are:
1. The quality or condition of being singular.
2. A trait marking one as distinct from others; a peculiarity.
Neither of which answer my question.
From this, I assume you did in fact mean the first living thing, therefore a single cell organism.
Before I go on, out of fairness and because I know you'll just try to equivocate your way out of a single cell based answer, make up your mind now.

What constitutes a living being?

First living thing 3.5 billion years ago, 1 second before was no life in the universe. This constitute the singularity.

Living being : an organism is any contiguous living system (such as animal, plant, fungus, or micro-organism).

Do you think that life is real?
What life want to do in the universe?

The universe is 13.7 billion years old. We don't know what else is out there. How did you get the first living thing @ 3.5 billion? Did you mean on Earth? There could be life much older than that on Earth.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
12-09-2012, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 08:02 PM by fstratzero.)
(12-09-2012 07:15 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 05:41 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Incorrect.

You are right if you put the universe in function form, using the Red Dwarf Star.

However is up to you to define what is more important to you: Life or the Red Dwarf Star?

GuitarNut: ______________

FSTRAZERO

It doesn't mean that all life forms move towards becoming god/gods

If you see the first unicelluar being in the universe what is a right conclucion?

a) Life will try to stay unicellular
b) Life will try to reach civilization type 3

Enjoy the secular definition of life.

Life (cf. biota) is a characteristic that
distinguishes objects that have signaling and
self-sustaining processes from those that do
not, either because such functions have
ceased (death), or else because they lack such
functions and are classified as inanimate.

Life does not "want"

Living things do.

It's hard to say what the progression of evolution leads to until we find examples in nature or become the examples our selves.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post