God the absolute truth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 08:38 PM
RE: God the absolute truth
To answer "how much of the universe does life want to cover" the answer is, essentially, 0% since only 0.00001% of the universe is potentially suitable for life of any nature, and only an immeasurably tiny fraction of that is habitable for DNA based life.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
12-09-2012, 10:02 PM
(12-09-2012 04:53 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  Starcrash

Please teach us a different possibility of reality beside:
Life will control the universe
Life will not control the universe

That's just silliness. How exactly does "life control the universe"? In fact, how does anyone control the universe? Never has one person even controlled the world. Much less the solar system. Much less the galaxy. Much less the universe.

Life merely survives and passes on its genes. That drives most of what we do -- eat, sleep, have sex, and pursue happiness. While you may feel that you do things that give you "meaning", those things are mainly centered around survival. Why do people believe in gods? Because of needs such as social interaction, a feeling of being necessary (because a lack of it could lead to suicide), and protection from fear of death.

But none of this has to do with controlling the universe, because no one ever has or knows how to do so. It's fair to say that "life will not control the universe". But whether it does or not, that has little to do with belief in a god... much less your god.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-09-2012, 04:18 AM
(12-09-2012 04:53 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  11111111111111111111111111111

Free Thought

Life in that context doesn't want to cover any amount of space

Please mention something that want to cover any amoutn of space.

Many types of ape (humans too) usually want to cover a small area with leaves and/or other softening material to make sleeping places more comfortable for sleep.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-09-2012, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2012 04:40 AM by Free Thought.)
So who has put up points that have been ignored?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-09-2012, 04:37 AM
(12-09-2012 03:39 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  [color=#006400]GUITAR-NUT: [ x ] disagree: the goal of life is to fail at its goal.

Okay, here is the actual quote, in entirety:

Ergo, from the ALPHA to the OMEGA of life, the goal as been the same: To be almighty.

almighty
1. all-powerful; omnipotent
2. Informal (intensifier) an almighty row

I call this the "Proof of Sensible Reduction." You may cite me in your next academic paper:

The goal of life is to end (all living things die);
The goal of life is to replicate (all successful life forms do this);
The goal of life is to poop (many living things poop);
The goal of life is to work at IBM (a few living things work at IBM)
The goal of life is to participate in this forum (a very small number of living things participate here)

or

The goal of life is to be almighty (no living things are all-powerful or omnipotent)

Ergo, the goal of life is to fail at its goal. Thus, by striving to be almighty, we strive to fail. Yes, this falls right in line with religious logic. We've got a winner here!
[/quote]

(Does this qualify as quote-mining on Janus's part?)

13-09-2012, 07:56 AM
(13-09-2012 04:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  So who has put up points that have been ignored?
I have. He has yet to comment on his argument being a non-sequitur. He is unable to form a logical conclusion from his premises. His logic goes something like this

Premises:
Cheeseburgers are tasty
I like Cheeseburgers

Conclusion:
Therefore I am an all-powerful god

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
13-09-2012, 07:58 AM
(13-09-2012 07:56 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 04:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  So who has put up points that have been ignored?
I have. He has yet to comment on his argument being a non-sequitur. He is unable to form a logical conclusion from his premises. His logic goes something like this

Premises:
Cheeseburgers are tasty
I like Cheeseburgers

Conclusion:
Therefore I am an all-powerful god

It's flawless!

13-09-2012, 08:09 AM
I like cheeseburgers too. We can be gods together, you know like that show where two gods roam around the universe. The Odd Couple I think it was called.
One is messy and doesn't really care if there is order in the world. The other is a complete neat freak.

Of course this show was made completely from the perspective of a piece of dust, which is kinda what we are aren't we.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
13-09-2012, 08:14 AM
I have to be honest; I don't like cheeseburgers, I am a heretic in the realms of your cheeseburger-y holiness..es

13-09-2012, 08:45 AM
(13-09-2012 08:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I have to be honest; I don't like cheeseburgers, I am a heretic in the realms of your cheeseburger-y holiness..es

Doesn't make you a heretic. Just means you can't be in the cheesey god club.
And if you don't make me a cheeseburger right now, you'll be sending yourself to the BBQ pit. You can avoid this hellish nightmare if you would only accept The Hamburglar as your savory savior.

(On a side note, I'm now tempted to walk into a McDonalds and claim to be the cheeseburger god and say "If you don't accept the Hamburglar as your savory savior, you all will go to hell")

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post