God the absolute truth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2012, 08:48 AM
RE: God the absolute truth
(13-09-2012 08:45 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 08:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I have to be honest; I don't like cheeseburgers, I am a heretic in the realms of your cheeseburger-y holiness..es

Doesn't make you a heretic. Just means you can't be in the cheesey god club.
And if you don't make me a cheeseburger right now, you'll be sending yourself to the BBQ pit. You can avoid this hellish nightmare if you would only accept The Hamburglar as your savory savior.

(On a side note, I'm now tempted to walk into a McDonalds and claim to be the cheeseburger god and say "If you don't accept the Hamburglar as your savory savior, you all will go to hell")

If you do that I'll do whatever you want!!! (video or it didn't happened btw)

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2012, 08:51 AM
(13-09-2012 08:45 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 08:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I have to be honest; I don't like cheeseburgers, I am a heretic in the realms of your cheeseburger-y holiness..es

Doesn't make you a heretic. Just means you can't be in the cheesey god club.
And if you don't make me a cheeseburger right now, you'll be sending yourself to the BBQ pit. You can avoid this hellish nightmare if you would only accept The Hamburglar as your savory savior.

(On a side note, I'm now tempted to walk into a McDonalds and claim to be the cheeseburger god and say "If you don't accept the Hamburglar as your savory savior, you all will go to hell")

You would do this because there are no actual hamburgers in a McDonald's restaurant. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-09-2012, 09:19 AM
(13-09-2012 04:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  (Does this qualify as quote-mining on Janus's part?)

Quote mining and a complete disregard for any logic. He's obviously trying to funnel everyone towards a conclusion. I thought this might become a cool debate, but I have yet to see any reasonable explanation or information served up by Janus... proving once again that it is coffee that is almighty.

Speaking of, it's about that time.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
13-09-2012, 09:35 AM
(13-09-2012 09:19 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 04:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  (Does this qualify as quote-mining on Janus's part?)

Quote mining and a complete disregard for any logic. He's obviously trying to funnel everyone towards a conclusion. I thought this might become a cool debate, but I have yet to see any reasonable explanation or information served up by Janus... proving once again that it is coffee that is almighty.

Speaking of, it's about that time.

By that, I hope you mean time to ignore him.

He has only posted two threads.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
13-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Yup. Time, as in "Time to exit this thread."

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
13-09-2012, 11:43 AM
The very words we use to define, confine. He may be working with a conceptual paradigm that his terminology is failing to express. Or, troll. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
13-09-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm not reading 12 pages of responses, I'm not apologizing for that because I have seen the nature of some the ramblings produced thus far and I do not have particularly high hopes for any reply to what I have to say Dodgy but fuck it, here it goes anyways. Thumbsup

Non sequitor (as pointed out by DLJ)
Argument from ignorance (I do not know of any other possibilities, therefore god done it)

Would non-life also prove a god?

How does life prove a god?

Does a rock prove god? It can be pretty dadgum complex too. Heck there is even a process by which rocks are produced and recycled...called the rock cycle. Can that only be the product of a god too?

You have a sample size of n = 1 (1 universe where life exists) to make your assertion that life = evidence for god. You don't have a control, nor do you have a universe where a god exists without life, a universe without a god where life does not exist, a universe without a god where life exists, or a universe with a god where life exists. How can you make a comparison when you aren't comparing it to anything?

Oh, and
special pleading

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
14-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Sorry for taking so long to reply
14-09-2012, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 12:44 AM by Free Thought.)
Then get it over with and reply.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Yeah, get on with it!

[+] 2 users Like caffeinesoul's post