God the absolute truth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2012, 01:27 AM
RE: God the absolute truth
Quote:Nope, here's why:

There was no conscious decision involved in becoming a brown beetle. The green parents of the brown beetle didn't decide to have brown beetle offspring, thus subjecting them to the risk of disease. It's simply probability.

Probability is the only factor involved in the practicality of any mutations of DNA through generations.

Saying that the brown beetle being more susceptible to disease is a mistake on evolution's part, is like saying that me being dealt a bad hand in poker is a mistake on the dealer's part. It's not. It's just probability. Probability can be inconvenient, but it's never intentionally inconvenient, nor is it ever intentionally convenient. It's convenience is subjective. You decided that the brown beetle being more susceptible to disease could be seen as a mistake on evolution's part, however I disagree. The brown beetles have no need to worry about their bird predators. It's simply a trade-off. Evolution is mutation based on probability, not practicality, thus it can't make mistakes (ones subjective opinions are irrelevant).

Thus the "considered".

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2012, 02:32 AM
(17-09-2012 01:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Thus the "considered".

I got that. I was arguing against the notion that such a position could even (or should ever) be considered. Smartass
17-09-2012, 03:09 AM
(17-09-2012 02:32 AM)caffeinesoul Wrote:  
(17-09-2012 01:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Thus the "considered".

I got that. I was arguing against the notion that such a position could even (or should ever) be considered. Smartass

You gotta dumb it down for some people some times.

17-09-2012, 04:42 AM
(16-09-2012 09:38 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Evolution doesn't make mistakes; it can't. There is no purpose, therefore no correct or incorrect path for evolution.

I don't see why it couldn't mistakes please elaborate.

I understand evolution using the green/brown beetle explanation so I'll explain where I'm going with this.

In the green/brown beetle explanation it goes. There are a number of green beetles. Birds eat green beetles. There is a small chance that a brown beetle will be born due to mutation in dna. Birds don't eat brown beetles.
Green beetles get eatten off and brown beetles remain, hence green beetle 'evolved' into brown beetle.
Very basic description.
So it is not hard at all to them imagine that the brown beetle as well as being brown could have negative side effects. Perhaps it is more likely to get certain diseases.
This higher chance of getting certain diseases could be considered a mistake.

There can only be a mistake if there is a purpose or goal. There are no purposes or goals in evolution, hence there are no mistakes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2012, 01:37 PM
(12-09-2012 07:15 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  You are right if you put the universe in function form, using the Red Dwarf Star.

However is up to you to define what is more important to you: Life or the Red Dwarf Star?

GuitarNut: ______________

Can't... help... myself...

Janus, I have indeed put the universe in function form using a red dwarf star. All stars, in fact. The stars are more important to me than my, or any other, life. Not only do they affect the entire universe with their gravity and energy, they also make my existence possible. To not give them importance, and higher priority, would be like a shadow not giving importance to light.

Thus, I am correct in stating red dwarf stars control the universe unless you can prove they do not control the universe.

Choose: A or B.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
17-09-2012, 04:21 PM
(17-09-2012 04:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 09:38 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't see why it couldn't mistakes please elaborate.

I understand evolution using the green/brown beetle explanation so I'll explain where I'm going with this.

In the green/brown beetle explanation it goes. There are a number of green beetles. Birds eat green beetles. There is a small chance that a brown beetle will be born due to mutation in dna. Birds don't eat brown beetles.
Green beetles get eatten off and brown beetles remain, hence green beetle 'evolved' into brown beetle.
Very basic description.
So it is not hard at all to them imagine that the brown beetle as well as being brown could have negative side effects. Perhaps it is more likely to get certain diseases.
This higher chance of getting certain diseases could be considered a mistake.

There can only be a mistake if there is a purpose or goal. There are no purposes or goals in evolution, hence there are no mistakes.

I realize this, but I think what he/she/it means by mistake is that nothing bad comes out of evolution. This idea that evolution is always an improvement, and I'm giving a way that a disadvantage could come from evolution.

17-09-2012, 10:16 PM
How do these troll posts end up as epic threads?
18-09-2012, 12:09 AM
(17-09-2012 10:16 PM)Superluminal Wrote:  How do these troll posts end up as epic threads?

Because we are all dumb and answer the trolls. As more people answer the trolls, more people see it being answered, and then, they do it also. It's a self fulfilling cycle.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-09-2012, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2012 08:13 AM by PeterKA.)
You make the mistake of assuming that evolution is always progressive. That each step is an improvement on what came before. There are many examples of the opposite being true. The most obvious one being cave dwelling salamanders whose eyes have regressed to non existence after many generations in the dark. The reason given for this by people much smarter than me is that it takes quite a lot of energy to grow and maintain an eye over the course of the salamanders life. Therefore salamanders who had progressively smaller eyes were better able to conserve this energy and use it for something more productive, thus aiding their survival in a pitch black environment until they eventually became predominant

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
18-09-2012, 01:51 AM
(17-09-2012 12:32 AM)caffeinesoul Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 11:50 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  Do you see human beings as a slow process of change or a being with goals?

Stop using this tactic of leading questions. That is not an either-or question, and you've articulated it vaguely. One wonders if the bad articulation was intentional...

Evolution is the slow process of change that affects all organic beings through mutation of our DNA. Humans are affected by it, but they do not control how it takes place. It is possible to alter genes through gene therapy, but that is outside the process of evolution since we are no longer dealing with the probability of mutation for the adaptability of our species.

Stop evading the questions!

It is so simple:
The chain of evolution is:
Single cell being (the alpha) ----------- Human beings ------------The omega of evolution

You do not see a goal in the beginning of evolution. Although the goal is LIFE.

You see a goal in the middle of the evolution chain. But your atheist pride does not let your brain think and get out of the labyrinth. The goal is LIFE.

It is obvious that the goal of the omega of evolution is LIFE.

This is the TRUTH: The alpha as a WAY to reach its goal: LIFE.

................................................................................​....................

I Am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life