God the absolute truth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2012, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 01:22 AM by fstratzero.)
RE: God the absolute truth
(10-09-2012 01:02 AM)Janus VI Wrote:  Therefore if God is the absolute truth then why are there different religions, sects, and denominations?

Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Zoroastrianism, Deism and evolution tells us that God is the absolute truth.

TO fstratzero, VIPA and DLJ

The proof is Life it self

Just answer what does the first living being in the chain of evolution wants?

A) To die the sooner possible
B) To control the universe

What I was trying to point out was a dilemma. Especially since Christianity requires Christ, where as the others do not.

In other words to them Christ is not god, and do not believe in your god. No Le sigh...

Also the first living things, existed merely to replicate.

Finally.... are you going to present a logical argument or just assert random things?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2012, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 01:37 AM by Diablo666.)
(10-09-2012 12:01 AM)Janus VI Wrote:  The life's goal in the universe is to control the universe.

Therefore:

God = the way, and the truth, and the life.

Lets see,

"The life's goal"
To archaic, lets use plain English seeing as this is the 21st century. "The goal of Life"

"in the universe"
As opposed to life in alternate dimensions? Pointless statement.

"is to control the universe"
Ok.

"God = "
Ok.

"the way, and the truth,"
You never mentioned this stuff before in the premise, so this is out.

"and the life"
Ok, seeing as the other two don't apply we simply this to be "God = Life"

Throw it all together without the archaic and pointless BS and lets see what we got.
"The goal of life is to control the universe"
Therefore,
God = life

So, the goal of life is to control the universe. Ok, I can see that, though not many, if any, organisms think on such a grand scale. And if God = life, that can only mean that god is within all life and giving it the will to conquer to the universe.

Therefore, God = DNA or Evolution?
So what's the point, and whats this got to do with truth?
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo666's post
10-09-2012, 01:18 AM
Janus VI = troll sockpuppet of Janus. Come on guys, play the game, don't let the game play you. Tongue

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
10-09-2012, 01:23 AM
(10-09-2012 01:18 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Janus VI = troll sockpuppet of Janus. Come on guys, play the game, don't let the game play you. Tongue

I was wondering why he didn't just use "Janus" to post this crap.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
10-09-2012, 01:41 AM
I've always hated that saying, "God is the truth!" It's such a structurally incoherent sentence. Is God a statement? Is he binary code? In which case, you are stating, "God is a 1!" To contain the modifying term of "true" or "false", you would be relating it to how well it conforms to reality. And if so, why not simply say, "God exists!" God is an anthropomorphic being with a personality and demands, not a series of statements or claims about reality, and so your entire thread is nonsensical.

Roast beef sandwiches are the truth!

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 5 users Like Buddy Christ's post
10-09-2012, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 01:57 AM by fstratzero.)
(10-09-2012 01:41 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I've always hated that saying, "God is the truth!" It's such a structurally incoherent sentence. Is God a statement? Is he binary code? In which case, you are stating, "God is a 1!" To contain the modifying term of "true" or "false", you would be relating it to how well it conforms to reality. And if so, why not simply say, "God exists!" God is an anthropomorphic being with a personality and demands, not a series of statements or claims about reality, and so your entire thread is nonsensical.

Bacon is the absolute truth!
[Image: bacon.jpg]

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 5 users Like fstratzero's post
10-09-2012, 02:04 AM
These are the absolute truth!
[Image: bouncing_tits_09.gif]

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 8 users Like fstratzero's post
10-09-2012, 02:13 AM
(10-09-2012 01:41 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I've always hated that saying, "God is the truth!" It's such a structurally incoherent sentence. Is God a statement? Is he binary code? In which case, you are stating, "God is a 1!" To contain the modifying term of "true" or "false", you would be relating it to how well it conforms to reality. And if so, why not simply say, "God exists!" God is an anthropomorphic being with a personality and demands, not a series of statements or claims about reality, and so your entire thread is nonsensical.

God is a 1
Holy Goat is a 0
So Jeebus = half?

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-09-2012, 03:31 AM
Truth is the wants to contorl. We are live in futlity and waste! REPENT! God want eat your soul if you not repenting. Truth equation of life bring understanding:

G + Y = W

Never understanding without!! Life is the proof
  • Life travel in circle
  • Pi and the golden ratio = proof of GOD!
  • Undeniable evidence in experience

Deniers of four sided earth will BE BURN!!!!

Which is to say, this...erm....person...sounds a bit too much like the time-cube guy for my liking.
[+] 2 users Like rook2004's post
10-09-2012, 06:06 AM
(10-09-2012 12:01 AM)Janus VI Wrote:  The life's goal in the universe is to control the universe.
Therefore:
God = the way, and the truth, and the life.

a. Those two sentences, if meant to follow, one from the other, are an example, in Logic, of a Non-Sequitur.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur
b. They are also an example of the Fallacy of the False Premise.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_premise . I know of no one whose goal is to control the universe, either as an individual, or as a memeber of a group.
c. The linguistic string, "the way, the truth, and the life" were placed in the mouth of Yeshua ben Josef, (a literary device), by the author(s) of John, (14:6). It is an interesting verse, as it continues : "no can come to the Father, except through me".
Since we know John was the last of the canonical gospels to be written, this verse is evidence of a few things.
1. Jesus did not claim divinity, and if the goal is union with the "Father", it's obvious, he did not claim divinity, or HE would be the goal.
2. The divinity claims are different in each of the cannonical gospels. (info available on request).
3. The quote did not originate with Christianity. We know where it came from, and other preachers made the same claim.
4. The "Way" was the original name of the Christian cult, which for many years was a sub-sect in Judaism. The quote was used to reference the name of the cult.

We know how life probably arose. The details are not entirely clear, yet, but it did not arise as a result of a god's action, (creation).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche