God the absolute truth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2012, 07:12 AM
RE: God the absolute truth
(07-10-2012 11:48 AM)Janus VI Wrote:  You guys keep evading simple questions.

Who is to come in the evolution chain?
The thing that is to come in the "evolution chain" (which is wrong to begin because evolution is a tree, not a chain) is: the next thing that is to come. Nothing more nothing less.

(07-10-2012 11:48 AM)Janus VI Wrote:  The answer the Omega (the last in the evolution chain)
The last thing in the "evolution chain" would be the end of all life.
If there's life, it's evolving.
If there's no evolution, there is no life.

(07-10-2012 11:48 AM)Janus VI Wrote:  Is this Omega an almighty?
This question is moot (or, moo, according to Joey Tribbiani) since the end of all life can not be "almighty".

(07-10-2012 11:48 AM)Janus VI Wrote:  Understanding the two choices for the future we have:

A) Yes the omega will be the almighty

B) No, death is the only future of the universe.

Being you part of life A is the only acceptable answer. [/b]
Acceptable to who?
What's acceptable and what actually is are two separate things.

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Not to derail this, but the Omega? Omega is a letter. That's all it is.

This thread makes me scratch my head...

-summum ius, summa iniuria.-M. T. Cicero
-I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-T.S. Eliot
-
ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα

08-10-2012, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 08:17 AM by Free Thought.)
(08-10-2012 07:49 AM)il_bandit Wrote:  Not to derail this, but the Omega? Omega is a letter. That's all it is.

This thread makes me scratch my head...

To my understanding Omega is the last letter in the Greek alphabet, and in Christian texts is referred to when (God?) describes itself; "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." (something to that effect)

Alpha of course being the first letter, and usually taken to meaning the first X and Omega, being the last, is generally taken to mean the final X.

... At least I think that's it's involvement... With insane people you are never quite sure, they tend to be unpredictable... Consider

________________________________________________________________________________​_______________

As for the thread making you scratch your head, here is the abridged version:

Janus believes that life began somewhere (thus is the Alpha) and through evolution, will reach the Omega (which he seems to believe humans are said evolutionary end). This Omega state of life will control the universe. Or it will not.... Therefore! God is Omega, why because it says so in the bible (Re: I am the Alpha). How does he know this? Evolution works to the end of creating an Omega life-from. How can he assume that? Alpha - Omega quote.

Welcome to the circle

ExclExclExclExclExclExclExclExcl

Now, as much as I love setting things on fire (and my general fascination with fire), I don't want to look like I am building a straw-man to burn by misrepresenting his, uh, "arguments" to make them look stupid.

As such, I state now: That is my interpretive recreation of Janus's argument, which my not be a faithful or entirely correct representation of said's beliefs. And was created with the primary purpose of comically reducing it into absurdity, where it should remain anyway.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Chef Johns' Caramel Chicken:

3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup cold water
1/3 cup fish sauce
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, quartered
1/2 cup roasted peanuts
2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish

Whisk brown sugar, water, fish sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a bowl until brown sugar is completely dissolved, about 1 minute. Set aside.
Heat oil over high heat in a skillet. Stir in chicken.
Pour 1/3 cup of the brown sugar mixture over chicken; cook and stir until the brown sugar mixture has a syrup-like consistency, 6 to 7 minutes.
Pour in the remaining brown sugar mixture; cook until chicken is tender and no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
Stir in in peanuts, jalapenos and green onion; cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro and serve.

And for dessert............

Four Fruit Pie (no apricots)

1 (9 inch) pie shell
3 apples
3 fresh peaches
1 pear
1 cup raspberries
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
Peel, core, and slice the peaches, apples, and pear. Place the fruit into a large bowl and add the raspberries. In a separate bowl, mix the white sugar, cinnamon, and 3 tablespoons flour. Pour the mixture over the fruit and gently toss the fruit to coat.
Mound fruit mixture into a 9-inch pie shell.
In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles small peas. Stir in the chopped pecans and sprinkle the crumble on top of the fruit.
Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown. Cool on wire rack.

Bon appetit!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 6 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
08-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Wow, I think I gained about 10 pounds just reading those recipes...

Oooooo, and look at that.... You got stir fry and pies into one post!
Bravo!!! Thumbsup

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
08-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Hey wait a second. What the hell is wrong with that pie recipe?

I don't see and beef, steak or chicken anywhere in there. The hell kind of pie is that?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-10-2012, 08:31 AM
(08-10-2012 08:21 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hey wait a second. What the hell is wrong with that pie recipe?

I don't see and beef, steak or chicken anywhere in there. The hell kind of pie is that?

Meat Pie

1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
1/3 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place the potato in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, mash, and set aside.
Meanwhile, crumble the ground beef and pork into a large saucepan, and add the garlic, onion and water. Season with mustard powder, thyme, cloves and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring to crumble the meat and mix in the spices, until the meat is evenly browned. Remove from the heat, and mix in the mashed potato.
Place one of the pie crusts into a 9 inch pie plate. Fill with the meat mixture, then top with the other pie crust. Prick the top crust a few times with a knife to vent steam. Crimp around the edges using the tines of the fork, and remove any excess dough. Cover the edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil.
Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the crust has browned. Serve by itself, or with a beef gravy.

Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
08-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Now you see, that is a real pie! Although we sometimes go about it a different way.

Ah meat pie, the national dish of my homeland... I almost dread the day I go over seas, probably can't get a real pie elsewhere...

08-10-2012, 01:25 PM
[Image: k9baes.jpg]

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
08-10-2012, 06:58 PM
The majority of this thread is time wasted. All the OP wants you to do is answer with his premise.

They obviously want it to be true regardless of what evidence to the contrary is presented.

Crazy trolls.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp