• 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: God the absolute truth
(17-10-2012 04:53 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  
Let me help you understand life around you:
The PURPOSE of life is to pass on our DNA
The MEANING of life is the experience of living
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind

If you cannot have children, you have no purpose?
If you're born blind, deaf, handicapped, or with cancer, then your life has no meaning?
If you die as a child, your life has no value because you have no legacy?

If a child is born with an illness, they don't experience life, they don't leave a legacy, and they don't pass on their DNA. Do you agree?

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2012, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 04:30 AM by DLJ.)
Guitar nut,
J6 is quote-mining again cos he/she thinks, presumably, that by deliberately misinterpreting our own words he/she will perhaps confuse or enrage us.
All I'm feeling is pity.

See my sig below for the full quote.

A child that dies without reproducing and without discovering the joys and pains of growing up/ old still leaves a legacy in the memories of those that loved them.

18-10-2012, 01:11 AM
(17-10-2012 07:14 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Guitar nut,
J6 is quote-mining again cos he/she thinks, presumably, that by deliberately misinterpreting our own words we will perhaps confuse or enrage us.
All I'm feeling is pity.

See my sig below for the full quote.

A child that dies without reproducing and without discovering the joys and pains of growin up/ old still leaves a legacy in the memories of those that loved them.

Dont know that you need to go so fluffy with it, but plenty of species have sterile component that will individually never pass on genetic data, but who contribute to the species propagating.

Either way even if he is quote mining, there's no need for the emotive you hate the disabled, oh think of the children, of the poster above. Incidentally, I dont see the out rage being directed at your dot sig, another case of the in built bias showing itself. Maybe, Janus deserves cheap shots slung at him, but maybe its better to not engage than act similarly.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2012, 06:57 AM
(17-10-2012 04:53 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  If you disagree give us your estimate of time and percentage of the universe conscious life wants to cover?
All you have to do is ask humans.
Humans are the only conscious life in the entire universe that we know exists.
We're no where near being able to populate another planet, let alone the whole universe.

And, before you say it... I'm not making an assumption that there is no conscious life elsewhere in the universe, but it would seem you are making the assumption that there is.

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
18-10-2012, 06:59 AM
There is no suggestion that he 'hates the children.' Stop projecting.

The reason I used the child example was to show a direct opposite of life doing what Janus claims it's 'purpose' is: DNA, legacy, and meaning. But I think you know that. Janus can now try to explain the purpose of all the life that does not succeed. If you have another example of life that does not get to fulfill it's 'purpose' as defined by Janus, feel free to replace mine with it. Since cells, plankton, etc. don't leave a 'legacy,' I couldn't really use them as an example.

And now that I see he's been quote mining, the whole point is mute.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
18-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:DLJ
d) Please explain how "life around you" is evidence for your earlier statements.

Let me help you understand life around you:
The PURPOSE of life is to pass on our DNA
The MEANING of life is the experience of living
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind

For how long?
Forever

How much of the universe does life want to cover?
All

If you disagree give us your estimate of time and percentage of the universe conscious life wants to cover?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one's self. "
Benjamin Franklin

Answering my two questions will help you understand where you stand.
18-10-2012, 11:38 PM
(10-09-2012 12:01 AM)Janus VI Wrote:  The life's goal in the universe is to control the universe.

Therefore:

God = the way, and the truth, and the life.

Prove it.
18-10-2012, 11:43 PM
(18-10-2012 11:38 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 12:01 AM)Janus VI Wrote:  The life's goal in the universe is to control the universe.

Therefore:

God = the way, and the truth, and the life.

Prove it.

Life could disappear 1 second after the genesis 3.5 billion years ago, but you can see that is not the case.

Therefore the WAY of the LIFE is live longer that one second, and that is the TRUTH.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
18-10-2012, 11:49 PM
(18-10-2012 11:43 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 11:38 PM)Julius Wrote:  Prove it.

Life could disappear 1 second after the genesis 3.5 billion years ago, but you can see that is not the case.

Therefore the WAY of the LIFE is live longer that one second, and that is the TRUTH.

In other words, all you have said is, "Woooo"!
18-10-2012, 11:56 PM
(18-10-2012 11:49 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 11:43 PM)Janus VI Wrote:  Life could disappear 1 second after the genesis 3.5 billion years ago, but you can see that is not the case.

In other words, all you have said is, "Woooo"!

What do you believe in?

Do you believe in life or death?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.