God (truth, real self) has no religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2016, 09:59 AM
RE: God (truth, real self) has no religion
(10-04-2016 07:56 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

More bullshit from the intro to philosophy crowd.

[Image: quote-everything-is-energy-and-that-is-a...-70-75.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2016, 10:00 AM
(09-04-2016 04:17 PM)Matheism Wrote:  Atheism is not founded on real observation of the ultimate facts of the universe.

Not in all cases, no. In most of those present here, yes, it very much is.

(09-04-2016 04:17 PM)Matheism Wrote:  Rather, it is a kind of adolescent development of the human species.

Gibberish.

(09-04-2016 04:17 PM)Matheism Wrote:  What characterizes the doctrine (or dogma) of atheism is not a discovery that there is no "God", but a refusal to acknowledge every kind of parent (or parent-like authority), including (therefore) the Parental "God" of childish "religion".

No.

(09-04-2016 04:17 PM)Matheism Wrote:  Atheism (or the conception that no "Creator-God" — or any other Greater Reality — exists) has always opposed theism (or "God-religion"). Nevertheless, atheistic ideas are the product of the same fundamental egoic consciousness that otherwise produces theistic (or conventional "religious") ideas.

Atheism is the product of the ego (or the phenomenal "self", grounded in elemental perception), and so also is theism. Atheism, like exoteric "God-religion", extends itself only into the domain of the first three stages of life — whereas esoteric "God-religion" provides a means for entering, mystically and Spiritually, into the developmental processes of the fourth stage of life and the fifth stage of life.

Gibberish.

(09-04-2016 04:17 PM)Matheism Wrote:  Atheism regularly proposes a "logic" of life that has its own dogmatic features. It does not propose a "God"-idea but, instead, founds itself on and in the perceptual and phenomenal mind alone.

Atheism concedes only a universal and ultimately indifferent (or merely lawful) cosmic Nature (not a "God") — and, so, there is no need to create a "religious creation-myth" to account for suffering. (And atheistic thinkers thus generally confine themselves to constructing a cosmology, based on material observations alone, that merely accounts for the apparent workings of the conditionally manifested events of cosmic Nature.)

Indeed, just as conventional "God-religion" (or conventional theism) arises to account for suffering, atheism arises on the basis of the unreserved acknowledgment of suffering. And, if there is no idea of "God", there is no idea of the human being as "creature" (or, in other words, the human being as the bearer of an immortal, or "God-like", "inner" part). Nor is there any need to interpret unfortunate or painful events as the "effects" of "Evil".

The problem of evil is not the only, or even the primary, argument presented in defense of atheism.

(09-04-2016 04:17 PM)Matheism Wrote:  Therefore, the atheistic "point of view" is characterized by the trend of mind called "realism", just as the conventional "religious" (or theistic) "point of view" is characterized by the trend of mind called "idealism" — but both atheism and theism arise on the basis of the "self"-contraction (or the ego of phenomenal "self"-consciousness), rather than on the basis of direct Intuition of the Real Self-Nature, Self-Condition, and Self-State That is Prior to separate "self" and its conventions of perception and thought.

Gibberish.

(09-04-2016 04:17 PM)Matheism Wrote:  The realistic (or atheistic) view is just as much the bearer of a myth (or a merely conceptual interpretation of the "world") as is the conventional "religious" (or theistic) view.

Prove it.

(09-04-2016 04:17 PM)Matheism Wrote:  Atheism (or conventional realism) is a state of mind which is based in the phenomenal "self" and which seeks the ultimate protection, nourishment, pleasure, and preservation of the phenomenal "self" (at least in this "world" and, if there should be an after-life, then also in any other "world").

No, atheism is the lack of belief in gods.

This is not complicated.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
10-04-2016, 10:01 AM
(09-04-2016 11:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "The moon is made of green cheese". Delusions 1:1
Be your mouse.

Nay. Be the cheese, Fullerene, be the cheese.

#sigh
10-04-2016, 10:02 AM
(10-04-2016 10:00 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No, atheism is the lack of belief in gods.

This is not complicated.

Then you have no existence, no argument, "This is not complicated."
10-04-2016, 10:03 AM
(10-04-2016 09:59 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  As I posted before, it's false.

religious people...
10-04-2016, 10:05 AM
(10-04-2016 10:03 AM)Matheism Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 09:59 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  As I posted before, it's false.

religious people...

This is not engaging in any form of discussion.

This reply borders on an insult.

You are not here to insult people, are you?

Consider
10-04-2016, 10:07 AM
(10-04-2016 10:02 AM)Matheism Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 10:00 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No, atheism is the lack of belief in gods.

This is not complicated.

Then you have no existence

Yes, we do.

(10-04-2016 10:02 AM)Matheism Wrote:  no argument

Yes, we do.

(10-04-2016 10:02 AM)Matheism Wrote:  "This is not complicated."

No, it isn't. But that doesn't seem to stop you from failing to understand.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
10-04-2016, 10:10 AM
(10-04-2016 10:07 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 10:02 AM)Matheism Wrote:  Then you have no existence

Yes, we do.

(10-04-2016 10:02 AM)Matheism Wrote:  no argument

Yes, we do.

(10-04-2016 10:02 AM)Matheism Wrote:  "This is not complicated."

No, it isn't. But that doesn't seem to stop you from failing to understand.

Which one do you believe?

A. Whether it is impossible that god exists
B. Whether it is possible that god exists
10-04-2016, 10:13 AM
(10-04-2016 10:05 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 10:03 AM)Matheism Wrote:  religious people...

This is not engaging in any form of discussion.

This reply borders on an insult.

You are not here to insult people, are you?

Consider

I can see the truth in any human beings... regardless of their religions.

Quote:“Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ~ Steven Weinberg
10-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Since you seem to have missed my previous replies to yours elf I''l let you catch up with them while I continue to try and engage you in conversation.

(10-04-2016 10:10 AM)Matheism Wrote:  Which one do you believe?

A. Whether it is impossible that god exists
B. Whether it is possible that god exists

I choose ( C ) That there has never been any sufficient evidence to show for any deity to exist.

Yes

You are welcome.

Edit:

(10-04-2016 10:13 AM)Matheism Wrote:  I can see the truth in any human beings... regardless of their religions.

That's nice.

Your sentences are developing/expanding slowly. This is a good sign. Yes

So... what is it that you define/think of as 'Truth'?

Smile