God (truth, real self) has no religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2016, 12:10 PM
RE: God (truth, real self) has no religion
(06-04-2016 04:11 PM)Matheism Wrote:  There is no god higher than truth (real self vs. false self)....

Thou you haven't been very clear. I think i have a slight grasp on your thoughts.

You think "truth" (be it what it may) is the subject of praise.

The problem with your philosophy is when refrenceing to a god/s you have to unpack all the defintions that come with it.

Truth has no qualifications of what may be referenced as a god. It is void of everything, that can be attributed to one.

Maybe if you clarifyed your postion better we might be able to have a conversation on it? Also what dose this have to do with creationism?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2016, 12:21 PM
(07-04-2016 12:10 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I think i have a slight grasp on your thoughts.

I suspect the main problem is that Matheist has a similar slight grasp on his thoughts.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
07-04-2016, 01:07 PM
(07-04-2016 12:21 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I suspect the main problem is that Matheist has a similar slight grasp on his thoughts.

He's too busy grasping something else...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
07-04-2016, 02:15 PM
(06-04-2016 07:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 07:29 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Fuck allah and your fucking prophet.

Fuck allah and your fucking prophet. Peace Piss be upon him.
Forgot that part.
Big Grin

fixt.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-04-2016, 03:21 PM
(07-04-2016 02:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 07:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Fuck allah and your fucking prophet. Peace Piss be upon him.
Forgot that part.
Big Grin

fixt.

Well.
At least some peas be upon him.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Oh FFS. What a waste of time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-04-2016, 05:05 PM
[Image: tumblr_lzk6namIDM1ql1zp4o3_500.gif]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
08-04-2016, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 03:28 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(07-04-2016 06:08 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-04-2016 06:04 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Ed Norton rulez!
Got a link with the complete movie?
Would make things a lot easier, ya know.

It's funny, I just re-read Fight Club and it is next up on my list of things to watch since I haven't seen it for a while. It is one of the rare cases where I think the movie was as good as the book.

One of my favorites combos is Starship Troopers. I think they're both great, even if the movie is a brutal satirical take-down of the book itself. Thumbsup

The book is old-school science fiction by Robert A. Heinlein, that falls in line with other writers of the era like Frank Herbert. Whereas the movie was directed by Paul Verhoeven, the man behind RoboCop and Total Recall; and Starship Trooper is every bit their equal. Plus since the film used so many practical effects and was sparing with it's CGI, it's one of those rare older movies where it still looks really good; just like the original Jurassic Park and Cameron's Titanic (which beat it that year for the Academy Award for special effects).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-04-2016, 02:52 AM
(08-04-2016 02:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-04-2016 06:08 AM)unfogged Wrote:  It's funny, I just re-read Fight Club and it is next up on my list of things to watch since I haven't seen it for a while. It is one of the rare cases where I think the movie was as good as the book.

One of my favorites combos is Starship Troopers. I think they're both great, even if the movie is a brutal satirical take-down of the book itself. Thumbsup

The book is old-school science fiction by Robert A. Heinlein, that falls in line with other writers of the era like Frank Herbert. Whereas the movie was directed by Paul Verhoeven, the man behind RoboCop and Total Recall; and Starship Trooper is every bit their equal. Plus since the film used so many practical effects and was sparing with it's CGI, it's one of those rare older movies where it still looks good; just like the original Jurassic Park and Cameron's Titanic (which beat it that year for the Academy Award for special effects).

Plus that babe Denise Richards is in it. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-04-2016, 03:21 AM
(08-04-2016 02:52 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Plus that babe Denise Richards is in it. Big Grin

You mean nuclear physicist Dr. Christmas Jones?

[Image: latest?cb=20130513145338]

(She won a Razzie for Worst Supporting Actress in 1999 for that one)

Yeah, that's her.

P.S. Dizzy Flores (Dina Meyers) was hotter.

[Image: tumblr_npl7ydtN8c1qgqolmo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post