God verse Satan death count

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2013, 08:45 PM
God verse Satan death count
Who is responsible for more deaths in the bible, God or Satan?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2013, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2013 07:18 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
RE: God verse Satan death count
I didn't bother to count, so I cut an paste this from an internet site... (http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Debunki...age22.htm)
I couldn't think of any that were actually killed by Satan in the bible, but this list reminded me of who he did kill. But it's funny (not really) that the only people Satan killed where with God's permission so that God could win a bet. So I don't know how much of those people's blood is on Satan's hands or God's.

Killed by God

? -- Drowned everyone in the whole world except for Noah and his family (Genesis 7)
1 -- Saltified Lot's wife (Genesis 19:26)
? -- Burned all of the people of Sodom and Gomorrah (except for "good" Lot who offered his virgin daughters to a mob of men and then slept with both of them himself later)
1 -- Slew Er, Judah's firstborn son (Genesis 38:7)
1 -- Killed Er's brother, Onan because he spilled semen on the ground so as not to conceive offspring for his brother's wife whom he was forced to marry (Genesis 38:9-10)
? -- The firstborn in all of Egypt (Exodus 12:29)
? -- Drowned the pharoah and all of his gang in the Red Sea (Exodus 14:26-28)
2 -- Nadab and Abihu for making a fire
? -- Burned some Jews for complaining
? -- Sent a plague against Jews for being greedy
11 -- Sent a plague on Jews who gave the chosen land a bad report
? -- Korah and other Jews who didn't like Moses
? -- The Lord causes the earth to open and swallow up the men and
their families because they had been rebellious (Numbers 16:27-33)
250 -- A fire from the Lord consumes 250 men (Numbers 16:35)
14,700 -- Sent a plague on Jews apparently for the hell of it (Numbers 16:49)
"many" -- Sent serpents on Jews (Numbers 21:6)
24,000 -- Plague killed Jews who followed Baal (Numbers 25:9)
? -- Philistines
50,070 -- Jews who looked in the ark of the covenant (1 Samuel 6:19)
1 -- Nabal for scorning David
1 -- Uzzah for touching the ark when trying to keep it from falling
1 -- David and Bathsheba's child
70,000 -- Sent a pestilence because David sinned (2 Samuel 24:15)
51 -- Fire from heaven consumes the prophets of Baal (2 Kings 1:10-12)
102 -- Sent fire down on Ahaziah's men
42 -- Sent bears to kill children who mocked Elisha (2 Kings 2:23-24)
? -- Sent lions to kill invaders
185,000 -- Assyrians (2 Kings 19:35)
80,000 -- Lots of bad Israelites

Killed on God's orders by his followers

? -- Jacob's sons killed every man in Shechem
3,000 -- Jews worshipping the golden calf (Exodus 32:27-29)
1 -- Man gathering wood on the Sabbath Day (Numbers 15:32-36)
? -- Canaan (Numbers 21:3)
? -- The Lord commands Moses to kill the people and expose them in broad daylight so that the Lord's anger may be turned away from Israel (Numbers 25:4)
? -- Took the city of Heshbon from the Amorites
? -- All of the people of Bashan
? -- All Midianites except for the virgin girls (Numbers 31:17-18)
? -- The Israelites destroy the men, women, and children of Sihon leaving no survivors after the Lord gave them over to them (Deuteronomy 2:33-34)
? -- The Israelites destroy the men, women, and children of Og after the Lord gave them over to them (Deuteronomy 3:6)
? -- Everyone in Jericho but Rahab, a hooker who betrayed her city (Joshua 6:21-27)
? -- Achan and his family (who had nothing to do with it) for stealing (Joshua 7:19-26)
12,000 -- Joshua utterly smites the people of Ai with the God's approval (Joshua 8:22-25)
? -- Everyone in the cities of Ai, Amalek, Makkedah, Libnath, Lachish, Egnolites,
Jarmuth, Geder, Hebronites, Debirites, Hormah, Arad, Addellam, Bethel,
Tappuah, Hepher, Apheh, Lasheron, Madon, Tasnach, Megiddo, Kedesh,
Jokneam, Dor, Goiim, Terzah, Gibeonites and all of the Amorites.
10,000 -- Canaanites of Bezek (Judges 1:4)
10,000 -- The Israelites kill the Moabites with the help of the Lord (Judges 3:29)
? -- The people of Jerusalem, Sheshai, Ahiman, and Talmai
? -- The people of Zephath, Gaza, Ashkelon, Ekron, and the king of Moab, Eglon.
? -- The army of Sisera and the men of Karkor
? -- Jephthah destroyed 20 cities
30 -- The Spirit of the Lord comes Samson and causes him to slay thirty men
(Judges 14:19)
1000 -- Under the Spirit of the Lord, Samson slays 1000 men with the jawbone of an ass (Judges 15:15)
3000 -- Samson, with the help of the Lord, pulls down the pillars of the Philistine house and causes his own death and that of 3000 other men and women (Judges 16: 27-30)
50,100 -- The men of the tribe of Benjamin (Judges 20:35, 43-48)
? -- The tribe of Jabesh-gilead
? -- The Ammonites, the Philistines and the Amelekites
331,269 -- David killed a whole bunch of people
3 -- Solomon killed a few people too
? -- All of Jeroboam's extended family
? -- All of Baasha's extended family
450 -- Prophets of Baal
793,000 -- All Jewish Baal-followers
127,000 -- Arameans slain by the Israelites with the help of the Lord (1 Kings 20:28-30)
1 -- Man who wouldn't strike a prophet
? -- Moabites
172 -- Jezebel, Ahab's sons, Joram, their priests, and their friends
142 -- Ahaziah's relatives
? -- The sacrifice of the firstborn of Israel so that the Lord might horrify them.
? -- All of Baal's followers
1 -- Athaliah for killing sons
1 -- Mattan the Baal priest
10,002 -- Edomites and two servents
? -- All of the pregnant women in Tirzah
20,000 -- Hezekiah killed a bunch of people
500,000 -- Israelites killed each other
50,000 -- Ethiopians
23,000 -- Seerites
510 -- Haman's army
75,300 -- More of the army

So the grand total comes to:

399,933 Killed by God
+ 2,017,956 Killed by God’s followers
= 2,417,889 + ? people killed by God and his followers under his orders PLUS an unknown amount which probably number into the millions, including the whole world at the time of Noah, and over 60 whole cities!

vs.

Killed by Satan

? -- Satan killed Job's children after God gave him permission to.

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
16-06-2013, 08:58 PM
I should probably add the few billion or so that God/Jesus still plans to kill at the end of the world.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
16-06-2013, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2013 09:16 PM by SingingBear.)
[edit: woops. didn't finish post before you had already replied w/good answers. couldn't delete]

Do you mean directly or indirectly?

I was taught to blame Satan for every human death, since his lie to Eve in the Garden of Eden led to sin and sin to death. Even the ones God killed, it could be argued that he would never have had to kill them if not for Satan?

If you're talking strictly headshots, does Satan even have a body count?

"The problem with faith is that it really is a conversation stopper. Faith is a declaration of immunity to the powers of conversation. It is a reason why you do not have to give reasons for what you believe." - Sam Harris
17-06-2013, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2013 04:29 AM by Free Thought.)
(16-06-2013 09:09 PM)SingingBear Wrote:  [edit: woops. didn't finish post before you had already replied w/good answers. couldn't delete]

I was taught to blame Satan for every human death, since his lie to Eve in the Garden of Eden led to sin and sin to death. Even the ones God killed, it could be argued that he would never have had to kill them if not for Satan?

Well that's a stupid excuse for your teacher to have told you.

Ultimately it still comes back to god; god allowed the 'deception' to happen in the first place; It created the means, the method, the object and the mouthpiece and set it in motion so that it would occur, therefore god allowed sin and thus, god allowed death.

Geez, what poor reasoning on their part..

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
17-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Actually neither, but for the sake of this thread......God.
17-06-2013, 06:19 AM
(17-06-2013 06:08 AM)Juv Wrote:  Actually neither, but for the sake of this thread......God.

It would certainly help the sake of competition if they existed...

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
17-06-2013, 07:22 AM
(17-06-2013 06:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-06-2013 06:08 AM)Juv Wrote:  Actually neither, but for the sake of this thread......God.

It would certainly help the sake of competition if they existed...

It's like with any "good" book of fiction, you have to suspend disbelief if you want to enjoy it.

17-06-2013, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2013 08:31 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
(17-06-2013 04:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(16-06-2013 09:09 PM)SingingBear Wrote:  [edit: woops. didn't finish post before you had already replied w/good answers. couldn't delete]

Well that's a stupid excuse for your teacher to have told you.

Ultimately it still comes back to god; god allowed the 'deception' to happen in the first place; It created the means, the method, the object and the mouthpiece and set it in motion so that it would occur, therefore god allowed sin and thus, god allowed death.

Geez, what poor reasoning on their part..

Seriously, right? Here's a tree, I could put it safely anywhere else in the world, or ideal simply not even bother to make it but will anyway for some reason, and I'll place it right here, but don't eat it, and don't disobey me, even though you have no idea what that word even means yet, now I'm going to turn my back even though I know there is this snake here (that the bible never says is Satan, but we'll just decide that it is) and I already knew what is about to happen before I even made you, but I'll be mad at you about it anyway, even though I'm to only one who could have reasonably changed this out come by simple not making the tree. But nonetheless, I will blame you and every decedent of you for all of time, and Satan, but I will never take personal responsibility for my choice that I've knowingly made, more knowingly in fact than you could have ever made...even though I've clearly orchestrated this whole farce.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
17-06-2013, 08:13 AM
God had a better PR department, he employs millions to promote and confuse. Poor Satan has but a few loyal followers and a very small budget.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Northern Syria Experiences Stoning to Death JDog554 18 233 13-08-2014 06:41 AM
Last Post: Ace
  The Satan Argument cre8ivmind 19 488 03-08-2014 09:31 PM
Last Post: Diogenes of Mayberry
  Sudanese Mother Sentenced to Death for Apostasy and Adultery Michael_Tadlock 8 184 27-06-2014 05:17 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Sudan woman faces death for apostasy The Germans are coming 7 243 15-05-2014 09:43 AM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys
  Shouldn't Satan be the guy we worship? Shadow Fox 13 325 03-05-2014 06:26 PM
Last Post: Sam
  death penalty okay'ed for children- Islam- Maldives Bows and Arrows 5 161 01-05-2014 11:43 AM
Last Post: Thinkerbelle
  Why are Atheists afraid of death? Leefboy 163 3,506 20-04-2014 05:48 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills