God vs Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2013, 02:38 PM
God vs Science
Tonight on Stossel: Science vs God. Lawerence Krauss, Michael Shermer and Bill Nye The Science Guy square off against apologists Dinesh D'Souza and Ian Hutchinson.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: God vs Science
I could only watch 3 min of this. D'Souza annoys me

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
26-07-2013, 03:48 PM
The Muslim segment was interesting. It's scary tho to rhink our country could become so backward. I hope not.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

26-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else actually feel sick when they watch these apologetics? My stomach churns and I want to throw up. Some people are just hopelessly stupid and will never say an intelligent thing in their life.........D'Souza.

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
26-07-2013, 05:35 PM
(26-07-2013 02:51 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I could only watch 3 min of this. D'Souza annoys me

Yeah I'm about 3 minutes in now...D'Souza has already claimed that religion can rival science in the pursuit of knowledge. ROFL.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
27-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Nye said something like, "we don't just make this stuff up". Well he is wrong about that. I have often heard scientist and physicists claim that the universe "exploded" from a singularity(what ever that is) in an event we call the big bang.

The singularity which banged is a complete fiction. It is something made up to explain a gap in our knowledge. The big bang theory claims the universe was hotter and denser in the past. There is a tremendous amount of evidence to support big bang theory. However, Big Bang theory doesn't make any claims about what banged or why it banged. It can't because our physics breaks down at the planck temperature. I find it comical when an atheists will cite the singularity/big bang as the origin of the universe and in the next breath berate a creationist for believing a fiction when the big bang singularity is also a fiction.
27-07-2013, 01:22 AM
(26-07-2013 02:38 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Tonight on Stossel: Science vs God. Lawerence Krauss, Michael Shermer and Bill Nye The Science Guy square off against apologists Dinesh D'Souza and Ian Hutchinson.

Without looking at this vid, the other side loses. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user