Godless Bitches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2012, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012 10:20 AM by Lilith Pride.)
Godless Bitches
I recently decided to go ahead and try out the godless bitches podcast sponsored by ACA (same as atheist experience). When I first heard about it, I of course was bothered by the bitches part cause I'm a cat (isn't that the only reason to care?) =p Now that I've started to listen to a few starting with episode 1.8 which was about genital mutilation, I'm as impressed as I have been with the other ACA shows. There is a good amount of gender discussion and inclusion of intersex/transsexual issues. This show is a great example of the serious feminist movement that exists and is undermined by the sensationalist version of feminism. They make a lot of great arguments generally focusing on equality and preventing the sexual segregation constantly harked back to. I think that those who havent listened to this should definitely check it out, I'm sure you all know at least the atheist experience.

I'm sure this isn't the first thread on it but I feel like giving our community that extra push to go check it out. They discuss issues very broadly and there is a lot to get out of this program. All those guys on here who have that huge issue with feminism should check this out, maybe they'll be able to see bit of what the actual serious struggle is about. It's so uncommon that they get to experience anything past the sensationalism.

http://godlessbitches.podbean.com/

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
16-07-2012, 10:11 AM
RE: Godless Bitches
(16-07-2012 10:08 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  ... cause I'm a cat
Big Grin

I'm sorry, I got that far, and I got infected by the giggles.

Oh, and... http://godlessbitches.podbean.com/

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-07-2012, 10:18 AM
oh yeah, thanks for actually linking =p sometimes I see a string and I just forget I'm typing =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post
17-07-2012, 01:12 AM
I actually haven't seen any of their episodes. xD I've been meaning to but I just haven't been that intrested in listing.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
17-07-2012, 02:12 AM
I love their podcast, and I support the feminists. A girl I'm seeing right now is a feminist atheist, and it's pretty amazing.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
17-07-2012, 06:45 AM
It's a great podcast just like the Atheist Experience and Non Prophets.........

But then I have a podcast addiction...........
17-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Well a lot of the others arent so great. The ACA really has a great group of speakers.

17-07-2012, 07:15 AM
I love this podcast. It took me awhile of watching old Atheist Experience episodes to finally look into Non-Prophets and now Godless Bitches, but I love those sometimes even more for their news topic focus.

I'm gladly following this frequently now; plus It's got one of my top 3 A.E. members in Tracie Harris.. Plus something about Beth's twang always puts a smile on my face.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
17-07-2012, 08:11 AM
until now i refused to listen to them, because it is feminist and I find most feminists annoying and ridiculous. I am not sure about them but I am simply afraid that they will also annoy me with non-existent problems.
Although I heard Tracy (is that her name? the thin one with dark hair) and I found her very smart and liked what she said.

Generally: I support movements that help minorities etc, but at least in the western world, woman fought and got to their rights, the rest will sort itself out in a matter of time. I Would find it more useful to have feminist movements in Egypt, Syria, China, etc... not here, not on tv or on radio, active where it needs to be.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
17-07-2012, 08:15 AM
(17-07-2012 08:11 AM)Leela Wrote:  until now i refused to listen to them, because it is feminist and I find most feminists annoying and ridiculous. I am not sure about them but I am simply afraid that they will also annoy me with non-existent problems.
Although I heard Tracy (is that her name? the thin one with dark hair) and I found her very smart and liked what she said.

Generally: I support movements that help minorities etc, but at least in the western world, woman fought and got to their rights, the rest will sort itself out in a matter of time. I Would find it more useful to have feminist movements in Egypt, Syria, China, etc... not here, not on tv or on radio, active where it needs to be.
I understand your point, but I do think we need a rear-guard for feminist and other movements since there are still unreconstructed cretins among us.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]