Godly speculation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Godly speculation
ConfusedI got to wondering... is it possible that the effort of creating an entropic, causal, three dimensional universe caused all of the other dimensions to curl up upon themselves? Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2015, 01:32 PM
RE: Godly speculation
Sort of a quantum "there goes the neighborhood" sort of thing?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-01-2015, 01:41 PM
(26-01-2015 01:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Sort of a quantum "there goes the neighborhood" sort of thing?

Je ne sais quoi. I'm too stupid to understand. I was wondering the perimeters of creation. Big Grin

living word
26-01-2015, 03:15 PM
The act of creation circumscribing a god to another dimension? To where it's effects are no longer felt or evidenced in this universe?

The universe does seem to be without any supernatural first-cause or prime mover.

Though I would make a simpler assumption and state that no such first-cause ever existed.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
26-01-2015, 03:41 PM
(26-01-2015 03:15 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  The act of creation circumscribing a god to another dimension? To where it's effects are no longer felt or evidenced in this universe?

Hold up, now. Perhaps the emotional impact felt by believers is an artifact of these extra dimensions. Because we effect three dimensions does not necessary limit our affect to three dimensions. Tongue

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-01-2015, 04:07 PM
I do hope they never confirm the existence of other dimensions - or, men will face the inevitable, unanswerable question from women ---

"Does THIS dimension make my butt look big??"

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 13 users Like onlinebiker's post
27-01-2015, 04:16 AM
I could see people unknowingly calling the microwave background radiation, god. It's in every direction you point in and if people feel a warm sensation, maybe they are feeling a little bit of that faint radiation.

Highly unlikely I know, but hey if we're throwing out ideas which more than likely aren't true, there is mine.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
27-01-2015, 05:10 AM
Nonsense. We are just a bunch of bacteria type creatures, living in someone's body, which we consider the universe. Lots of flora and fauna in there, which we consider beautiful.

Our host gets gas, we have natural disasters. Our host is our god.

If we gobble up all the flora and fauna, our host won't be able to digest anything and die. And so will we. End of story.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
27-01-2015, 07:38 AM
There is a science fiction story out there somewhere though I forget the name. The idea is that human kind wakes up one day to find an event horizon outside the solar system. Just nothing out there. No stars. No galaxies. Over time they come to learn that the collapse of quantum wave functions isn't real, at least not for anyone outside our species. We were causing it all along, forcing reality down a single path and destroying everything else. The further our telescopes looked the further our path of destruction spread. The neighbours declared us toxic and put up a wall to defend themselves from our attacks.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
30-01-2015, 03:18 PM
(26-01-2015 03:15 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  The act of creation circumscribing a god to another dimension? To where it's effects are no longer felt or evidenced in this universe?

The universe does seem to be without any supernatural first-cause or prime mover.

Though I would make a simpler assumption and state that no such first-cause ever existed.

I'm asking because I have guesses but not all the info - I'd like to learn more about cosmology, I think you're wrong, but I'd like to hear more of the science in lay terms from you:

The universe has no prime mover - but either was a big bang infinite singularity that was not moved by an external or internal catalyst to expand to become the known universe? Or is it a steady state/oscillating thing composed of matter and energy - that was composed without having been composed despite the conservation of matter and energy?

Also, and this is more of a philosophical aside, if science demonstrated that there was a prime mover, would you ascribe the prime mover's powers to be near-omnipotence (from our finite, human perspective) and worship the prime mover?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.