Gods evil word

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Gods evil word
Gods word

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)
"Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses." (1 Samuel 15:3)
"You shall not let a sorceress live." (Exodus 22:18)
"Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." (Psalm 137:9)
"When the men would not listen to his host, the husband seized his concubine and thrust her outside to them. They had relations with her and abused her all night until the following dawn, when they let her go. Then at daybreak the woman came and collapsed at the entrance of the house in which her husband was a guest, where she lay until the morning. When her husband rose that day and opened the door of the house to start out again on his journey, there lay the woman, his concubine, at the entrance of the house with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, 'Come, let us go'; but there was no answer. So the man placed her on an ass and started out again for home." (Judges 19:25-28)
"And the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity." (Romans 1:27)
"Jephthah made a vow to the Lord. 'If you deliver the Ammonites into my power,' he said, 'whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites shall belong to the Lord. I shall offer him up as a holocaust.' ... When Jephthah returned to his house in Mizpah, it was his daughter who came forth, playing the tambourines and dancing. She was an only child: he had neither son nor daughter besides her. When he saw her, he rent his garments and said, 'Alas, daughter, you have struck me down and brought calamity upon me. For I have made a vow to the Lord and I cannot retract'." (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)
"Then God said: 'Take your son Isaac, your only one, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah. There you shall offer him up as a holocaust on a height that I will point out to you'."(Genesis 22:2)
"Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)
"Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Craig's post
11-01-2013, 03:26 AM
RE: Gods evil word
Clearly you're taking that out of context. God is perfect. Anything he does is perfect. Anything he commands is perfect. If it seems to be imperfect to us it is because we are imperfect and cannot comprehend his perfection with our imperfect minds.

Now, if your "Craig" is the infamous William Lane Craig, what I wrote would be your own nutjob meaningless answer to the text you posted. Oh, and you'd be a lying POS for saying this crap, making money spouting this crap, while not believing a word of it.

I hope you're not that Craig.

And welcome to the forum!

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
11-01-2013, 03:34 AM
Nice quotes.

Thumbsup

Consider

Morality is contingent and subjective, we're told.

So, what's the problem?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-01-2013, 06:32 AM
Ah, don't you guys love these *supposed ramblings of a war god?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
11-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Yes I love them, especially the ones about women being silent...I'm a woman who can't shut the fuck up enough to be a Christian! Plus I've grown rather fond of thinking for myself. Atheism rocks!

Godless in the Magnolia State
11-01-2013, 01:49 PM
(11-01-2013 01:48 PM)cjs Wrote:  Yes I love them, especially the ones about women being silent...I'm a woman who can't shut the fuck up enough to be a Christian! Plus I've grown rather fond of thinking for myself.

Then you must be a witch. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-01-2013, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 02:59 PM by Dark Light.)
(11-01-2013 03:26 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Clearly you're taking that out of context. God is perfect. Anything he does is perfect. Anything he commands is perfect. If it seems to be imperfect to us it is because we are imperfect and cannot comprehend his perfection with our imperfect minds.

Now, if your "Craig" is the infamous William Lane Craig, what I wrote would be your own nutjob meaningless answer to the text you posted. Oh, and you'd be a lying POS for saying this crap, making money spouting this crap, while not believing a word of it.

I hope you're not that Craig.

And welcome to the forum!
That was AWESOME Big Grin

Chas Wrote:Then you must be a witch. Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information Gods and Magic Adrianime 18 228 23-07-2014 03:22 PM
Last Post: Adrianime
  Newest Accusation For Proof That Atheists Are Evil: Dr. Kevorkian Was Atheist! WindyCityJazz 3 121 22-07-2014 07:54 PM
Last Post: Smercury44
  There is no such thing as evil Jeremy E Walker 170 2,893 24-06-2014 07:40 AM
Last Post: Winterwolf00
  Oi! Aussies! Spread The Word... DLJ 54 919 21-06-2014 09:01 PM
Last Post: DLJ
  Vatican hosts Islamic prayers, Christians show their evil. JDog554 19 330 08-06-2014 11:44 AM
Last Post: JDog554
  The gods and super natural evidence thread Leo 22 465 03-06-2014 01:04 PM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Why do theists accept an evil act if something good happens from it ? Rahn127 17 381 22-05-2014 09:43 AM
Last Post: Aseptic Skeptic