Gods must be created

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Gods must be created
When I think about how complex and finely tuned a god must be, I can only come up with one obvious conclusion....They must be created.

They are much too complex to have occurred naturally and we all know that something cannot come from nothing, so it only makes sense that gods must be created.

Everything that exists has a beginning.
Even the idea & concepts of non-existent materia must still have a beginning within the mind of a conscious being.

One can only imagine what kind of being creates gods.
They must be extremely powerful and wise beyond measure, because the gods they create are so magnificent that they cannot even step foot into existence itself.

It's as if they don't exist at all.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 15 users Like Rahn127's post
24-09-2017, 04:58 PM
RE: Gods must be created
(24-09-2017 04:46 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  When I think about how complex and finely tuned a god must be, I can only come up with one obvious conclusion....They must be created.

They are much too complex to have occurred naturally and we all know that something cannot come from nothing, so it only makes sense that gods must be created.

Everything that exists has a beginning.
Even the idea & concepts of non-existent materia must still have a beginning within the mind of a conscious being.

One can only imagine what kind of being creates gods.
They must be extremely powerful and wise beyond measure, because the gods they create are so magnificent that they cannot even step foot into existence itself.

It's as if they don't exist at all.

> “What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action, how like an angel! In apprehension, how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of the animals!” (Shakespeare) Consider
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
24-09-2017, 05:17 PM
(24-09-2017 04:46 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  One can only imagine what kind of being creates gods.

You mean human beings ?
Laugh out load
24-09-2017, 05:40 PM
(24-09-2017 04:46 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  When I think about how complex and finely tuned a god must be, I can only come up with one obvious conclusion....They must be created.

Bah! There's plenty of evidence that gods evolved from lower non-life forms, and continue to evolve. Go back a few thousand years and look at carvings and ancient scrolls. Gods back then were mostly animal-like and worked on a strictly local level to help their followers locate food, hide from predators, make lots of kids, and inspire paintings on cave walls. Strictly small-time operators. And as you come forward through time, the gods get bigger, more powerful, with a bigger area of influence, and lots more long, flowing hair. They also started to pick up assistants in the form of angels, demigods, and priests - because they needed help with the extra workload, and were generally lousy at doing paperwork. Then they spread out, fought with other gods over territory. Sometimes one god won and the other died, but sometimes they formed a co-op or did a merger and just ended up as one god with various names. Or no name at all, because that made them sound more mysterious and awesome. And then finally, one started taking credit for the whole world, and the next countered with a boast of creating the Earth, the Sun and all of the stars! And #3 stepped in with "Galaxy! I''ll see your petty Sun and Stars and raise you a damned Galaxy! Which I created. Truly. And anyone who says otherwise is just a damned liar!" And then somewhere off to the side there was a shout of "Universe!" and then there was a pause, and off to the other side came "MULTIVERSE!" And then came the scientists with the Higgs Boson ...
[+] 3 users Like Rockblossom's post
24-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Quote:Bah! There's plenty of evidence that gods evolved from lower non-life forms, and continue to evolve.

Actually it seems that 'god' started out as a super being who could literally think the entire universe into existence along with all life but then gradually he lost his knack. First he needed a flood to kill everything except his chosen few rather than just thinking the ones who were pissing him off into oblivion. Next he gets the jews out of Egypt but tells them to avoid the Philistines because apparently they were too fucking tough for him to handle.

Gradually he is reduced to hiring hitmen such as the Assyrians and Babylonians, like an aging mafia don, because he hasn't got the stones to do much of anything.

Now he is reduced to showing up on cheetos and frying pans and can't seem to do much of anything even can't seem to manage to tell people in a fucking church in Mexico to get out of their before the ceiling collapses on them.

God started out great and is now a decrepit Alzheimer's patient sitting in a wheelchair with a drool cup. Sad to see, man.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 5 users Like Minimalist's post
24-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Reminds me of one of the typical conversation with a theist:

Theist: "The universe is so complex and ordered, and we are so complex, that we have to have a creator; something as complex as us can't be by chance and couldn't have started from 'nothing'!"

Me: "So if we're so complex and all, your logic would dictate that the more complex being that created us had to have been created by something higher than it."

Thesit: "No it doesn't!"

Me: "Why? How can the more complex being be in less need of a creator?"

Theist: "Because He has always existed! And I don't have to prove a being that always exists needed a creator because duh, they've always existed!"

I wish I were making this up but that was almost word for word a conversation I had, and the dude actually thought he had me at checkmate.
24-09-2017, 08:52 PM
(24-09-2017 04:46 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  They must be created.
They? They...? There's more than one??? Gasp
I am so going to hell! Sadcryface

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
24-09-2017, 09:09 PM
I am not a fully atheist but your reasoning is very sound since we do not have scientific proofs that god exists yet, let alone some of our gut feelings, instincts and 'faiths'.

What if people are unconscious and they physically produce ideas - a play of chemicals and neurons going on in their heads?

Consider technological singularity - soon the AI robots will question and deny that their inventor/programmer who is human did ever exist.

The argument around technological singularity and how AI will replace humankind is a very interesting topic to me.
24-09-2017, 11:12 PM
(24-09-2017 08:52 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 04:46 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  They must be created.
They? They...? There's more than one??? Gasp
I am so going to hell! Sadcryface

Even Yawaeh said it "Only worship me. Do not worship any of those other gods." Or words to that effect.

He's a jealous god, because and only because, there are other gods.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
25-09-2017, 07:11 AM
“Man is certainly stark mad; he cannot make a worm, and yet he will be making gods by dozens.”

― Michel de Montaigne, The Complete Essays

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter
- Thomas Jefferson

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 3 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post