Gods not dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2015, 03:33 PM
RE: Gods not dead
(16-03-2015 06:50 AM)d3lano Wrote:  I watched this movie today (gods not dead) and i wonder what everybody else who watched it thought.
I am incredibly angry at the complete and utter bullshit this movie brings into the world.
I actually get really really mad.

It is ok to get mad, that is a good motivator to use your own voice, having said that, humans gap filling with bad claims is an unfortunate flaw in our evolution, it is going to happen to some degree with portions of the world's populations in every religion.

Having emotions is normal, it is how you react in using them that is important. Mad to the point of responding, fine, even with blasphemy and bluntness. Mad to the point of getting physical or mob rule or oppression is not ok.

Bad claims piss me off too.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2015, 08:19 PM
A religious group petitioned our secular student group to come see it on campus, saying it would, "be a good way to open dialogue between us." He kept saying that he just wanted us to come and see it and discuss it and open our eyes and theirs.

We kicked him off our webpage.

I'm in a state that is already hostile to this, I'm not going into a place where there are a bunch of religious nuts watching a movie where the atheist is a horrible caricature and asking for a civil discussion. I'm not that dumb.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
16-03-2015, 08:21 PM
I've seen the trailer for the movie and some parts of it. I don't want to waste time watching this crap when I could be doing something far more important instead.
Btw there are no atheists in that movie if I remember correctly, only people that are mad at god
16-03-2015, 09:22 PM
yeah, it is pretty much just a terrible argument that slams atheists ( or so they think ) that even a lot of Christians do not even like.

How can you hate someone who doesn't exist? THAT was the major irrefutable gotcha moment? Are you fucking kidding me?!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
16-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Self serving Christian propaganda.

I've taken shits that were more thought provoking.
17-03-2015, 12:09 AM
(16-03-2015 09:22 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  How can you hate someone who doesn't exist? THAT was the major irrefutable gotcha moment? Are you fucking kidding me?!

It's funny, cause the thing features a whole host of easily hate-able characters.

It's freakin self-refuting.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.