Godship

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 10:38 AM
RE: Godship
(05-03-2014 09:11 PM)laijorad Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 09:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Why did he used to appear (according to legend) but does not now?

The legends are lying ,God never appeared to anyone. He sends messengers. If God comes everything will be over. Those who believed in him in absent are the winners. He gave many clear signs of his existent .

In the Christian Bible this is John 20:29 I think. Blessed are those who have not seen yet believe. I kid you not, this verse became my favorite when I still believed in Santa Clause...
I thought it meant I would get more presents.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
06-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Damn... I missed this thread.
Looks like it woulda been fun Sad

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
06-03-2014, 10:50 AM
(05-03-2014 08:19 PM)laijorad Wrote:  You people say there is no God, And am asking have you been everywhere and found no God ?

Excuse me but isn't your fucking god supposed to be "everywhere?" Please tell me where I can go to avoid him. That would be my idea of heaven.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
06-03-2014, 10:51 AM
(06-03-2014 06:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Humans have worshiped many idols they took for Gods. But only one has claimed Godship. The Flying Spaghetti Monster. No other than him has ever claimed his God or even sent someone with such a claim.

If you found something that I have lost, Than I came to you and claimed ownership ,When no one else did, And gave proves . What would you say?

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only claimer, and he proved his claim.

To prove that there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster, You must disapprove his claim . And to do that you must explore the whole universe , If you found no Flying Spaghetti Monster, No paradise (a wild land containing beer volcanoes and a stripper factory). or Hell, (a wild land containing volcanoes serving warm, stale beer and a stripper factory where the strippers have STDs and penguins are everywhere). Than you can sleep well.
-_-
Penguins are cool! I refuse to acknowledge a heaven without penguins or a hell with penguins.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
06-03-2014, 10:51 AM
(06-03-2014 10:38 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 09:11 PM)laijorad Wrote:  The legends are lying ,God never appeared to anyone. He sends messengers. If God comes everything will be over. Those who believed in him in absent are the winners. He gave many clear signs of his existent .

In the Christian Bible this is John 20:29 I think. Blessed are those who have not seen yet believe. I kid you not, this verse became my favorite when I still believed in Santa Clause...
I thought it meant I would get more presents.

I need to remember this verse when people try to convince me the bible values evidence.
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
06-03-2014, 10:57 AM
(06-03-2014 10:50 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 08:19 PM)laijorad Wrote:  You people say there is no God, And am asking have you been everywhere and found no God ?

Excuse me but isn't your fucking god supposed to be "everywhere?" Please tell me where I can go to avoid him. That would be my idea of heaven.

[Image: fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg]
06-03-2014, 11:01 AM
(06-03-2014 10:21 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 10:01 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It's not racist to hate religious extremists. I was objecting to your choice of wording. As Revenant77x pointed out, there are plenty of bad things you could have said that get the point across.

Really, you object to my wording? Well, I wouldnt want to hurt your tender sensibilities.

I must be in the wrong forum, I could have sworn that what I said is mild in comparison to most of the heated debates in here, with some pretty profound name calling going on.Including, I might add some very racist shit.

But now we cant be doing that to some militant islamist now can we?

Unless you see an inaccurate subject matter that I claim as truth, I dont really need you kids correcting what I intended to put forth as my opinion.

If you dont like my choice of wording, then dont use them, but dont tell me what to do or how I should think.

We done here ?

I am sorry, I genuinely like you, but the racist shit you spewed earlier is offensive to so many people not just religious extremists. That kind of talk disgusts me and makes you look like an asshole instead of the intelligent person we know you are.

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
06-03-2014, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 12:00 PM by Free.)
(05-03-2014 06:35 PM)laijorad Wrote:  
Humans have worshiped many idols they took for Gods. But only one has claimed Godship. The God of Adam , Noah and Abraham (pbut). No other than him has ever claimed his God or even sent someone with such a claim.

If you found something that I have lost, Than I came to you and claimed ownership ,When no one else did, And gave proves . What would you say?

God is the only claimer, and he proved his claim.

To prove that there is no God, You must disapprove his claim . And to do that you must explore the whole universe , If you found no God ,No paradise or Hell, Than you can sleep well.

Firstly, you are a Muslim, so welcome to the forum. We don't get all that many Muslims here.

You say that we need to prove that there is no God, but you must understand that first you must prove the God exists BEFORE we can prove he does not exist.

If there is no proof that God exists, how do we prove God does not exist?

When humans say "God exists" they must prove it. It is not for us to prove God does not exist, but instead it is for YOU to prove God does exist, you understand?

Allow me to give you an example:

Let us pretend that you and me have entered into an empty room, and then you say:

You say: There is a chair in the middle of the room.
I say: I cannot see a chair in the middle of the room, therefore there is no chair in the middle of the room.
You say: Prove there is no chair in the middle of the room:
I say: Go sit on the chair and show me that the chair exists.

But you cannot sit on the chair because it is not existing. Therefore, the chair does not exist.

It is the same with Allah. Like the chair, you must prove Allah exists. It is not up to me or anyone else to prove Allah does not exist because how can we do that? If something does not have proof to exist, it does not exist.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
06-03-2014, 11:54 AM
You can't disprove an unproved god for the same reason you cannot untie a knot that was never tied.
[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post
06-03-2014, 11:56 AM
(06-03-2014 10:21 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Including, I might add some very racist shit.
Then don't be surprised if people call you out for being a racist.

Look buddy trash Islam and other religions all you want but passing on insults like "sand nigger" and "towelhead" is incredibly racist to anyone who is not *cough* a white person.Dodgy

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post