Godship

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: Godship
(05-03-2014 07:48 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 06:35 PM)laijorad Wrote:  To prove that there is no God, You must disapprove his claim .

[Image: i_disapprove.jpg]

FUCK, if only it were ALWAYS that easy...

Ha! I missed that!

So... checkmate, atheists?

(05-03-2014 07:51 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
RobbyPants Wrote:If YHWH wanted me to take him seriously, he would have made himself nonfalsifiable.
I think you meant falsifiable.

Actually I meant wouldn't have made himself nonfalsifiable, but yeah, same thing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 07:55 PM
So are we gonna get response from our guest?
05-03-2014, 07:55 PM
(05-03-2014 07:50 PM)natachan Wrote:  Too incoherent; didn't read.

Google Translate doesn't handle Jackass to English very well at all, does it?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
05-03-2014, 07:59 PM
(05-03-2014 06:44 PM)donotwant Wrote:  [Image: da1b3e48f5f88ffe9d8b8274d799f5c8d26f28d4...58b977.jpg]

Do you speak Arabic or Greek ....... my words are clear,,,,, Ignorant
05-03-2014, 08:11 PM
(05-03-2014 07:44 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 06:35 PM)laijorad Wrote:  
Humans have worshiped many idols they took for Gods. But only one has claimed Godship. The God of Adam , Noah and Abraham (pbut). No other than him has ever claimed his God or even sent someone with such a claim.

I'm pretty sure there were plenty of other entities that people claimed were gods. Just a few off the top of my head:
  • Zeus
  • Anubis
  • Odin
  • Osiris
  • Aphrodite
  • Thor
  • Loki
  • Vishnu
  • The Flying Spaghetti Monster

So far, YHWH isn't standing out among these others.

(05-03-2014 06:35 PM)laijorad Wrote:  God is the only claimer, and he proved his claim.

How exactly did he "prove" this claim? I can guarantee you that any evidence or proof you provide will rely on you assuming YHWH exists in the first place, and that's not compelling.

Let me give you an example: I'll assume Aphrodite exists. The world is beautiful. Such a beautiful world couldn't exist without the goddess of beauty making it so. Ergo: Aphrodite exists.

(05-03-2014 06:35 PM)laijorad Wrote:  To prove that there is no God, You must disapprove his claim . And to do that you must explore the whole universe , If you found no God ,No paradise or Hell, Than you can sleep well.

Or you can be like most of us, and simply not believe in it out of a lack of evidence! For instance, I can't prove that there's not an invisible pink unicorn in your living room, but I'm also not going to believe in it until you give me a compelling reason to. If you ask me how many gods there are, I promise you I won't say "zero"; I'll say "I don't know" or "the answer to that is unknowable".

So, no, we don't need to disprove YHWH to not take him seriously. If YHWH wanted me to take him seriously, he wouldn't have made himself nonfalsifiable.

Edit: stupid typo. would -> wouldn't

I said that Allah or Yahweh claimed his God ,Zeus or Aphrodite did not because their false Gods Name one God other than Allah made such claim.
05-03-2014, 08:18 PM
....... my words are ,,,,, Ignorant
[/quote]

fixed!

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-03-2014, 08:19 PM
You people say there is no God, And am asking have you been everywhere and found no God ?
05-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Godship
Apparently Google Translate is doesn't do well translating Cylon to English.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
05-03-2014, 08:20 PM
(05-03-2014 08:11 PM)laijorad Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 07:44 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'm pretty sure there were plenty of other entities that people claimed were gods. Just a few off the top of my head:
  • Zeus
  • Anubis
  • Odin
  • Osiris
  • Aphrodite
  • Thor
  • Loki
  • Vishnu
  • The Flying Spaghetti Monster

So far, YHWH isn't standing out among these others.

How exactly did he "prove" this claim? I can guarantee you that any evidence or proof you provide will rely on you assuming YHWH exists in the first place, and that's not compelling.

Let me give you an example: I'll assume Aphrodite exists. The world is beautiful. Such a beautiful world couldn't exist without the goddess of beauty making it so. Ergo: Aphrodite exists.

Or you can be like most of us, and simply not believe in it out of a lack of evidence! For instance, I can't prove that there's not an invisible pink unicorn in your living room, but I'm also not going to believe in it until you give me a compelling reason to. If you ask me how many gods there are, I promise you I won't say "zero"; I'll say "I don't know" or "the answer to that is unknowable".

So, no, we don't need to disprove YHWH to not take him seriously. If YHWH wanted me to take him seriously, he wouldn't have made himself nonfalsifiable.

Edit: stupid typo. would -> wouldn't

I said that Allah or Yahweh claimed his God ,Zeus or Aphrodite did not because their false Gods Name one God other than Allah made such claim.

What you said....it isn't even fucking coherent.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Godship
Guys, lay off the OP. Godship is connected to the thigh bone. The thighbone. Godsthighbone connected to the kneebone. Godskneebone connected to the legbone.

Now: Hear the word of The Lord.

http://youtu.be/e54m6XOpRgU

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 8 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post