Godship

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: Godship
[Image: 3omzy8.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
17-03-2014, 10:21 PM
(17-03-2014 09:36 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 09:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ape, not a monkey. Humans don't have tails.

Cladistically speaking, ape is a proper subset of monkey.
Tongue

Fuck the tight-assed, prissy, finicky, precious cladists. They can stuff their OCD up their clades.

Seriously, their shit is about as useful as applying Linnaean classification to fossils.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2014, 10:22 PM
My bird says hi.
17-03-2014, 10:24 PM
(17-03-2014 09:57 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 09:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  In the same way Dogs are a subset of wolves.

Yes. And birds are dinosaurs.

We're still saddled with the old Linnaean paraphyletic nomenclature, unfortunately. There's no good word for the categories which used to be parallel but are now subordinate.

Ah, I see we are in basic agreement. However, I expressed it much more poetically. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-03-2014, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2014 10:28 PM by Logisch.)
(05-03-2014 06:35 PM)laijorad Wrote:  
Humans have worshiped many idols they took for Magical Transdimensional Unicorns. But only one has claimed Magical Transdimensional Unicornsship. The Magical Transdimensional Unicorn of Susan , Grunt and Buzabeeb. No other than him has ever claimed his Magical Transdimensional Unicornship or even sent someone with such a claim.

If you found something that I have lost, Than I came to you and claimed ownership ,When no one else did, And gave proves . What would you say?

The Magical Transdimensional Unicorn is the only claimer, and he proved his claim.

To prove that there is no Magical Transdimensional Unicorns, You must disapprove his claim . And to do that you must explore the whole universe , If you found no Magical Transdimensional Unicorns ,No paradise or unicorn farts, Than you can sleep well.

I have reworded your argument to be more accurate and therefore inserted transdimensional unicorns in place of god, since they are just as likely to exist.

That said, you are the one who has proposed the transdimensional unicorn and I think your claim is bullshit. Now prove to me that transdimensional unicorns exist and we can discuss it further. Otherwise, I'm not seeing it hold any water.

[Image: unicorn.jpg]

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
17-03-2014, 10:42 PM
(17-03-2014 08:50 PM)laijorad Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 08:40 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Why do you threaten my friend Chas with death? Is this a part of your religious practice? What is the purpose and what is the benefit? Does it please god?

Why not? Am trying to wake him up before it`s too late.

What do you think is the best way to make people see how great god is? Should I insult them and tell them they'll be dead soon? Will that usually convince them to follow me to the light?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
17-03-2014, 10:47 PM
(17-03-2014 09:05 PM)laijorad Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 08:34 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Ok, step one is to be believe, got it.
Step two, be thankful. What exactly should I be thankful for?
I am not mocking, I am asking an honest question.

For the blessings he gave you. Tomorrow if you lose your site or get sick you will understand why you should be thankful ,And for what.

If I thank god for my blessings, who shall I thank for my pain? Who shall I thank for my sorrows, my losses, and my heartache?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
17-03-2014, 10:49 PM
(17-03-2014 10:47 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 09:05 PM)laijorad Wrote:  For the blessings he gave you. Tomorrow if you lose your site or get sick you will understand why you should be thankful ,And for what.

If I thank god transdimensional unicorns for my blessings, who shall I thank for my pain? Who shall I thank for my sorrows, my losses, and my heartache?

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
17-03-2014, 10:53 PM
I should mention, Laijorad is right, God DOES exist. I met him last night. I ate a little too much spicy things and I temporarily died on the pot.

God said (with my name replaced with "Dem"):

"Dem, I gave you multiple opportunities to believe in me. Before I send you to the lake of sulfur, tell me why you forsaken me?"

"Because you're a dick, Allah."

When God raised his finger to smite me, I ran up to him and punched him in the dick. I took Mohammad's flaming sword out of his sheath and sliced off God's testicles before cutting the muscles that hold God's mouth shut, so I can stuff the gonads in. I then killed him, Mohammad, Jesus, and the other prophets. The last living angels decided that when I live out my time on this Earth, I can take God's throne and become the next all-powerful deity.
[+] 3 users Like DemonicLemon's post
17-03-2014, 11:12 PM
I loved the video of Khadaffi getting the beat-down before they threw his balls to the sharks. What a Beautiful Thing. It made me smile.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop