Going Vegan.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2014, 12:45 PM
RE: Going Vegan.
(12-12-2014 11:56 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 08:25 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Beans have the highest amount of protein so needless to say she makes red/kidney beans, black beans, garbanzos and lentils. Nuts also have lots of protein so we eat a lot of Thai dishes that have peanut. She makes fruit smoothies and throws in Brazilian nuts (these are rich with B3, niancin).

When I question the protein intake she points out that some of the largest land animals are vegan (elephant, rhino) and this always makes me laugh.

Beans are incredibly rich with protein, yes, but they are not complete. One would need to eat a large variety of protein-rich vegetables to get the remaining aminos.

I'm not so sure that animals that have evolved as herbivores would share a diet with us.

Seeds (biologically that includes legumes, nuts, and whole grains) are complete proteins, though. They have to be! Undifferentiated germinating plants can't synthesize all their own biochemistry any more than animals can.

That said, most of the problems with meat are due to production methods, and, particularly in the west, massive overconsumption...

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
12-12-2014, 01:16 PM
(12-12-2014 11:56 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  So do you inaccurately predict often? Even now, scientists have been working on synthesized meat and other things. It is quite possible that within the next few decades, we won't have to rely on the death of cattle animals for our consumption.

How long have they been working on it. Also keep in mind that cattle has evolved for human use, eating them is one. So how do expect cattle to be alright one the only predator it has has stopped consuming it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-12-2014, 01:30 PM
(12-12-2014 01:16 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  How long have they been working on it. Also keep in mind that cattle has evolved for human use, eating them is one. So how do expect cattle to be alright one the only predator it has has stopped consuming it.

The first was created this year, with surprisingly accurate taste.

[Image: 3015249-inline-culturedbeefslide1.jpg]

They extract muscle cells with a painless process, then nurture them so they multiply. So science... it works, bitches.

As for domestication, meat is not the only thing we use livestock for. Slowly reduce populations and use them for eggs, dairy products, and leather -- which could be harvested after the animal has died of natural causes.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
12-12-2014, 01:37 PM
(12-12-2014 08:25 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Beans have the highest amount of protein so needless to say she makes red/kidney beans, black beans, garbanzos and lentils. Nuts also have lots of protein so we eat a lot of Thai dishes that have peanut. She makes fruit smoothies and throws in Brazilian nuts (these are rich with B3, niancin).

When I question the protein intake she points out that some of the largest land animals are vegan (elephant, rhino) and this always makes me laugh.

Fava beans to be more accurate, as the have 26 grams of protein at 100 grams and steak only has 25 grams, not by much but it is still more.

And sorry I must throw something in but the comparison that elephants and rhinos are big and vegan is that they are not even in the same super order as us. Rhinos are odd-toe ungulates. That means they belong to Laurasitheria and we belong to Euarachontoglires. Elephants are even farther away than rhinos, hell they aren't even a member of Exafroplacentalia, which holds most other mammals besides afrotheria. Tell her that gorillas would be a much better example than those.

Sorry but it was in my nature to correct that Confused

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-12-2014, 01:52 PM
(12-12-2014 01:30 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 01:16 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  How long have they been working on it. Also keep in mind that cattle has evolved for human use, eating them is one. So how do expect cattle to be alright one the only predator it has has stopped consuming it.

The first was created this year, with surprisingly accurate taste.

[Image: 3015249-inline-culturedbeefslide1.jpg]

They extract muscle cells with a painless process, then nurture them so they multiply. So science... it works, bitches.

As for domestication, meat is not the only thing we use livestock for. Slowly reduce populations and use them for eggs, dairy products, and leather -- which could be harvested after the animal has died of natural causes.

Awesome, but how will it raise testosterone? Consider

12-12-2014, 02:46 PM
(11-12-2014 07:25 PM)RuthD Wrote:  I would be proud to be vegan if I could do it. It's very hard, though, in my estimation.

Even by cutting back on meat you are helping the animals and leading a healthier life.
Factory farming is a very bad aspect of cruelty to animals both in terms of misery and the end product. Sure meat is a good source of protein, but there is other stuff besides.
The factory product contains colorants, hormones and anti biotics, as well as other chemicals. Not to mention mad cow disease, bird flu, wormy pork etc.....not all too healthy at all.
These days many people are addicted to meat, what with Maccas, KFC, and many other outlets. It is not so much the use of meats these day but the abuse.
You are to be congratulated for your concerns over animal cruelty as well as your own personal health issues....Thumbsup
12-12-2014, 03:01 PM
(12-12-2014 02:46 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 07:25 PM)RuthD Wrote:  I would be proud to be vegan if I could do it. It's very hard, though, in my estimation.

Even by cutting back on meat you are helping the animals and leading a healthier life.
Factory farming is a very bad aspect of cruelty to animals both in terms of misery and the end product. Sure meat is a good source of protein, but there is other stuff besides.
The factory product contains colorants, hormones and anti biotics, as well as other chemicals. Not to mention mad cow disease, bird flu, wormy pork etc.....not all too healthy at all.
These days many people are addicted to meat, what with Maccas, KFC, and many other outlets. It is not so much the use of meats these day but the abuse.
You are to be congratulated for your concerns over animal cruelty as well as your own personal health issues....Thumbsup

A. You gots to read what muffs said on farms again

B. Bean farms are made by destroying ecosystems like rainforest, not only killing animals for are wants but also the plants that live there as well. So if we are protecting animals, beans seem to be the best choice to get rid of.

C. Animal cruelty will happen whether someone is vegan or not. Again read muffs post on farming.

12-12-2014, 03:26 PM
(12-12-2014 01:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

Fava beans to be more accurate, as the have 26 grams of protein at 100 grams and steak only has 25 grams, not by much but it is still more.

And sorry I must throw something in but the comparison that elephants and rhinos are big and vegan is that they are not even in the same super order as us. Rhinos are odd-toe ungulates. That means they belong to Laurasitheria and we belong to Euarachontoglires. Elephants are even farther away than rhinos, hell they aren't even a member of Exafroplacentalia, which holds most other mammals besides afrotheria. Tell her that gorillas would be a much better example than those.

I’ll make sure to tell her.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
12-12-2014, 03:29 PM
(12-12-2014 03:26 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 01:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Fava beans to be more accurate, as the have 26 grams of protein at 100 grams and steak only has 25 grams, not by much but it is still more.

I’ll make sure to tell her.

You are amazing.

12-12-2014, 03:38 PM
(12-12-2014 03:29 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 03:26 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’ll make sure to tell her.

You are amazing.

No, you are amazing.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce