Going Vegan.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: Going Vegan.
What is the difference between a vegan and a vegetarian ?

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 04:27 PM
(08-01-2014 04:07 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  What is the difference between a vegan and a vegetarian ?

Vegans are humorless. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
08-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Ovo/lacto vegetarians eat eggs and dairy products but no fish or meat.
Vegans exclude dairy and eggs as well as meat and fish.

Flexitarians, a relatively new group, endeavour to reduce the consumption of foods that are viewed as creating pain and suffering for animals.
08-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Vegetarians don't eat meat or anything cooked with meat based products.

Vegans go the whole hog on animal products and by-products. They tend to reject ANYTHING that is used with animals.... which reminds me of this picture I saw last year:

[Image: LOwJk.jpg]

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
[+] 7 users Like SpaceMonkey's post
08-01-2014, 06:32 PM
(08-01-2014 04:32 PM)SpaceMonkey Wrote:  They tend to reject ANYTHING that is used with animals.... which reminds me of this picture I saw last year

Can't get rid of slavery, so much of our livelihoods and welfare depends on it. So why bother if you can't do it cold turkey?

Brilliant Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
08-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Predatory meat eating allowed us to evolved to what we are. Animal cruelty should be eliminated but vegans are for eating, not being.
. If I had a choice I would eat bolt gun beef over throat cut beef. But cant see that on the label anytime soon.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
08-01-2014, 06:59 PM
(08-01-2014 06:54 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Predatory meat eating allowed us to evolved to what we are. Animal cruelty should be eliminated but vegans are for eating, not being.

I could never be a vegan not because I like eating meat so much but because they are just the worst people. Have you ever been inflicted with a group of the most self satisfied egotists? That is what hanging around with vegans is like. I have yet to meet a vegan that could cook to save their lives either. I have had side dishes at steak houses prepared by chefs that build their entire careers around meat put more thought and care into their vegetables than any vegan. Of course like any other extremist they all have the horror stories they tell based on what they think the truth is and will bitch whine and complain if anyone injects reality into the conversation. I understand vegetarians I get not liking animal cruelty but vegan not even once.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Re: RE: Going Vegan.
(08-01-2014 06:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 06:54 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Predatory meat eating allowed us to evolved to what we are. Animal cruelty should be eliminated but vegans are for eating, not being.

I could never be a vegan not because I like eating meat so much but because they are just the worst people. Have you ever been inflicted with a group of the most self satisfied egotists? That is what hanging around with vegans is like. I have yet to meet a vegan that could cook to save their lives either. I have had side dishes at steak houses prepared by chefs that build their entire careers around meat put more thought and care into their vegetables than any vegan. Of course like any other extremist they all have the horror stories they tell based on what they think the truth is and will bitch whine and complain if anyone injects reality into the conversation. I understand vegetarians I get not liking animal cruelty but vegan not even once.
Way to generalise, cuntface.
08-01-2014, 08:09 PM
I agree with cuntface. Only because I've never meet a sane vegan.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
08-01-2014, 08:20 PM
(08-01-2014 07:50 PM)NoraBrimstone Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 06:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I could never be a vegan not because I like eating meat so much but because they are just the worst people. Have you ever been inflicted with a group of the most self satisfied egotists? That is what hanging around with vegans is like. I have yet to meet a vegan that could cook to save their lives either. I have had side dishes at steak houses prepared by chefs that build their entire careers around meat put more thought and care into their vegetables than any vegan. Of course like any other extremist they all have the horror stories they tell based on what they think the truth is and will bitch whine and complain if anyone injects reality into the conversation. I understand vegetarians I get not liking animal cruelty but vegan not even once.
Way to generalise, cuntface.

Found the vegan

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post