Going Vegan.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: Going Vegan.
(08-01-2014 06:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 06:54 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Predatory meat eating allowed us to evolved to what we are. Animal cruelty should be eliminated but vegans are for eating, not being.

I could never be a vegan not because I like eating meat so much but because they are just the worst people. Have you ever been inflicted with a group of the most self satisfied egotists? That is what hanging around with vegans is like. I have yet to meet a vegan that could cook to save their lives either. I have had side dishes at steak houses prepared by chefs that build their entire careers around meat put more thought and care into their vegetables than any vegan. Of course like any other extremist they all have the horror stories they tell based on what they think the truth is and will bitch whine and complain if anyone injects reality into the conversation. I understand vegetarians I get not liking animal cruelty but vegan not even once.

Quite. I'm yet to meet a vegan who wasn't something of a lady's area. Had a good friend who turned vegan and became most intolerable.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nooneofconsequence's post
09-01-2014, 09:15 AM
(08-01-2014 04:31 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Ovo/lacto vegetarians eat eggs and dairy products but no fish or meat.
Vegans exclude dairy and eggs as well as meat and fish.
So.. vegans just don't drink milk and eat eggs ? not really a big difference if you ask me.. i'd just label them "non-ovo/lacto vegetarians"

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
09-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Hey Woofs.....since you are mostly concerned about animal welfare, have you considered getting yourself a laying hen or three? That way they are treated as well as YOU want, and you can eat guilt free eggs, produced from hens that eat only what YOU feed them. A couple chickens are ridiculously easy to take care of, and eggs are about the most complete, healthy food on the planet.

Just sayin. If you want to explore it further, let me know. I'd be glad to help.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
09-01-2014, 09:49 AM
The only time these birds "suffer" is when they get squirted with the garden hose to chase them out of the cantaloupe patch!

[Image: ac6b8d8d506a9a399fa9ef31e1916d3a.jpg]

[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
09-01-2014, 10:19 AM
(09-01-2014 09:49 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The only time these birds "suffer" is when they get squirted with the garden hose to chase them out of the cantaloupe patch!

what of the horrors of people stealing their unborn young and pan frying them .

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
09-01-2014, 10:50 AM
(09-01-2014 09:49 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The only time these birds "suffer" is when they get squirted with the garden hose to chase them out of the cantaloupe patch!

Nothing like free range farm fresh eggs. I know a guy that I get eggs from and there is no comparison.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-01-2014, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 01:57 PM by SpaceMonkey.)
(08-01-2014 06:32 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 04:32 PM)SpaceMonkey Wrote:  They tend to reject ANYTHING that is used with animals.... which reminds me of this picture I saw last year

Can't get rid of slavery, so much of our livelihoods and welfare depends on it. So why bother if you can't do it cold turkey?

Brilliant Drinking Beverage

You can't liken slavery to eating meat. It's like Morrisey saying that eating meat is akin to pedophilia. They aren't in the same category.

Besides, at least when an animal is killed, it's used up. I like meat, I don't agree with keeping animals in awful conditions - I refuse to go to the zoo. But along that note, just because I don't go to the zoo, doesn't mean zoos will close down. Unless there's a worldwide strike on going to the zoo..... And don't misunderstand me, I applaud people's fight to change the treatment of animals.

I try and eat meat that is from farms that don't involve animals living in shoddy conditions, but my body needs meat. My biology fits meat eating. My teeth have canines and incisors. And I like meat.

Smile

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
[+] 1 user Likes SpaceMonkey's post
09-01-2014, 02:12 PM
(09-01-2014 10:19 AM)sporehux Wrote:  

what of the horrors of people stealing their unborn young and pan frying them .

Anthropomorphisize much?

don't worry. I got it. I'm just playing along Wink )

09-01-2014, 02:27 PM
I don't eat chicken because of the horrific conditions the animals are kept in. I do eat beef and mutton, and I make sure to buy free range organic meats. As my body is adapted to eat meat I see no ethical problem with eating meat, even if I have problems with the treatment of livestock.

Personally I prefer venison and fish for ethical purposes. But as the season for both is small and as they are labor-intensive I compromise and go for free range organically the rest of the time.
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
09-01-2014, 02:59 PM
(09-01-2014 02:27 PM)natachan Wrote:  I don't eat chicken because of the horrific conditions the animals are kept in. I do eat beef and mutton, and I make sure to buy free range organic meats. As my body is adapted to eat meat I see no ethical problem with eating meat, even if I have problems with the treatment of livestock.

Personally I prefer venison and fish for ethical purposes. But as the season for both is small and as they are labor-intensive I compromise and go for free range organically the rest of the time.

I love reading posts like this. Not because I'm pushing meat or anything. Just because it shows that you don't have to be an extremist. Making compromises like natachan has a massive impact. It sends a simple, yet effective message "My preference as a consumer is humanely treated animals, and I will make sacrifices to gain that preference." Big businesses (ie factory farms) LISTEN to that kind of message because it affects their bottom line. Who gives a shit what their motives are, getting big business to treat animals better is ALWAYS a step in the right direction. And at the same time, supporting small farmers et al, whenever possible, or even just whenever convenient, is better than skipping them for the convenience of the grocery store every time.

Pitching in just a little helps.

So Woofsy, how bout them hens? Huh? Want a tutorial on chicken tractors?? Lol

[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post