Going on a brief hiatus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2015, 04:18 PM
RE: Going on a brief hiatus
(16-09-2015 11:20 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It bothers me to see the line through his name....

Weeping

10 bucks says he'll log on as a guest Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-09-2015, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 06:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
God you're an idiot. I'd post my homework here. cjlr and chas can do your physics and math, a shitload of us here can do your compsci, HoC and I can do your abnormal psychology, chas and vosur can do your English comp, GWoG can do comparative religions, slowminded can do your contemporary terrorism, Alla can do your politics 101, OrganicChemist can do, well, organic chemistry, dancesfortwo can teach you how to make your own lace panties. That seems like enough for one semester. You'll never get ahead unless you can get other people to do your work.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-09-2015, 05:08 PM
(16-09-2015 08:54 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  G'day guys 'n gals.

As some of you may know, I started attending uni this year. Suffice it to say, I have found it to be quite challenging, the most difficult thing to deal with outside of my own insecurities regarding my work's non-existent quality has been being able to concentrate on my assignments; being the horrible procrastinator I am, I often found myself surfing the forum rather than doing things I should have, like researching my papers and studying.

This semester I'm facing more work rapidly piling up, which will require all my attention to not fail spectacularly.

As such, and because I don't trust myself not to reset my password or to uninstall blocker plugins and as my restraint has clearly failed far too often, I've decided to go for the tactical nuclear option and asked Momsby to grant me favour; a swift banhammer strike to wherever she feels is most appropriate, so as keep me out for a week to see if I'm able to pull myself out of the shitty bed I've made, and see if I can't make a better one in which to lie. If not, I may end up requesting an extension.
I thought it would be best to explain what was up, rather than having Momsby do it.

With luck and a little hard work, I'll feel able to return triumphant and resume my regularly scheduled presence, until then, good bye, guys.

Good luck mate.
I will miss you but your future is more important than a website. Good luck.
Dale.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Dodgy

[Image: oscar.png]
18-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Is he gone? For sure?

OK, we can start talking about him. Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
18-09-2015, 01:49 PM
I always thought "good grades" were a myth! Tongue

You need to get some, take their pictures, and post them here for us to see! Thumbsup
No problem! Einstein

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
18-09-2015, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 06:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-09-2015 01:49 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I always thought "good grades" were a myth! Tongue

Dude, I can show you some ridiculous transcripts. 3.9 GPA in BSCS from UMCP and 4.0 in MSCS from JHU while drunk and stoned. Or, more precisely, because I was drunk and stoned. Transcripts got me a great job. A few weeks in my manager said "Bob, you gotta stop showing up drunk and stoned." "Okay, but realize that my performance is gonna suffer." Been mediocre ever since. I like mediocre. Hobo

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-09-2015, 02:58 AM
(18-09-2015 04:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  A few weeks in my manager said "Bob, you gotta stop showing up drunk and stoned." "Okay, but realize that my performance is gonna suffer." Been mediocre ever since. I like mediocre. Hobo
When I read that, I was reminded of a certain part of this German song:

Meine Lieder sing' ich Dir
Von Liebe und Ewigkeit
Und zum Dank teilst Du mit mir
Meine Mittelmäßigkeit

I sing my songs to you,
about love and eternity
And to thank me, you share with me
my mediocrity

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
19-09-2015, 03:08 AM
Who is this DJ MC Square and what club does he gig?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-09-2015, 01:14 AM
(16-09-2015 09:48 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Hit the books hard, we’ll be here when you get back...probably...some of us will I mean...others will get the real ban hammer in the interim Big Grin

MOM?

You banned Free Thought?

YOU BANNED FREE THOUGHT!

You momster!

Big Grin

Seriously, Free, hope your time away helps you get your schedule back under control, and if you're reading this, let me just say, GET OFF THE FORUMS AND BACK TO WORK!
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post