Going on holiday without girlfriend.. she's gone nuts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Going on holiday without girlfriend.. she's gone nuts
(23-04-2015 06:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 03:27 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I've recently booked a holiday with two friends to visit Athens for 3-4 days in June (influenced by the fact I'm studying ancient Greece.)
I love going to new places, experiencing new things with my girlfriend/wife. I tend to find she has catalystic properties for me, a.k.a exciting things are much more exciting when I am experiencing them with her.

If I were on a trip to Athens, I'd be begging her to come with me.

I'm thinking that if you would prefer your girlfriend to not be there, that perhaps you think she will cramp your style, then perhaps she isn't the girl for you.
It's a hell of a thing to be married to a person who you see as cramping you rather than being that catalyst.
No it's nothing like that, as I said I was invited by the 2 people I'm going with because of the pricing they got for it all.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2015, 11:08 AM
(23-04-2015 08:39 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 07:08 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I don't think he stated a preference for that..

Perhaps not in so many words, but when the OP writes:

(23-04-2015 03:27 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I feel like I'm being mentally bullied [...]

... it's clear what his preference is. One is not bullied into a decision one already agrees with.

You clearly misunderstand what I've already said.

[+] 1 user Likes SunnyD1's post
24-04-2015, 11:12 AM
(23-04-2015 10:16 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Honestly I'd be kind of pissed off too.

A huge adventure like that and you don't even bother to invite her, over preference of going with two other girls that obviously upset me for some reason..? With a clear impression you give to flicks about my feelings?

If I were her and my boyfriend did that to me I'd be finding a new one.

It's not a preference nor a huge adventure, I was invited and accepted by 2 friends she doesn't get along with.

24-04-2015, 11:13 AM
(23-04-2015 10:02 PM)Nurse Wrote:  So your two girlfriends invited you along, your follow up question could have been "cool, mind if Susie Q comes along?"

Or you're not that serious to be going on trips together?

No they don't get along like, it would be awkward and even argumentative at times. Which is why I said if I go with them then me and her would go somewhere too, and she declined.

24-04-2015, 11:15 AM
(23-04-2015 08:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Switch it around. How would you feel if she went off with two good looking guys on a trip to......oh lets say....Paris. She's studying.....um....architecture...yeah..architecture, that's what she's studying. Sure thing....snicker snicker ...architecture.

How would you feel about that?

Oh yeah I see that perspective totally, but your cynicism is really unnecessary. We've spoke about that and I've really comforted her on the issue she has nothing to worry about. It's not that, I still don't know what the major issue is because she changes it and everytime I address the new issue she changes it again.

24-04-2015, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2015 11:49 AM by Deidre32.)
I'm always wary of men who call their current or ex gf's/wives...''nuts.''

The fact that you talk about her like this...she should dump you and find two hot guys of her own...for a ummm......holiday.

Wink

I will say that I'm not big on relationships, marriage or any of that. I've been in relationships, and prefer dating and having fun, without all the seriousness and work that tend to accompany relationships. Having said that, if you want to be in a relationship, your gf's opinions should come before two random uni chicks. The fact that it seems like you care more about going on a holiday with them, than hanging with your gf...that tells me you should be single.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
24-04-2015, 11:51 AM
(24-04-2015 11:08 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 08:39 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ... it's clear what his preference is. One is not bullied into a decision one already agrees with.

You clearly misunderstand what I've already said.

In any communication, there are two participants. I can only read what you write. If there's a misunderstanding, I'll own my part in it, but perhaps you could be more clear what you mean by "bullying", because most people view that with aversion.
24-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Stevil, Hobbit, dance and Deirdre have all hit on what I have been trying to figure out how to word.

clearly- your needs/wants/desires out rank your gf. She thinks of you as a couple first, and operates according what may be best for both of you, while you consider your wants first.

its not to say that one persons needs shouldn't ever be first, but that decision is reached jointly-together, not just one person saying "I'm going on a trip to a cool place with two people you don't want me hanging out with, see ya."

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
24-04-2015, 12:08 PM
There's always more to these stories, so I can only base my advice off of the info given, and my own observations of people in offline life.

If these were two guys you were going with, and your gf acted like this…my advice would be different. But, you kinda have to give up ‘sleepovers’ with the opposite sex when you’re in an exclusive relationship. Lol Laugh out load

And if you don’t see that, single life would better suit you. I don’t want to ‘answer’ to anyone, but I’m aware that there is some degree of that, when you’re in a relationship. Not necessarily in a bad way, but in a mutually respectful type of way.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
24-04-2015, 12:10 PM
did you ask your gf how she would feel about you going BEFORE you accepted the invite?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller