Going on holiday without girlfriend.. she's gone nuts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2015, 08:29 PM
RE: Going on holiday without girlfriend.. she's gone nuts
Its not about the trip really, its the complete lack of respect for her feelings.

Being in a relationship means youre in a unit, and that means compromise to make both people as happy as possible. You need to realise that as much as her.

If you both arent willing to do that, then its time to move on.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
24-04-2015, 08:33 PM
(24-04-2015 08:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Its not about the trip really, its the complete lack of respect for her feelings.

Being in a relationship means youre in a unit, and that means compromise to make both people as happy as possible. You need to realise that as much as her.

Not everything inherently deserves respect. The insecurities are hers alone. She's entitled to have them, but not entitled to have people cater to them.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
24-04-2015, 08:34 PM
(24-04-2015 08:33 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 08:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Its not about the trip really, its the complete lack of respect for her feelings.

Not everything inherently deserves respect. The insecurities are hers alone. She's entitled to have them, but not entitled to have people cater to them.

Yep, this isn't going to end well.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-04-2015, 08:38 PM
(24-04-2015 08:33 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  

He knew when he was invited that it would cause issues and didn't care, he brought this on himself knowingly, so I have no pity that he's being given a hard time. Part of being in an adult relationship is dealing with those issues, on both their parts. If they arent willing to work as a unit its not going to work period and they should move on.
24-04-2015, 08:51 PM
(24-04-2015 08:38 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  He knew when he was invited that it would cause issues and didn't care, he brought this on himself knowingly, so I have no pity that he's being given a hard time. Part of being in an adult relationship is dealing with those issues, on both their parts. If they arent willing to work as a unit its not going to work period and they should move on.
Yes, being invited to an event now owes its onus to the invitee.

Also, lol at "didn't care."

He's stated multiple times to having a lengthy discussion about this with his girlfriend. He's told her he's totally willing to go on a trip with her.

However, the reason for this trip not being offered to the both of them has nothing to do with a choice made by him.

Let's keep it objective.
[+] 2 users Like Gilgamesh's post
24-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Don't discount the romantic possibilities for a trip like that which may not exist closer to home. I went on an extended European business trip with a much younger single woman, and my wife hated it, and she was right. Almost felt like an impossible situation.
25-04-2015, 07:00 AM
(24-04-2015 08:51 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 08:38 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  He knew when he was invited that it would cause issues and didn't care, he brought this on himself knowingly, so I have no pity that he's being given a hard time. Part of being in an adult relationship is dealing with those issues, on both their parts. If they arent willing to work as a unit its not going to work period and they should move on.
Yes, being invited to an event now owes its onus to the invitee.

Also, lol at "didn't care."

He's stated multiple times to having a lengthy discussion about this with his girlfriend. He's told her he's totally willing to go on a trip with her.

However, the reason for this trip not being offered to the both of them has nothing to do with a choice made by him.

Let's keep it objective.

Best of just ignoring the ones that don't seem to reading what I put. Most people here seem to be reading "boy with girlfriend goes on a trip with 2 girls". Very very black and white. We've sorted it anyway, I have to steal a rock from the Parthenon and it's squits.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
[+] 1 user Likes SunnyD1's post
26-04-2015, 02:45 PM
(25-04-2015 07:00 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  We've sorted it anyway, I have to steal a rock from the Parthenon and it's squits.

Well that's one way of breaking up with you 'cause you ain't coming out of Greece with that rock. You going to jail. Cameras everywhere. Cops in the trees. Eyes in the skies. Just grab some arbitrary rock from your front yard when you come back and tell her it's from the Parthenon. That should work. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-04-2015, 08:43 AM
(24-04-2015 04:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 03:41 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  If they were straight males, then more than likely there would be a lot less grief directed at you.

You're not married are you. When I went away for a weekend with the fellas ManlyGirl says, "Who you going with?" "George and his boyfriend." "Gonna cruise gay bars?" "Probably." "Well there goes any chance of you getting laid fatboy. Have fun."

Going on holiday without her with 2 straight men? Even GirlyMan would be thinking hookers and blow.

Haha! I am married and there are a few of my straight male friends that my wife would have a coronary if I even suggested a guys trip with them. She trusts me, but not them.

I meant that he'd likely be getting less grief from the peanut gallery, not his gf.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
29-04-2015, 12:43 PM
You mean vacation? LOL