Going on my student exchange to Germany tomorrow.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Going on my student exchange to Germany tomorrow.
So yeah.

Basically what happens is, me and some other students from my year in school go to Germany for a week. We each have an exchange partner, and we each stay with their family for the whole week. We spend a few days going to their school, but for the most part we go to different places around Germany seeing the sights and doing different things and what not. Then some time in March, our partner comes over here and does the same thing.

At first I thought it was a great idea, but now I'm regretting it a bit. I didn't really think it through. First of all I haven't a word of german, AT ALL. My teacher in school is so bad that even after studying the subject for 3 years, I still don't know how to say 'how are you?' The main thing though is that I feel really awkward having to stay with a complete stranger and his family in a different country for a whole week. I also only really wanted to go over there, not for anyone to come over to my home. Too bad though everything has been organised and paid so I'm stuck.

Have any of you guys done this before? -Adults can post if they want to-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Going on my student exchange to Germany tomorrow. - Magoo - 30-11-2012 04:28 PM
RE: Going on my student exchange to Germany tomorrow. - That Icelandic - 28-01-2013, 08:47 AM