Going to my first appointment with the pyschiatrist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 02:40 PM
RE: Going to my first appointment with the pyschiatrist.
(30-10-2012 02:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 02:33 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I don't think I can. I find people around me relatively boring. I will try to be nice,but I can't stand the fact that he is analyzing my behavior to find something wrong with me.

Nah. You have preconceived ideas about what "head-shrinkers" are like. That's not really what they do. All they're gonna do is talk. The "analysis" is fairly basic. Ie, are your sentences "coherent", do your thoughts "flow" in an ordered fashion "one from the other'. The first visit is just gonna be a basic talk, like "tell me a little about yourself" type questions. If your thoughts flow rationally, he/she will see you are not in need of their services.
I really don't want to talk. Especially about my past to him. I am sure my parents have told him about my real mom and what she did, and I don't appreciate that.

He is probably thinking I am some fucked up kid that got sexually abused.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 02:40 PM
(30-10-2012 02:34 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 02:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Talk about strategies for dealing with insane parents.

Haha very funny.Drinking Beverage I am seriously annoyed that I have to spend my time being in a room with a guy I don't even trust, and getting analyzed.

You're not "getting analyzed". He's just gonna talk. Don't prejudge him. Maybe you'll like him/her. He may end up being a resource for you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Well I dunno if there is a thread about this that I don't follow, but why are you going in the first place?

Shrinks don't want something to be wrong with you. If there's nothing wrong, then don't stress it. Your shrink will say so.

If there is something that they feel they can help you with, then great!

Just visiting.

-SR
30-10-2012, 02:41 PM
(30-10-2012 02:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 02:34 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Haha very funny.Drinking Beverage I am seriously annoyed that I have to spend my time being in a room with a guy I don't even trust, and getting analyzed.

You're not "getting analyzed". He's just gonna talk. Don't prejudge him. Maybe you'll like him/her. He may end up being a resource for you.

I am not judging, I just prefer not to talk to people about me, my past and my ideas with out me giving it away. Plus, I don't feel comfortable being in rooms with strangers.

30-10-2012, 02:43 PM
(30-10-2012 02:41 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Well I dunno if there is a thread about this that I don't follow, but why are you going in the first place?

Shrinks don't want something to be wrong with you. If there's nothing wrong, then don't stress it. Your shrink will say so.

If there is something that they feel they can help you with, then great!

I am in there because my mom thinks that me being an atheist has got to be some sort of problem that can be fixed with a psychiatrist.

That's the point. If they feel they can help, they will try. I see nothing wrong with me, and if they do, I don't want there help.

But it's not about that so much as I have trust issues, and problems with being alone with strangers, always did.

30-10-2012, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 03:04 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-10-2012 02:41 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 02:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You're not "getting analyzed". He's just gonna talk. Don't prejudge him. Maybe you'll like him/her. He may end up being a resource for you.

I am not judging, I just prefer not to talk to people about me, my past and my ideas with out me giving it away. Plus, I don't feel comfortable being in rooms with strangers.

Yes, you are pre-judging if you haven't met them. The first meeting, they're not gonna get into anything heavy anyway. That may come later. I didn't know about your "real" mom. PM me if you want to tell me. But if you have never discussed something bad, then this could be a good thing. But be that as it is, you, just as with the priest, always have the option, of sitting there and saying "I don not wish to discuss that here, now", or "I am not ready now, for that".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

30-10-2012, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 03:05 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I know a lot a psychiatrists Steven, as dad is a doctor. They're not "headshrinkers". They want the best for you. They're good people. It will be obvious to the doc that you are fine, if you are fine. Turn this into a positive opportunity, and talk about how to deal with your parents, (who are actually the insane parties here). If you BOTH, (the MD and you) agree that that's the reason you are there, then it turns into a positive thing about coping with crazy parents. Use the opportunity for yourself.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-10-2012, 02:54 PM
(30-10-2012 02:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I know a lot a psychiatrists Steven, as dad is a doctor. They're not "headshrinkers". They want the best for you. They good people. It will be obvious to the doc that you are fine, if you are fine. Turn this into a positive opportunity, and talk about how to deal with your parents, (who are actually the insane parties here). If you BOTH, (the MD and you) agree that that's the reason you are there, then it turns into a positive thing about coping with crazy parents. Use the opportunity for yourself.

Sometimes, Bucky, what they think is best for me, isn't whats best for me.

30-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Take it easy. Tell him you're pissed and why. Just be straight up honest like you are on the forum.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-10-2012, 03:03 PM
(30-10-2012 03:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  Take it easy. Tell him you're pissed and why. Just be straight up honest like you are the forum.

I am only mad that they would waste money on something as stupid as this.

[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post